Updated Facebook Usage

Direct Webstore

You probably created your Facebook App before April, 24, 2018, right? That probably explains why the FB section is still there. But it really shouldn't be there. Did you download it from the SR site or update it from the WP Admin? Doesn't really matter though, FB/SR is dead.

If you make a new FB App ... that FB/SR section will disappear.

:)

GKW Products

You probably created your Facebook App before April, 24, 2018, right? That probably explains why the FB section is still there. But it really shouldn't be there. Did you download it from the SR site or update it from the WP Admin? Doesn't really matter though, FB/SR is dead.

If you make a new FB App ... that FB/SR section will disappear.

Up to today I didn't have a Facebook section. It only showed up when I updated the plugin from inside WP admin. I didn't have a Facebook App so I followed the directions I showed you to create one and got the error I showed you previously. This is a new site that was created by Alidropship and has barely been open a month.

Direct Webstore

This is a new site that was created by Alidropship and has barely been open a month.
It seemed new to me as the layout is different from how I did it when I first set SR up a year ago.

If only you had mentioned the info in the first quote at the beginning, rather than the irrelevant info in the second quote ... we wouldn't have two pages of confusion and two hours of our lives wasted. LOL :)

GKW Products

Why, both quotes are relevant. This is not my first store. When facebook was removed from SR I deleted the facebook apps so there were no apps to make the Facebook section appear when I updated the plugin. The Facebook app was not created until after the Facebook section reappeared in the SR plugin, after the plugin was updated to the most current version.
None of this explains why the Facebook section appears in my updated plugin but not in the plugin of others.

Direct Webstore

Why, both quotes are relevant.
No. I presumed your plugin with the problem was installed a year ago according to the extra info you gave on page one. I only realised it was installed a month ago on the second page. Either Mar or myself could have pointed out the problem immediately if we had known that. :)

This is not my first store.
I'm not a mind reader. Wish I was ... lol :)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

how does having a previous store make a Facebook section suddenly appear in the plugin?

You probably created your Facebook App before April, 24, 2018, right? That probably explains why the FB section is still there.

The answer to your question is related to that second quote above. It shouldn't be there, but that's the only possible explanation. It's a glitch that only seems to apply to you somehow. With the tangled presentation of info received so far, God knows what the actual situation is with your setup. I've already wasted 2 hours on this confused, wild goose chase of a thread. I'm not wasting any more. I suggest you Google it and bring yourself up to date.

I'm outta here ... :)

GKW Products

I didnt ask you to waste your time. However I didnt create the Facebook App before April 24, 2018. Like I said the app was created today AFTER the Facebook section appeared in the plugin AFTER the plugin was updated to the most current version.
So the only confusion I see is that people are answering with facts that are not real.

Direct Webstore

I didnt ask you to waste your time. However I didnt create the Facebook App before April 24, 2018. Like I said the app was created today AFTER the Facebook section appeared in the plugin AFTER the plugin was updated to the most current version.
So the only confusion I see is that people are answering with facts that are not real.
Mate ... you're totally uninformed. Like I said Google the Snopes message and all will be revealed ... maybe. It depends on your comprehension level. Bottom line ... Facebook DOES NOT WORK with Social Rabbit anymore. As to why the FB panel is showing up in your installation ... impossible to say with the mish-mashed, back to front and inaccurate info provided so far. No one else is experiencing it. If I was you I would uninstall/delete it, download a fresh zip from the Social Rabbit site and see if the issue still persists. I'm betting it won't.

I didnt ask you to waste your time.
No problem ... shit happens. That's life. lol :)

Such as?

... actually, nevermind. This has gone on long enough already. I suggest you move on to something more productive. I am.

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Actually, I'm calling "Bullshit" on this whole thread. I'm betting those screenshots are from the older installation, not the new one.
That's exactly what it would look like in an older installation. It's the ONLY logical explanation.

Hasta la Vista ... I'm gone! :)

Last edited: