Supplier Remove Variations and still available in my website

Hi, I sold a swimsuit in my website size Medium.
When I went to make the order I realize that the supplier has removed all sizes except XXL.
Why the auto update for stock failed to remove those variations? OR better to reduce the stock to zero!?!

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi, I sold a swimsuit in my website size Medium.
When I went to make the order I realize that the supplier has removed all sizes except XXL.
Why the auto update for stock failed to remove those variations? OR better to reduce the stock to zero!?!
Hello, are you sure that your product was updated? we recommend to use manual update to be sure that everything is updated properly.

Yes the product was updated.
When I was imported the product it has had all variations Small, Medium....XXXL.

When I went to make the order I realized that the only available variation was XXXL.
The other variations was disappeared.
Them supplier Deleted them.

My suggestion is to insert another option on the Updates and instead to move product to draft, you can have an option with out of stock.
If a connection to a variation is not meet(because supplier delete it) then automatically reduce stock to ZERO.

I think that is the best solution. Add OUT OF STOCK option to Update.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Yes the product was updated.
When I was imported the product it has had all variations Small, Medium....XXXL.

When I went to make the order I realized that the only available variation was XXXL.
The other variations was disappeared.
Them supplier Deleted them.

My suggestion is to insert another option on the Updates and instead to move product to draft, you can have an option with out of stock.
If a connection to a variation is not meet(because supplier delete it) then automatically reduce stock to ZERO.

I think that is the best solution. Add OUT OF STOCK option to Update.
During manual update product is updated according to AliExpress and variations that are not available on AliExpress will not be available in your store. But product will not be removed to draft if one of the variations is still available. It will be available in your store.

I have 1200 products.
Do you believe that making manual update all those products every few days its user friendly?
Will this avoid out of stock orders from customers, until the next Manual update??
With all those suppliers maybe I need to manual update every few hours!!!
Do you think that this is a great solution??

In your plugin you promote Stock and price control. So where is the stock control here?
I don't think that is difficulty to ADD an Out of Stock OPTION if a product variation disappears OR it is out of stock for real.

If I had 10 products that will not be a problem.
BUT I have 1200 and plan to reach 4500 in the following months.

Hope you understand.
ADD Out of Stock OPTION please!

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I have 1200 products.
Do you believe that making manual update all those products every few days its user friendly?
Will this avoid out of stock orders from customers, until the next Manual update??
With all those suppliers maybe I need to manual update every few hours!!!
Do you think that this is a great solution??

In your plugin you promote Stock and price control. So where is the stock control here?
I don't think that is difficulty to ADD an Out of Stock OPTION if a product variation disappears OR it is out of stock for real.

If I had 10 products that will not be a problem.
BUT I have 1200 and plan to reach 4500 in the following months.

Hope you understand.
ADD Out of Stock OPTION please!
I will discuss it with developers.

mamas

Hello there
I have a similar problem with a lot of my products and i have 3000. So your solution you have suggested for the manual update is not possible.
Please see the problem we have more seriously and the suggestion that Mr Savvas provided sounds a great solution.
Add the out of stock option in the auto update.

Also another similar problem that i came through is the products with message "Sorry this item is no longer available" are still available in my website and available for selling.
Why those products are still available??? And why the auto-update is not reduce the stock to zero OR move the product to drafts?
From my experience when manipulate with a lot of products you need a solid software to make a flawless stock and price control.
Thank you in advance .

mastrotheoris

I completely agree with the above. I was surprised that the 'out of stock' function is not available. Updating everything manually takes too much time especially when we have so many listings. Even with 500 listings this is becoming a big problem.

My items remain showing that they are available, then the customer makes a purchase and then I find that the supplier has unlisted the item. This causes many problems. Firstly, if I am lucky and I will find another supplier, I still have to go through the process of finding the same item with similar shipping times, processing times and costs. What should take no more than 2 mins to place an order, sometimes can have us stressing and looking for other suppliers for many hours. Because an "out of stock" option does not exist a lot of times I have even made a loss on some sales because I could not find a similar product at the same price and the same shipping costs. For unique items this is extremely problematic because maybe I cannot find the product from another supplier.

We absolutely need an 'out of stock' option because it will be so much better if the auto updater automatically puts a product as out of stock, that way it will not be available for purchase if it is out of stock.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hello there
I have a similar problem with a lot of my products and i have 3000. So your solution you have suggested for the manual update is not possible.
Please see the problem we have more seriously and the suggestion that Mr Savvas provided sounds a great solution.
Add the out of stock option in the auto update.

Also another similar problem that i came through is the products with message "Sorry this item is no longer available" are still available in my website and available for selling.
Why those products are still available??? And why the auto-update is not reduce the stock to zero OR move the product to drafts?
From my experience when manipulate with a lot of products you need a solid software to make a flawless stock and price control.
Thank you in advance .
As I said AUTO-UPDATE doesn't work properly now! we recommend and we do this by ourselves with our stores to use manual update. It doesn't mean you need to update all products manually one by one - just click Update and process will start:

upload_2017-10-19_10-9-38.png

We are trying to find a solution to make auto-update work properly, but it is not as simple as it seems, because of AliExpress security policy.
If you want to leave out of stock products on a site you can choose Do Nothing option when a product's stock changed.
We will modify update section anyway, maybe we will add some new options.

Neophytos

Hi,
I have the same problem too. There are some variations or items that are not available anymore on aliexpress but on my website, they are in stock. I dont believe manual update is considered an option, this is not practical at all. That's why you need to add out of stock option in auto update. i already have too many cases with customers that bought items on my website that the variation was not available on aliexpress. Sending an item to draft with auto update is like not changing anything. Adding the out of stock option in the auto update feature will be great

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi,
I have the same problem too. There are some variations or items that are not available anymore on aliexpress but on my website, they are in stock. I dont believe manual update is considered an option, this is not practical at all. That's why you need to add out of stock option in auto update. i already have too many cases with customers that bought items on my website that the variation was not available on aliexpress. Sending an item to draft with auto update is like not changing anything. Adding the out of stock option in the auto update feature will be great
The point is if some of the variations are not available anymore , but some are still available - this product will not be removed to draft. It will be updated according to a current situation on AliExpress.

Correct me if I am wrong about this, but after an update, if a one or more variations are not available, but some are, doesn't it just gray them out and they are no longer able to be chosen for purchase?