WooCommerce big update ver. 3.6.0, 3.6.1

Direct Webstore

Ok.... I just figured it out. It was a third party security plugin... All In One WP Security. I deactivated it and then deleted my chrome extension log in... then re-logged in.
It's working!
I reccomend Wordfence. I use Woo and have never had a problem with it. You just have to turn off most of email notifications in Options, though or it will drive nuts. ;)

NewGuy282

That's a change ... usually it's "I have read your comments and I think you're an asshole ... lol ;)

That's right.

Bad idea. Woocommerce has changed too much. You won't be able to import products.

Why can't you change your PHP version to 7.1 or 7.2 via cPanel? Then download the 7.1 or 7.2+ Aliwoo?

Look for something like this in your cPanel...

View attachment 8745

Or write to your host's support and ask them to change it.

And in the unbelievable situation your host does not have at least PHP 7.1 .... you need to change to another host. Even the worst of them have at least 7.1.

;)

Hi DWS,

Ok thanks very much for your help!!! I have contacted my host and will look to upgrade my PHP. Thanks again for you quick response - its much appreciated!

Andreas tsolis

Are YOU kidding US? (The members) It just updated TODAY. Give them more than a couple of hours to get the plugin up to date as well, you impatient dummy. I, you and others will also have OTHER plugins that will need to be updated as well. Are you going to go to all of their support pages and have a big emotional meltdown at them as well ? Pathetic!

The older version is up there to download if you need it ... You can use it just fine for a few days, couple of weeks or whatever till the plugin is updated. The main problem is just the Chrome extension not working. If you're not importing any products at the moment ... don't worry about it. Stop being such an overly dramatic drama queen. For God's sake!

Seriously? lol. How dramatic again! If you don't have Wordfence or a similar security plugin installed, you're a bigger fool than you already appear to be. And if you DO have one installed, your concerns about "vulnerabilities and dangers for our server" because Woocommerce is one update behind is completely laughable. lol

What a great sobbing twat you are. Really.

Here ... take one of these, wipe your eyes and blow that big nose of yours.

View attachment 8726

:(
Do you think that i have time to waste with you ???? Really ????? LOL
Have a nice day .

Ps i will wipe something allright dont worry

Direct Webstore

Do you think that i have time to waste with you ???? Really?
Yes...really, because you just wasted some with that reply ... ;)

Ps i will wipe something allright dont worry
Oh. My mistake. Here take this instead ...

1555704942269.png

Rather than waste any more time replying to me again, I think you should just apologise to Victoria for being so rude. And also thank ALDS Team for updating the plugin so fast. ;)

Last edited:

NewGuy282

That's a change ... usually it's "I have read your comments and I think you're an asshole ... lol ;)

That's right.

Bad idea. Woocommerce has changed too much. You won't be able to import products.

Why can't you change your PHP version to 7.1 or 7.2 via cPanel? Then download the 7.1 or 7.2+ Aliwoo?

Look for something like this in your cPanel...

View attachment 8745

Or write to your host's support and ask them to change it.

And in the unbelievable situation your host does not have at least PHP 7.1 .... you need to change to another host. Even the worst of them have at least 7.1.

;)

Hi DWS,

I have had my host change over to 7.2 and they have been running all error logs etc (being really helpful actually!) - However the latest version of woo php7.2, breaks the site consistently and they have asked me to ask the Devs if there is any obvious reason for this. They have tried multiple times to change to 7.2 with this Plugin - and they have said that it seems to act as a primary function, and once they try to update the plugin it fails. They have even deleted the Plugin and still nothing - linked to a primary function? They have the latest download of the Plugin and no matter which way they attempt to add the Plugin it fails.

Strange,

I've had a roam around the forum and cannot seem to find any answer - and I'm hoping even if a long shot - that perhaps you have heard of this and know a work around. Apologies for bothering you again!

Thank you again for your previous help also - its helped a ton.

Direct Webstore

woo php7.2, breaks the site consistently
"Breaks the site" is not very good info. Any error messages?
Maybe they don't have ionCube installed in PHP 7.2

I suspect your host's support don't know what they're doing ... maybe. ;)

Just use PHP 7.1 then. The difference in performance between it and 7.2 is so microscopic, you can't notice it.

... and ask them if it has ionCube installed.

NewGuy282

"Breaks the site" is not very good info. Any error messages?
Maybe they don't have ionCube installed in PHP 7.2

I suspect your host's support don't know what they're doing ... maybe. ;)

Just use PHP 7.1 then. The difference in performance between it and 7.2 is so microscopic, you can't notice it.

