Upgrade AliDropship Woo from PHP 7.4 version to PHP 8.1 version without losing your settings..

EMar

Hi,

Our server was upgraded to PHP 8.1, the website was down, until I disabled AliDropship Woo plugin.

Server was running PHP 7.4.3, my current installation of AliDropship Woo is alidswoo_ion72.zip

So I have the new AliDropship Woo plugin for PHP 8.1

From reading a few other topics, after upgrading to PHP 8.1 version, they lost all their settings.
I don't want to make this mistake, any advice on how to do the upgrade and keep current settings?

Uploaded the new alidswoo_ion81.zip and wordpress is asking if I want to replace current with uploaded?

Unpacking the package…

Installing the plugin…

Destination folder already exists. /home/me/public_html/wp-content/plugins/alidswoo/

This plugin is already installed.​

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

EMar

@Eva C

The website was down after I upgraded our server to PHP 8.1
I thought it was because I also switched web server from Apache Only, to Nginx, Vanish, Apache PHP-FPM.

I downloaded the AliDropship Woo for PHP 8.1
Uploaded the plugin .zip manually, replaced current plugin AliDropship Woo for PHP 7.2 or 7.4 and the settings were fine.

kospui

@Eva C

The website was down after I upgraded our server to PHP 8.1
I thought it was because I also switched web server from Apache Only, to Nginx, Vanish, Apache PHP-FPM.

I downloaded the AliDropship Woo for PHP 8.1
Uploaded the plugin .zip manually, replaced current plugin AliDropship Woo for PHP 7.2 or 7.4 and the settings were fine.
Hi, I'm facing the same problem. That is, the server is suggesting me to upgrade to PHP version 8.1. I've written to Alidropship customer support but no one answers... they only answer when it's to sell something, never when it's to solve a problem...

In your case, from the Wordpress plugin manager, you replaced the 7.4 plugin with 8.1 and everything worked fine? Can you confirm this for me? I want to do this but I'm afraid it will stop working.

Eva C

Hi, kospui,

yes, I deactivated alidropship woo 7.4 and installed 8.1 plugin - WordPress this plugin see as different plugin, so when I saw that it is working I deleted old alidropship plugin 7.4 and everything is fine (on more e-shops same steps).

Best regards,

Eva

kospui

From the "Upload file" section of the Wordpress plugins page I have tried to replace version 7.4 with 8.1 and the entire website has stopped working. Therefore, it has been confirmed that it DOES NOT WORK like this and it is not safe to update the plugin... it is a question of why no one answers in this company, no one fixes anything and the plugin will remain outdated.

Dimitriy Strekalov

Administrator
Staff member
From the "Upload file" section of the Wordpress plugins page I have tried to replace version 7.4 with 8.1 and the entire website has stopped working. Therefore, it has been confirmed that it DOES NOT WORK like this and it is not safe to update the plugin... it is a question of why no one answers in this company, no one fixes anything and the plugin will remain outdated.
Hello!

Could you, please, provide your WP-admin and CPanel access details? We will check, what might be wrong.

kospui

I correct myself!! The installation did work by directly replacing the 7.4 file with the 8.1 from Wordpress PLUGINS.

When I did this, an IONCUBE activation message appeared, which was the following:

"Script error: the ionCube Loader for PHP needs to be installed. The ionCube Loader is the industry standard PHP extension for running protected PHP code, and can usually be easily added to a PHP installation. For Loaders please visit get-loader.ioncube.com and for an instructional video please see http://ioncu.be/LV"

I simply accessed Siteground and activated ionCube for PHP version 8.1 and that's it. I finally have the store working with Alidropship with version 8.1. So, in my case it has been solved. Thanks!