What does Update Product do?

Hstar

When editing a product on the General tab there is the option to "Update Product". What does this option do exactly?
I don't want to update pricing, titles, descriptions etc so trying to understand when I would use this option.

There is also the option to "Update" your stock in the main settings. I've read through the guide but will this also update titles, descriptions etc? Really only want to keep track of if item is no longer available or out of stock.

Thanks

Yaros

Staff member
When editing a product on the General tab there is the option to "Update Product". What does this option do exactly?
I don't want to update pricing, titles, descriptions etc so trying to understand when I would use this option.

There is also the option to "Update" your stock in the main settings. I've read through the guide but will this also update titles, descriptions etc? Really only want to keep track of if item is no longer available or out of stock.

Thanks
The Update option only updates stock, pricing, variations and checks availability. You can make settings in General->Updates.

Hstar

The Update option only updates stock, pricing, variations and checks availability. You can make settings in General->Updates.
Ok great I get it. I'll keep Update products disabled on Product page and use General->Updates

Have you ever had the problem of customer orders a product but is out of stock on AliExpress? How do you handle?

Yaros

Staff member
Ok great I get it. I'll keep Update products disabled on Product page and use General->Updates

Have you ever had the problem of customer orders a product but is out of stock on AliExpress? How do you handle?
I usually easily find the same product from another supplier and change the item link on product options to update the product on my store.