Unreasonable increase in shipping multiples of same item

ericnco

I was wondering if there is an option to increase shipping cost for customers as a percentage if they decide to buy multiples of the same product.

If I am selling a product at $10 and charge shipping $10, their total is $20.
If they decide to buy 3 of the same $10 product, their total becomes $30 (for products) + $30 (shipping cost)
That is a total of $60

If you buy multiples of the same product on Aliexpress, their shipping cost is not X times quantity of the same item. The purchase would be, for example, $30 (for products) + $8 (for shipping 3 of the same)
That is a total of $38

There is a big difference between $38 and $60 for multiples of the same product.

Additionally, if different products happen to be sold by the same seller and we can offer less shipping because they are bundles together, should it not be possible to pass on the savings to the customer?

Please let me know if you have a solution for these situations because it seems unreasonable that if a customer should choose to increase the quantity of their order of the same product, the shipping becomes too much. The incentive is gone.

I understand that I can bundle products on my page to decrease the shipping cost. I think a general shipping rule for multiple of the same products would make a lot more sense because recreating all products to accommodate inexpensive shipping becomes a ton of work.

Thanks for the help!!