What should I do to set the price, if the price I deal with supplier is lower than the price of their product on Aliexpress

deedspool

Hello,
I have a case like this, and I don't know how to do with Alidropship.
I have talked with a supplier about their product, the price on Aliexpress is $68 and they gave me the cost is 56$. Now i go back to my store and import their product, but how could I customize the price because Alidropship put the $68 instead of my $56 price.
I expect that, after setting the price markup, the final price on my store is the result of $56 (with my formula) not $68 (with my formula).
What should I do in this case and how to let the supplier know that the order created by my store.

Thank you!

daniel-97

There are 2 solutions I can think of:

1. Ask them to create a secret product for you with $56, and you import it to your shop as that product you planned with them.

2. Ask them for a secret discount code so when you put it on checkout, the product will be minus back to $56

Mar

Hello,
I have a case like this, and I don't know how to do with Alidropship.
I have talked with a supplier about their product, the price on Aliexpress is $68 and they gave me the cost is 56$. Now i go back to my store and import their product, but how could I customize the price because Alidropship put the $68 instead of my $56 price.
I expect that, after setting the price markup, the final price on my store is the result of $56 (with my formula) not $68 (with my formula).
What should I do in this case and how to let the supplier know that the order created by my store.

Thank you!
Deal with AliExpress, not the AliExpress supplier. The supplier cannot give a special price unless you deal and order with them directly which is not a good idea. See this thread https://forum.alidropship.com/threa...e-looking-for-partners.7641/page-7#post-65716

Mar

1. Ask them to create a secret product for you with $56, and you import it to your shop as that product you planned with them.

2. Ask them for a secret discount code so when you put it on checkout, the product will be minus back to $56
What is this secret? how does it work?

chris37

@daniel-97 i am interesting us well how is working that secret product ?
is a hide url which only you know? or is different way?

the_lyall

If they're going to offer the special price in the form of a discount after ordering or something like that, you can manually update the product price in the product page in WooCommerce after importing to change the SALE PRICE relative to your purchase price.

You can't specify YOUR purchase price anywhere in WooCommerce - when you place the order with the supplier using AliDropship it will use whatever price is publicly displayed on the page URL associated to that product (in Product > Supplier tab).

A 'secret product' would be one where they publish the product on AliExpress with a different price and give you a link to that product for you to order, while not making the product visible to the public on AliExpress. If that's possible for them to do, I have no idea.

Mar

You can't specify YOUR purchase price anywhere in WooCommerce - when you place the order with the supplier using AliDropship it will use whatever price is publicly displayed on the page URL associated to that product (in Product > Supplier tab).
Agree. Once a seller post product in AliExpress, the price is for everybody. There is no way to give a special price for an individual, unless the buyer pay directly to the seller. AliExpress sellers are bind with agreements with AliExpress, many are to protect buyers. If a buyer buy directly with the seller, these agreements don't apply. The buyer will have to pray that there will be no problem with the order.
A 'secret product' would be one where they publish the product on AliExpress with a different price and give you a link to that product for you to order, while not making the product visible to the public on AliExpress. If that's possible for them to do, I have no idea.
Haven't heard something like that, in fact there is no such thing.

the_lyall

Haven't heard something like that, in fact there is no such thing.

Me either - but someone mentioned the concept of a secret product so I was explaining how it would work (if it existed). I actually use these on WooCommerce sites but I'm sure they don't exist on AliExpress...

chris37

Me either - but someone mentioned the concept of a secret product so I was explaining how it would work (if it existed). I actually use these on WooCommerce sites but I'm sure they don't exist on AliExpress...

That the matter :) i use secret products us well in a local site i have (when they create account they can see it).
But i never hear this about aliexpress . Without to be sure i ask if is exist! (i will like to ask supplies a better price us well but without the aliexpress buyer protection i dont want it)

deedspool

I read your discussion above and thank you, I now understand more things. In my case, I see that there's no way of working with Alidropship if we deal a special price with supplier (lower price than aliexpress store) . If I keep continue using Alidropship to import that product and sell it for $68 (then add formula to the price), this will make the product harder to sell. This is quite difficult situation.

the_lyall

I read your discussion above and thank you, I now understand more things. In my case, I see that there's no way of working with Alidropship if we deal a special price with supplier (lower price than aliexpress store) . If I keep continue using Alidropship to import that product and sell it for $68 (then add formula to the price), this will make the product harder to sell. This is quite difficult situation.

