[METHOD] STRIPE Payment Gateway

Tokay

Hello everyone, im about to launch my store, and I would like to know if you can still get stripe using only the EIN number and using 0000 as SSN, is this still possible?

The EIN method no longer works. Now the EIN is optional but the last 4 digits of SSN is mandatory, so save yourself the effort and don't get the EIN. I used 1234 as the last 4 digits of SSN since it wouldn't accept 0000. I have 1 notification on my account saying I need to change it but ignored it. So far so good, almost 2 months and over $700 processed through stripe. My first few payments started coming in after 5 business day but now they come in after 2 days.

triharas

one question if possible someone with experience answer. right now i am having one store but i am preparing other 2 in the process. can i use the same api keys one more than one stores? or i need to create another account as stripe recommends?

triharas

Hello stripe is working good for me but yesterday when a order came from stripe an automatic email came also asking for my full ssn. i put 000-000-0000 and submitted it. do u think i will have a problem?

Bulat

Hello.
I just add Stripe for credit card processing on my shop - it's Star Wars themed shop.
I don't sell any product via card yet but today I recieved this letter:

"Thanks for using Stripe!

We've noticed that your website sells Star Wars merchant. Before we can resume payouts to your bank account, we do need to request confirmation that your store is authorized to resell Star Wars branded items.

We're really sorry about the trouble—unfortunately, a few bad actors can make for a few extra hoops for legitimate businesses to climb through. If you send us documentation confirming your authorized reseller status, we are happy to resume payouts!"

I know a lot of dropshippers there are selling such branded stuff and using a Stripe as a card gate.
Did you recieved such messages?
What do you suggest to do for me in this situation?

Ravenvox

Guys and gals, here's a video explaining the whole process to get a working stripe legally and it's up to date as of today and it's what I'm using in my businesses since june/july while doing big volumes of sales without an issue. You'll also learn how to have bank account that holds 28 currencies (euro, cad,aud,yen,usd, gbp...) I hope it helps :)

dewdeals

Hi everyone, nice threads to follow. Please I wanna ask if it's necessary to get LLC registration done before getting EIN? If no, will there be any sanctions if we later have reasons to do anything in the USA and records showed one is a tax invaders? To have my stripe activated I only need the EIN and I get verified.. The process are What I find difficult

Tokay

Kind of but its not viable. Eventually they're gonna catch up to you or you're gonna get a chargeback. Stripe can't take money out of Payoneer and automatically pays you out. Unless you get lucky and have enough in there before payout to pay the chargeback + the $15 fee (Stripe are notorious for losing chargebacks so kiss your money goodbye) you'll have a negative balance in your account and they'll boot you.

jubran

You don't need an LLC before you get an EIN. (And now EIN is not a mandatory for Stripe. However, it boosts the trust by Stripe).

This method still works, yes.

Simply provide exceptional customer support and you'll have no problems. If someones want his money back, get him "a refund" via PayPal.

boyan

You can also turn off automatic payments and switch to manual on your Stripe profile, considering you have opened one yourself.
And you don't really have to use Shopify payments (automatic) or use the Shopify platform platform at all. You can do the same with Wordpress + Woocommerce module + choose whatever payment method you desire on your own.

And be legal. Register an LLC company in Delaware U.S, get EIN number, pay your taxes and open Payoneer business and other business type accounts in U.S or online banks.

Last edited:

jubran

You can also turn off automatic payments and switch to manual on your Stripe profile, considering you have opened one yourself.
And you don't really have to use Shopify payments (automatic) or use the Shopify platform platform at all. You can do the same with Wordpress + Woocommerce module + choose whatever payment method you desire on your own.

And be legal. Register an LLC company in Delaware U.S, get EIN number, pay your taxes and open Payoneer business and other business type accounts in U.S or online banks.

But if you open an LLC company, don't open a Payoneer account. It's not that it is bad but payment gateways don't prefer it (Shopify Payments even block it) and you can't issue refunds so get a normal bank account instead.

boyan

But if you open an LLC company, don't open a Payoneer account. It's not that it is bad but payment gateways don't prefer it (Shopify Payments even block it) and you can't issue refunds so get a normal bank account instead.

1. I don't plan on using Shopify payments (it is unavailable to me). I'm going to link my Stripe account to Shopify. Maybe i won't use Shopify at all but build my own website with Wordpress and WooCommerce and link it with Stripe.

2. My Stripe account is already set to manual so that I have money aside in case of a refund. (I will choose WHEN to get paid, non-automatic process)

3. I'm going to link my Stripe account with TransferWise business account and link that same account to Payoneer business account. (These business accounts link to your EIN and company, which is important for paying taxes)

4. I also plan on getting a real U.S bank account soon.

If you think there is still problem with this setup please let me know because I have just registered my LLC and now waiting for EIN number from IRS. Also, could you please explain to me your setup?

Last edited:

jubran

1. Yes, I think it's better to open through Stripe but if you'll be processing much, then you can get pretty low rates with Shopify Payments.
2. Just get a US bank account and get Payooner and TransferWise out of the game.
3. Why do you need to wait for EIN? You receive it instantly over the phone.

boyan

1. Yes, I think it's better to open through Stripe but if you'll be processing much, then you can get pretty low rates with Shopify Payments.
2. Just get a US bank account and get Payooner and TransferWise out of the game.
3. Why do you need to wait for EIN? You receive it instantly over the phone.

1. Can't use Shopify Payments. Not available to me and my country, but I have Stripe anyway.
2. Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Any U.S bank that you could recommend?
3. I'm not really in a rush, so the timing will be quite alright.

Kempee

Hi everyone,

I want to share with you simple Method for getting Stripe wherever you are in this big World :D

And I'm this good because I see everyone is struggling with Payment Gateway!

I decided to try Stripe and had to find a fast and legal way to accept it without being resident of the supported countries.

As for now I know it's functioning well, but the thing is I don't know how long will it drive but if something happens then just open a new one :D

So here is the method to GET STRIPE and live forever:

The normal way is to form an LLC (Limited Liability Company) or C-corp in the US and open the bank account; however, even if the process of LLC opening is simple and can be done remotely, there are no banks in the US that are willing to open an account without the potential owner first visiting the branch.

Also, Stripe requires you to enter SSN or EIN to verify your identity, which stops 90% of people in their tracks.

The good news: Yes! You can get an EIN being a foreigner AND remotely, which is enough for Stripe to activate your account.

To proceed you'll need a few crucial things:
  • A US bank account
  • A SSN or EIN
  • U.S. Address ( I used $10 USAMail for this or just use any POBox System, you just need address)
  • TextNow or Sonetel for approving Stripe Account to proceed with transactions (they will hold it if you don't do that)
NOW LET'S GET TO BUSINESS!

FIRST THING FIRST REGISTER FOR STRIPE ACCOUNT

1) Bank Account
Thank God there is PAYONEER! – payment system that can provide you with a prepaid MasterCard AND has the ability to accept ACH transfers from US Companies - exactly what is used by Stripe to conduct a payout.

Registration for Payoneer is straightforward and if you want, you can use my link to get $25 to your account. Once you're done they will send you the card (MasterCard), however you don't need to wait to receive it and can start accepting payments from Stripe right away.

2) SSN / EIN
This article is for foreigners and I assume you know nothing about SSN (Social Security Number). One thing you should know though is that it's IMPOSSIBLE to get it.

The alternative to SSN is EIN – an Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number, which is used to identify a business entity.

To get the EIN you'll need to make a call to the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) and do some homework:
  • Download the formand fill it in beforehand.
  • Call the IRS (number – (800) 829-4933) and say that you need an EIN. They will ask you to send the form by fax, but just say that you do not have a fax machine and would like to do it by phone.
  • The operator will ask you to have the form on hand and dictate fields.
  • In 10 minutes you'll have an EIN number which also will be sent to you by mail (in your home country).
The only other thing worth doing is asking the IRS about filing a tax return. In my case they told: "We don't care, just pay in your home country".

When you have your EIN, you can go to Stripe and switch the LIVE/TEST switcher to LIVE, then click Activate Account.

You have to fill out all the fields, but be careful with the following. Here is what you should choose:

Business type: Individual / Sole Proprietorship

EIN: The number you've received

Address: Any mail-forwarding address in the US (PO Box Address)

Phone: Real US phone number (get it here and forward to your phone) or FREE Solution is TextNow

SSN: 0000

Bank Account: Log in to your Payoneer account, click Receive -> Global Payment Service and copy all the bank info from there.

And that's it. Accept your payments!

If you have any additional questions please feel free to ask I'll do my best to answer it.

CHEERS!
Do I need to register an LLC in US?

boyan

Do I need to register an LLC in US?

As a non-US citizen without SSN number you will need TIN/EIN (taxpayer number) which is required for Stripe or if you want to use Shopify in combination with Stripe. You can get these numbers if you file a personal request, incorporate or form an LLC, and then you can sign up for Stripe payments.

If your country is not supported with Stripe then you will need to get an individual EIN or register a company in the U.S.

If you don't want to use a company or Stripe, there are alternatives. You can always choose alternative payment processor or build your own website and integrate payment API, shopping carts, etc, like for example with Payza, but it is a FACT that dropshipping works best with Stripe anyway.

Other reason WHY you would want to form a company is because of the liability protection. If you get sued over a product you sold, then your company takes the full responsibility, while you and your personal assets are protected.

Another reason WHY you would want an LLC is simply business long term scaling. You might want to use your profits in future into expanding your business to a whole new level.

Last edited:

Quadra Services

How do you deal with this?
Can I fix a company in the United States?

嗨邹,

谢谢你的介绍。不幸的是,我们仍然无法接受手机支付。

条形码只能支持客户争议风险较低的用户 - 在检查您提交的信息和网站后,似乎您的网站的风险比目前支持的更高。

很抱歉,我们无法提供持续的服务,我们希望您与您的业务最好的运气。

最好的,德克斯特

Hi Based on the limited understanding of Chineese i would say that probably a USA based payment service provider declined your account becouse they thought you are a high risk merchant.

The Good News is that .. Many EU based PSP's can say yes to international Merchants.

Please keep in mind that Dropshipping is also concidered a High Risk Merchant Account but still if you have a registered business, Bank Account in your country and a Vendor agreement then there may be a posibility of approval.

Merchants in the dropshipping industry can also apply for USA echeck and global internet payment gateway.

You may be put on a 7-12 Days Hold and the PSP may ask for POD very often. Still if you need a long term option we will be glad to look at your application

One more thing most of the solutions that we have come with a Woocommerce plugin . We will be glad to try to setup your account for echeck for Free.

7toun

I tried to call them many times, how do you guys get a conversation with the agent, i couldn't access to no one, the automatic response saying just chose to get info about IRS etc. there is no option to talk to an agent! any help will be highly appreciated!!