WP update problem

Craig Sutcliffe

Hi all
Just updated WP to version 5.2 and since, allot of the features within the plugin and customization of the theme are not working.
any advice appreciated.

Craig Sutcliffe

Any examples of what's not working?
Hi, pretty much nothing is working at the moment, you go onto alidropship dashboard and nothing loads, if you import products and try adding reviews or looking at gallery etc you just get the buffering symbol like the screensho shanuman posted above.

Direct Webstore

All you guys really need to pay attention to this next time. I do.
Important: Before updating, please back up your database and files. For help with updates, visit the Updating WordPress Codex page.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator

Deus

I have the same problem, but my server isn't using PHP 7+. How can I fix this then?
Alidropship doesn't support PHP lower than 7 anymore?

Last edited:

Deus

I have a server with lots of sites using php lower than 7. It's impossible for me to change things for +50 sites.
I have been using alidropship until now without any problems

Deus

Anyone still using PHP 5 is seriously behind the times.

No it's not. Get cracking.

Or give it all up.

And in the future, stay on top of things.

Unbelievable!
I have +50 custom sites in the server and I'm not a coder nor a sys admin. Not sure how to do this tbh

shai

Hi there....after downloading the new plugin ...how should I handle this? what are the steps? (I assume not to delete the current version as all orders/configurations will be lost...isnt it? )
thanks

Direct Webstore

Hi there....after downloading the new plugin ...how should I handle this? what are the steps?
Just go to your WP-Admin>Plugins and it will be displaying an available update as it normally does. Click "Update now" as usual. No need to download it.

(I assume not to delete the current version as all orders/configurations will be lost...isnt it? )
It the case where you DO have to download it (rare) you assume wrong. All settings are safe and sound in the database. Nothing would be lost. You simply deactivate/delete the old plugin or theme then upload from Plugins>AddNew>Upload, then click "Activate".

In the case of themes, you must temporarily switch to another theme before deleting the old one and uploading a new one. Then switch back to the new one you just uploaded.

Actually, when you update a plugin or theme (any plugin/theme) normally from the WP-Admin>Plugins area, the entire plugin or theme is deleted in the background and the new one is downloaded and installed automatically in the background. And no settings are lost then either.

;)

Shanuman

I have +50 custom sites in the server and I'm not a coder nor a sys admin. Not sure how to do this tbh

You should be able to get in touch with your hosting provider and ask them to include PHP7.x. Chances are there is already support for it and you just have to switch it in your cpanel or plesk depending on what you use. If you could provide more details, we might be able to point you in the right direction. But you really do have to update. Eventually your sites are going to fall over if you don't.