WooCommerce big update ver. 3.6.0, 3.6.1

kk305

Dude, I'm a little stressed today because of alidropship not working and other site issues so I may have gotten you confused, sorry about that. You recommended wordfence. I had a site hacked about a week ago which was using wordfence but I'm writing here because alidropship is not working for me anymore, all clear? :)

Direct Webstore

I'm writing here because alidropship is not working for me anymore, all clear?
No worries, but it would have been clear if you simply mentioned that in the first place. But now I'm too scared to delve into the reasons for that. I'll leave it up to someone else ... before I get stressed too. lol ;)

kk305

Woo 3.6 broke a ton of plugins and integrations. I rolled back without an issue to woo 3.5.8. I think alidropship original or shopify is the way to go atm if stability is important to you.

Direct Webstore

Woo 3.6 broke a ton of plugins and integrations.
It did NOT "break" a "ton" of plugins and integrations at all. ONE integration (the Chrome extension) was broken, which was fixed with an update within hours.

As for plugins, NONE were "broken". There were a list of plugins that "haven't been tested with this version of Woo" type messages. This does NOT mean the plugins are "broken" or won't work. And also, these plugins are all in the process of being updated. Several on my sites did so the following day. The rest will follow in due time.

I think alidropship original or shopify is the way to go atm if stability is important to you.

Completely overly dramatic. It's not like Woo is putting out MASSIVE updates like this everyday or week. AND it was only one function that was affected. The Chrome extension.

To anyone using Woo ... just ignore this scaremongering. It's totally fine. Your site is not going to be hacked or suddenly explode in your face.

I rolled back without an issue to woo 3.5.8
Totally unnecessary ... and now you will not be able to import new products via the Chrome extension. However, up to you if you want to unnecessarily wait for a few other plugins to update themselves.

Ironically, your Woocommerce plugin is now out of date and "broken" (According to your logic). I just hope your site does not explode into a million pieces ... (joking)

;)

Blatantly incorrect, overly exaggerated and misleading statements like the ones above really annoy me. But I hope to God this is not going to lead to another meltdown by someone who can't handle another's opinion on an open forum. That annoys me too. ;)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Jesus, take a chill pill, dude.
For stating simple corrections? Why? ;)

Please refrain from making overly dramatic, incorrect and misleading statements. Some newbies may mistakenly believe you. It's irresponsible. Simple as that. But thanks for the medical advice ... ;)

Case closed.

Direct Webstore

Here we go again....newbies should not use woocommerce. Period.

*sigh*

The only way to stop being a newbie is to try things and learn about them. We all have to start somewhere and all of us who use Woo had to do so for the first time at one stage or another. Please stop giving incorrect "advice". Really.

;)

Direct Webstore

Just got an email from Woocommerce today ... here's an excerpt.

WooCommerce 3.6 is more performant on both customer-facing and administrative pages. These improvements are built upon a new Product Data Lookup Table which makes key pieces of data about products more efficient to query.
The end result is speed – a key metric for page ranking and customer happiness.

All the products and related info are in ONE table and that's a major cause of the CPU overuse problem. I heard rumours that the product table situation would be improved in the future ... so let's hope this latest update helps with that. But they're still using just one table.

We'll see I guess.

;)

Last edited: