Why not add alphabetical sort on the product pages?

sha77

Alphabetic sorting of products on a page is missing for all pages. The only one's available are Popularity, Newest, Price low to high, Price high to low, and Discounts. Alphabetic sort would be useful and makes a lot of sense.

Check fig on current alternatives.

Attachments

• No alphabetical sort.jpg
    No alphabetical sort.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Mar

Mar

Alphabetic sorting of products on a page is missing for all pages. The only one's available are Popularity, Newest, Price low to high, Price high to low, and Discounts. Alphabetic sort would be useful and makes a lot of sense.

Unlike other new members asking annoying repeated questions, this is a good suggestion.

Yaros

Staff member

Could you send some samples on how it is done on other ecommerce websites?

Direct Webstore

Could you send some samples on how it is done on other ecommerce websites?
I don't recall seeing that on other sites. I don't really see the need for it if there is a search box. The search box is much more efficient at finding what you want rather than scrolling through pages of Alphabetically sorted products.

e,g. I want a "Hammer". What's easier, typing "hammer" into a search box and instantly seeing all the results for hammers ... or scrolling for minutes or more through the Alphabetically sorted list of all the sites products trying to find hammers?

A hammer may be listed by it's brand name, colour, composition etc ... e,g. Neil's Hammer, Metal Hammer, Wooden Handle Hammer, Aluminium Hammer ... already you have hammers listed under "N, M, W and A". All over the place! Not only would it take ages to find all the hammers on the site in an Alphabetical list, but you may also even miss some.

Not very practical ... in my opinion. And I doubt many customers would actually use it. I wouldn't.

Last edited: