Is it possible to receive price alerts without autoupdating price?

jpsingleton

I'd like to have control over my product prices, since it doesn't always make sense for me to sell two products that are $0.80 on AliExpress for the same price on my own site. (I might want to sell one for $5 and one for $10.) But I would still like to know if the AliExpress prices change, so I can update my own prices as needed.

1. Is there a way to be alerted to price changes? Even some sort of marker in the list view of products would be super helpful. Does this functionality exist? Or does anyone know of a plugin or service that can achieve this? (I've found a number of services that will alert for price drops but not price increases.

2. Also, if I decide to use formulas to set the prices automatically, is it possible to override that for specific products? Will my own prices be overwritten the next time I do a manual update?

Thanks!!

mushrukh

You can set your own price for the individual product and switch on the Auto Price Update . and the price will be changed if the price on aliexpress changed. you can even set the pricing formulas this is best option

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I'd like to have control over my product prices, since it doesn't always make sense for me to sell two products that are $0.80 on AliExpress for the same price on my own site. (I might want to sell one for $5 and one for $10.) But I would still like to know if the AliExpress prices change, so I can update my own prices as needed.

1. Is there a way to be alerted to price changes? Even some sort of marker in the list view of products would be super helpful. Does this functionality exist? Or does anyone know of a plugin or service that can achieve this? (I've found a number of services that will alert for price drops but not price increases.

2. Also, if I decide to use formulas to set the prices automatically, is it possible to override that for specific products? Will my own prices be overwritten the next time I do a manual update?

Thanks!!
1. Now it is not available , but I will discuss this option with the developers.
2. https://alidropship.com/codex/2-how-to-use-markup-formula/
you can set up a specific price for some products also, just disable Update opion in Supplier info and it will not be updated during the next update and keep your particular price for that product.

jpsingleton

So what happens if I disable the Update option in the Supplier Info and then the product goes out of stock? Do I receive any sort of notification, or do I have to manually keep tabs on the availability of every product that doesn't have an automatically set price?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
So what happens if I disable the Update option in the Supplier Info and then the product goes out of stock? Do I receive any sort of notification, or do I have to manually keep tabs on the availability of every product that doesn't have an automatically set price?
If your product doesn't have Update option enabled - it will not be updated at all. You need to track by yourself its actual inventory.

Mazhar Kazi

Any change of getting this feature in the new upgrade? It would be good to update the stock automatically and generate an alert for pricing change!! In many cases, it is better to update the price manually!!

jdobbsy1987

Any change of getting this feature in the new upgrade? It would be good to update the stock automatically and generate an alert for pricing change!! In many cases, it is better to update the price manually!!

I too would love the ability to have inventory auto update but get an alert to allow me to manually update price.

I'm struggling with sale items as lots of items imported are on sale at AliExpress so they are shown as on sale on my site, i dont want to show them on sale at my site unless i specifically say they are on sale and different prices being assigned to variations... i want all my variations to have the same price regardless of the variation prices on AliExpress (just want the higher priced as the price for all variations).

I think a good half way house would be auto update inventory and alerts for pricing as manually updating them appears to work best for my needs unless someone can offer a better solution. Currently i have to constantly check the prices to see if they have changed which is a pain for lots of products.

Last edited:

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I too would love the ability to have inventory auto update but get an alert to allow me to manually update price.

I'm struggling with sale items as lots of items imported are on sale at AliExpress so they are shown as on sale on my site, i dont want to show them on sale at my site unless i specifically say they are on sale and different prices being assigned to variations... i want all my variations to have the same price regardless of the variation prices on AliExpress (just want the higher priced as the price for all variations).

I think a good half way house would be auto update inventory and alerts for pricing as manually updating them appears to work best for my needs unless someone can offer a better solution. Currently i have to constantly check the prices to see if they have changed which is a pain for lots of products.
https://alidropship.com/codex/updating-options-ver-1-0/

jdobbsy1987

jdobbsy1987

I have just noticed the variations bit, maybe the update changed the look as i have just gone back after updating the plugin and can see it clearly now.

So the only thing missing is the price alerts, rather than doing noting would it be possible to implement an alert so we can manually adjust pricing if we wish?

I would rather have it update automatically but i want to make sure all my variations are set to the same prices (even if they are different on AliExpress) and also just set a standard price rather than a standard and sale price if it's on sale like it does if its on sale on AliExpress

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I have just noticed the variations bit, maybe the update changed the look as i have just gone back after updating the plugin and can see it clearly now.

So the only thing missing is the price alerts, rather than doing noting would it be possible to implement an alert so we can manually adjust pricing if we wish?

I would rather have it update automatically but i want to make sure all my variations are set to the same prices (even if they are different on AliExpress) and also just set a standard price rather than a standard and sale price if it's on sale like it does if its on sale on AliExpress
We will refine AliDropship Woo plugin notifications system.

jdobbsy1987

Hi,

I know it hasn't been long :) but do you know when you will have a price change alert option?

I have had a few items change price significantly, if anyone bought them from my site during that time, i would be out of pocket?

I personally can't / don't really want to use the auto update for pricing due to Variation / Sales prices, i want variation prices to stay the same price for some items while different for other items and want to also specifically items on sale as i wish rather than them getting put on sale based on the AliExpress price being on sale (if that makes sense).

Just wondering so i know how long to manage for :)

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi,

I know it hasn't been long :) but do you know when you will have a price change alert option?

I have had a few items change price significantly, if anyone bought them from my site during that time, i would be out of pocket?

I personally can't / don't really want to use the auto update for pricing due to Variation / Sales prices, i want variation prices to stay the same price for some items while different for other items and want to also specifically items on sale as i wish rather than them getting put on sale based on the AliExpress price being on sale (if that makes sense).

Just wondering so i know how long to manage for :)
I can't tell when we will implement it and how do we change it , we are still discussing it .

You can set UPDATE filters as Do nothing (if price changes) and Update automatically (if stock changes) for some products and Update them individually.

You can always exclude some products from a bulk import list:

Edit Item ‹ Best Brooch — WordPress - Google Chrome 2018-03-22 13.46.38.png

jdobbsy1987

Thank you for your reply, I don't see that update option on my screen in the product settings, in the AliDropShip Woo settings i have it set to auto update for stock but not pricing.

This appears to work ok but just looking for an alert to say when a price has changed to i can react manually to it as i don't like the price auto update, 98% of my products end up on sale and variations have different prices.

I will try and find alternative options to alert when prices change until you implement something.

Thank you for your reply, I don't see that update option on my screen in the product settings, in the AliDropShip Woo settings i have it set to auto update for stock but not pricing.

This appears to work ok but just looking for an alert to say when a price has changed to i can react manually to it as i don't like the price auto update, 98% of my products end up on sale and variations have different prices.

I will try and find alternative options to alert when prices change until you implement something.

View attachment 3435
What interface is this? I dint see these options under my dashboard. This isnt for the woo version is it?