Translate "Message for AliExpress Suppliers"

Direct Webstore

NiHow!

In Settings/Additional Settings there is the "Message for AliExpress Suppliers" ..

i.e "We are dropshipping! Please, don’t include any invoices or promo materials into the package."

From my experience with Chinese sellers on EBay ... many of them don't understand a word I write to them and it's obvious they are using copy/pasted English replies.

So ... Are there any Chinese members who could translate that message into Simplified Chinese?

I don't trust Google Translate to do a good enough job. I tried pasting some Chinese characters into the message text field and it works OK.

If no one here can do it ... I'll install a chinese keyboard on my smartphone and pop down to Chinatown here in Sydney and ask someone down there to type it into Evernote ... then I'll paste it here for anyone else who wants it.

Cheers :)

Yaros

Staff member
NiHow!

In Settings/Additional Settings there is the "Message for AliExpress Suppliers" ..

i.e "We are dropshipping! Please, don’t include any invoices or promo materials into the package."

From my experience with Chinese sellers on EBay ... many of them don't understand a word I write to them and it's obvious they are using copy/pasted English replies.

So ... Are there any Chinese members who could translate that message into Simplified Chinese?

I don't trust Google Translate to do a good enough job. I tried pasting some Chinese characters into the message text field and it works OK.

If no one here can do it ... I'll install a chinese keyboard on my smartphone and pop down to Chinatown here in Sydney and ask someone down there to type it into Evernote ... then I'll paste it here for anyone else who wants it.

Cheers :)
Great idea I think

Direct Webstore

I've just realised that this idea is a waste of time as ironically, Chinese characters are not accepted in the Notes section of the order on Aliexpress. Crazy, huh? :)

cpams322

You had a really good idea! Sorry to see it doesn't work. But...

I find that most Chinese people who do business with the USA have at least some basic level of English comprehension. They also tend to know even not-so-basic words that are particular to their business.

You just have to be very short and simple with them. Pretend you yourself are Chinese and know very little English, how would you speak?

This is GIFT:
-NO INVOICE
-NO SALE RECEIPT

-NO ADVERTISEMENT
Please : )

In fact, it's best to be short and to-the-point on all orders to retailers, even in the USA, because they don't have the time to read full sentences many times anyhow. Short bullet points are best for instructions as they are more efficient.

My above message translates to:

这是礼物
- 没有发票
- 没有销售收据
- 没有广告
请 :)

When I translated it back to English, it came back correctly in English. Not sure this is an indication of correctness or not.

However, please realize that the customs valuation is going to be on label on the outside of the box/envelope anyhow. This is actually worse than the customer knowing the price you paid because 99% of Chinese retailers SERIOUSLY UNDERVALUE their orders on the customs label. So if you paid $20 for the item, your customer might see as little as $1 on the customs sticker. I buy from China a lot. I have seen $50-$100USD items valued at as little as $0.50 on customs labels from various Chinese retailers, including AliX sellers. In fact, I have never personally seen a customs label from a Chinese retailer with a valuation more than $1.50.

Therefore, they may as well just include the invoice. lol. Your customer's going to think you bought it for a dollar anyhow.

The problem you are having is one of the major problems with dropshipping from AliX. While it is dropshipping to a degree, it's not true dropshipping unless you have an agreement with a specific seller to use your name on the return address and not to include and invoice & to include a packing slip with your company name. Technically, AliX dropshipping is more closely related to retail arbitrage than it is to dropshipping. It's kind of a hybrid of the two.

Direct Webstore

I find that most Chinese people who do business with the USA have at least some basic level of English comprehension.

From the number of obviously copy/pasted replies that have no relation at all to my initial messages ... my experience is the opposite. :)

Pretend you yourself are Chinese and know very little English, how would you speak?
After teaching English in South East Asia for 10 years ... I've got the hang of of it ... LOL :)

However, please realize that the customs valuation is going to be on label on the outside of the box/envelope anyhow. This is actually worse than the customer knowing the price you paid because 99% of Chinese retailers SERIOUSLY UNDERVALUE their orders on the customs label.
I have an explanation for that on my shipping page. It says it's to reduce costs and to ignore it. (In case anyone is pedantic enough to care)

When I translated it back to English, it came back correctly in English. Not sure this is an indication of correctness or not.
It's not. Google translate is merely reversing the original input. But it's close enough. :)

The problem you are having is one of the major problems with dropshipping from AliX.
It's not a problem. Actually ... after doing this for over a year, I haven't had any problems with this issue at all ... so far. I posted this thread way back when I first started and was slightly paranoid. My paranoia has turned out to be totally baseless.

