Transition to PHP 7.1. and Zend Guard support termination

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
PHP is going to stop supporting 5.6 version on the 31st of December, 2018.

Considering that, we decided to make a consistent transition of AliDropship plugin to PHP 7 and higher. According to our tests, PHP 7 productivity has been improved more than 2 times.

In connection with a transition to PHP 7 we will stop releasing and updating AliDropship plugin for Zend Guard Loader on the 13th of December, 2017, as this PHP extension is not going to support PHP 7.

There will be two versions of AliDropship plugin available: AliDropship IonCube version for PHP 5.6+ and AliDropship IonCube version for PHP 7.0 and PHP 7.1.

How to move from AliDropship Zend Guard version to AliDropship IonCube one.

There are two ways to enable ionCube on your Hosting:

1. Contact your Hosting support team and ask them to enable ionCube 10 on your account;
  2. Enable it by yourself using your cPanel.
Once you enable ionCube go to your WordPress admin area -> Plugins and delete AliDropship plugin for Zend Guard Loader.

Upload AliDropship plugin for ionCube and install it via Plugin section of your WordPress website.

It’s done!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yaros

Staff member
It would be appreciable if at that time you send us the video tutorial or any tutorial to complete this procedure @Victoria Kudryashova

1. Make sure you have ionCube 10 enabled on your account (if you are not sure, ask your hosting provider).
2. Go to your WordPress admin area -> Plugins and delete AliDropship plugin for Zend Guard Loader.
3. Upload AliDropship plugin for ionCube and install it via Plugin section of your WordPress website.

GaneaDaniel

Isn`t this AliDropship plugin for Zend Guard Loader the plugin that does not show up on the plugin page once you install it?
I am using the Woo one ... does this apply to Woo users as well?

wahmmo

How do I know which version I have (ion cube or zend guard loader?) as I purchased hosting add-on from you with my alidropship plugin and free installation was provided. What version do you install with the hosting service I purchased?

Direct Webstore

If I change to the IONcube version ... Is it OK to switch my PHP to version 7.1 now? Or do I leave it at 5.6 and change it to 7.1 in December?

Also ... my hosting company only has IonCube v4.75 installed. Not "10". Will that work?

Last edited:

Yaros

Staff member
If I change to the IONcube version ... Is it OK to switch my PHP to version 7.1 now? Or do I leave it at 5.6 and change it to 7.1 in December?

Also ... my hosting company only has IonCube v4.75 installed. Not "10". Will that work?
I recommend that you move to PHP 7 and ionCube v4.75. Later when your provider supports ionCube 10, you can transfer to PHP 7.1.

Direct Webstore

Later when your provider supports ionCube 10, you can transfer to PHP 7.1.

They can't ...because it's not fully compatible with the Cloud Linux OS they are using. (I just asked them)

So now I have a choice of either sticking with Zend version which will never be updated .... or moving all my sites to another host ... right?

Yaros

Staff member
They can't ...because it's not fully compatible with the Cloud Linux OS they are using. (I just asked them)

So now I have a choice of either sticking with Zend version which will never be updated .... or moving all my sites to another host ... right?
We will continue supporting PHP 7.0 after Dec 13, so you can use this version with ionCube. However if you are interested in PHP 7.1 then probably you need to find some other hosting solution.

Yaros

Staff member
Thanks .. will there be any announcement or anything? Or do I just change the PHP from 5.6 to 7 on December 13 ???
Yes, you just need to change PHP 5.6 to 7 or higher before 13 of December. Anyway if you don't do it, the plugin will be working, but you will not be able to update it, since we will stop releasing updates for Zend Guard.

Direct Webstore

you just need to change PHP 5.6 to 7 or higher before 13 of December.

This is what's confusing me. I asked if I could change now and you said change it in Dec. Now you're saying "before". I will change to the ionCube loader "today". Should I change the PHP to 7 today also? Or wait?