If the selling price is the issue you can manually reduce the selling price on the produce page as previously mentioned...

Mar

I send message to AliExpress sellers only when I have an order and have to request them to expedite shipping and complain when the order is not moving. Other than that, I never do. They cannot help you especially in terms of prices except if you pay them directly.

daniel-97

@Mar @Chrisschris37 There are some products on Aliexpress that you can see don't have an image, and it cost $999 or a specific amount. When I ask them, they said it's for a customer and if they buy from that, that supplier will know what to sell and send the right product between the two of them.

The products like that on Aliexpress don't have images, just 1 image like a bag of money or something so you cannot know what they're selling to each other. Maybe sometimes they do like $1 or $2 and say that it's for reshipping, and the dropshippers need to buy that so they can ship and track orders

P/S: Sorry for the late reply, I just woke up!

Mar

@Mar @Chrisschris37 There are some products on Aliexpress that you can see don't have an image, and it cost $999 or a specific amount. When I ask them, they said it's for a customer and if they buy from that, that supplier will know what to sell and send the right product between the two of them.

The products like that on Aliexpress don't have images, just 1 image like a bag of money or something so you cannot know what they're selling to each other. Maybe sometimes they do like $1 or $2 and say that it's for reshipping, and the dropshippers need to buy that so they can ship and track orders

P/S: Sorry for the late reply, I just woke up!
It is strange, haven't seen that. Why don't you give the URL of the product and I will see?

daniel-97

Last edited:

Mar

Give me more time, I saw it long ago so I need to do some searches lol

UPDATE: Found some links, they're like this:
- https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32970710928.html
- https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33056768585.html

Found these back when I was searching for customized packaging for later when I become rich and move onto bulk buying and warehouses
I opened the links, below is what I got. So, again, how does it work? Is it a special price the OP is asking? How about other buyers, aren't they able to buy with the same price?

1596166131171.png

1596166386074.png

daniel-97

I opened the links, below is what I got. So, again, how does it work? Is it a special price the OP is asking? How about other buyers, aren't they able to buy with the same price?

View attachment 12489

View attachment 12490
This is what I see on my end
1596166755055.png

As you can see, this is the "Private Link". The supplier told me that they create a product like this.

For example: Regular brush is $100, and you got to negotiate with them and they give you a price of $75. But they cannot change the price of the original product or else they'll lose money from everyone, this price is only for you.

So what they do is create a private link/product of $75 like this, and send you the link so you can link to your website. And when you purchase from this, they will send you the $100 product with the price you pay Aliexpress for $75.

Other people see a product that has no picture, cost $75, they're not going to buy it and waste $75 on something they don't know. And the product like this usually won't appear on the search, you have to know which store, go through their listing and find this

Mar

This is what I see on my end
View attachment 12491

As you can see, this is the "Private Link". The supplier told me that they create a product like this.

For example: Regular brush is $100, and you got to negotiate with them and they give you a price of $75. But they cannot change the price of the original product or else they'll lose money from everyone, this price is only for you.

So what they do is create a private link/product of $75 like this, and send you the link so you can link to your website. And when you purchase from this, they will send you the $100 product with the price you pay Aliexpress for $75.

Other people see a product that has no picture, cost $75, they're not going to buy it and waste $75 on something they don't know. And the product like this usually won't appear on the search, you have to know which store, go through their listing and find this
Ok we can call it secret. But how does it work if a dropshipper import the product to his store? Do you think a customer buy a product without a product image and description?

daniel-97

Ok we can call it secret. But how does it work if a dropshipper import the product to his store? Do you think a customer buy a product without a product image and description?
You import this product to your store, upload images that you saved from the $100 product and put it on your site's product. Write the descriptions too.

I don't do this, but other people does. There's always a way if you know how to find it. And I do all my website products' description too tho. Hard work but hope it helps with my SEO...

Mar

You import this product to your store, upload images that you saved from the $100 product and put it on your site's product. Write the descriptions too.
I have tried it, imported the product and opened the sellers home page hoping to see product images and description. There is nothing there, all I saw is the same image in the screenshot.
There's always a way if you know how to find it
This statement don't apply to everything. Some don't have a way.