... and ask them if it has ionCube installed.

Thanks again for getting back - I asked them what they meant and they said its a 500 Error. My apologies for being so vague - it's all they sent me!?!?

ioncube wasn't installed - which they are trying now! That could be it!

And yes, I will tell them to try 7.1 if they fail at 7.2.

Thanks again for your quick and helpful response - you're a credit to this forum.

Direct Webstore

A 500 error is often caused by having the wrong PHP version of the plugin. To gain access to your site again, go to the alids plugin folder in WP-Content>Plugins via FTP or cPanel>File Manager and rename it to alids-old. Then your site will work.

NEXT...

1. Go to WP-Admin. The plugin will be disabled.
2. Rename the folder back to alids again via FTP etc
3. Delete the plugin from WP-Admin>Plugins
4. Download the correct PHP version of the plugin from https://alidropship.com/updates-plugin/ and upload it from Plugins>Add New>Upload
5. Activate.

Note: It's really quite simple to change the PHP version of your site yourself via cPanel>PHP Selector (Or something of a similar name in your cPanel) Change it to 7.1 and download the 7.1 plugin as described above.

Make sure you click the "Save" link at the bottom of the PHP Selector page.

;)

NewGuy282

A 500 error is often caused by having the wrong PHP version of the plugin. To gain access to your site again, go to the alids plugin folder in WP-Content>Plugins via FTP or cPanel>File Manager and rename it to alids-old. Then your site will work.

Hey DWS -Thanks for that info - unfortunately this method did not work for me - I still get a white screen when trying with either 7.1 or 7.2?

Not sure what is preventing the site loading properly - there are no error codes at all!?!??!

I have tried switching with both the 7.1 and the 7.2 update, to no avail, then even putting the really old version on, change the PHP, rename as you suggest, and still nothing. I still have a little hair left to pull out, just!

I would like to add - that this is the last response I had from my host -

""Sorry that I couldn't be more helpful with this, a 500 error is a site side error so the issue will be plugin, theme, or something relating to the installation.
However with the error not being logged it is hard for us to pin point the cause.""

I'm officially stuck :(...

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Download and make a backup of your .htaccess file via FTP.

Then delete it and see if that works.

It's the only other thing I can think of that may be causing this.

If that works ... I need to see the contents of that file to further troubleshoot.

;)

kk305

I reccomend Wordfence. I use Woo and have never had a problem with it. You just have to turn off most of email notifications in Options, though or it will drive nuts. ;)

Wordfence Premium, maybe. I got a website hacked with wordfence installed even though it had every possible option turned on and configured. Defender is much better. wc 3.6.1 with alidropship 1.4.8.1 not working here, unfortunately.

Direct Webstore

Wordfence Premium, maybe. I got a website hacked with wordfence installed even though it had every possible option turned on and configured.
I guess you were just a rare unlucky case. I've never heard of anyone else being hacked and there's no one in the reviews mentioning being hacked either. The free version is normally fine. But even the safest house could have a meteorite smash through it's roof. lol
But you obviously had your site backed up, so no worries, right? ;)

Defender is much better. wc 3.6.1 with alidropship 1.4.8.1 not working here, unfortunately.
If it's not working, I guess people should just stick to Wordfence and make periodic backups then.

kk305

Yes, no worries about the site. I actually cleaned it up myself just for fun. The problem is not wordfence or defender, I guess I have to go back to the previous version of woo but I'm concerned about the database. Luck, by the way, is the last thing you want to rely on in business.

Direct Webstore

I guess I have to go back to the previous version of woo
That's the end of importing products with the Chrome extension then.

but I'm concerned about the database.
Right. The data base was updated as well. You'd need a previous back up of it to roll back Woo.

Luck, by the way, is the last thing you want to rely on in business.
You're right. Where did I say one should rely on it?

If I was you, I'd just keep the update. Rolling it back because Defender won't work with it is ridiculous. Common sense would dictate to just use another security plugin (except Cerber) and make periodic backups ... which people should do anyway.

;)

kk305

You must have gotten me wrong, Defender has nothing to do with the problem but I appreciate your input.

Direct Webstore

You must have gotten me wrong, Defender has nothing to do with the problem
Defender is much better. wc 3.6.1 with alidropship 1.4.8.1 not working here, unfortunately.
It's the only problem you mentioned. But then I just noticed that you said this later ...
The problem is not wordfence or defender

I guess I have to go back to the previous version of woo
You haven't mentioned any other problem causing you to want to roll back Woo, so I have no idea of what the problem actually is.
I and others have no problem with it.

Why do you want to roll back to the previous version of Woo?

;)