While it is dropshipping to a degree ..... more closely related to retail arbitrage
No. It's dropshipping. 100%. Simple as that.

business with the USA
retailers, even in the USA
I'm in Australia ... a small non-descript country in the Southern Hemisphere outside the borders of the USA. LOL :)

Last edited:

cpams322

Haha. Chinese retailers and wholesalers truly are a different animal. Chinese retailers/wholesalers like to play dumb so they don't have to deal with you.

Customer service to the Chinese has a totally different meaning than it does to those of us in the USA and other western countries.

I'm not excusing them by any means.

As an example: Chinese retailers are notorious for trying to get out of returns (for various reasons, including the fact that the Chinese govt does nto like defective products returning into their country and impose taxes on returns). They try to get you to keep an item that was wrongly shipped by offering you $0.25 refunds on $25 purchases. In this case, the solution is to be stern with them and always use the phrase "chargeback with credit card company". Funny how their English skills become better after they read that :D They aren't dummies but they tend to treat others that way. This is my experience.

cpams322

Also, I find it odd Chinese retailers bother with packing slips or invoices anymore. Most online retailers in the USA, like Walmart and Amazon and Zappos don't even include a packing slip in your orders. But sears does. mayne that's why sears is a failing company lol. When you think about it, it's a waste of time, money, paper and ink. The invoice is in your account you want/need it.

cpams322

Banggood, Focalprice, DX and Fasttech have ALL used this "technique" on me more than once to try to get me to keep items which were shipped wrongly or not as described or defective. It's common practice. If you don't believe me, you can hop on over to the FastTech forums and try to search on this issue yourself. Although, their forum search function does suck. You are forewarned. lol

Ebay is a better because of the feedback sytem (I'm guessing). I have been offered as much as 30% refund to not go through with a return at their expense. It's still unacceptable in cases where the item is faulty or simply of no use to me (due to wrong item shipped).

I'm not trying to make Chinese retailers look bad. That's not my intention. They do a good job of it themselves without help LOL
I only am telling you my experiences in this thread. I still do buy quite a bit from Chinese retailers and will continue to do so. I know how to handle them when they don't want to provide proper service. Sure, they can shut down my account on their site if they want, that's OK, there's no shortage of other Chinese retailers selling the same exact stuff at similar prices. They are all mostly dropshipping themselves or not warehousing it and doing daily runs for their stock. That's what FT does and judging from what I see on ebay and other sites, I have a feeling most are doing just this. Must be nice to not hold much stock and still undercut everyone LOL. What a dream!

But anyway, this is really OT for the OP.

cpams322

I have never had the problem on ALiX either. But then, I haven't bought much from AliX and the little I have bought has been as described and functional. Also, AliX is a marketplace like Ebay and Amazon and Bonanza, with seller feeback. This may deter such practices found on retailer sites.

Last edited:

ideabook

First Chinese member here? OK here comes the "official" translation for the line:

English: "We are dropshipping! Please, don’t include any invoices or promo materials into the package."
Chinese: "此为代发货零售业务!请勿在包装内装入任何发票或促销材料等".

Complimentary from a mandarin translator. Glad to help (or maybe you had already sought assistance from Chinatown?).

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

First Chinese member here? OK here comes the "official" translation for the line:

English: "We are dropshipping! Please, don’t include any invoices or promo materials into the package."
Chinese: "此为代发货零售业务!请勿在包装内装入任何发票或促销材料等".

Complimentary from a mandarin translator. Glad to help (or maybe you had already sought assistance from Chinatown?).

I've just realised that this idea is a waste of time as ironically, Chinese characters are not accepted in the Notes section of the order on Aliexpress. Crazy, huh?

Reading the thread first is advisable ... :)