Stripe refuses to support my business

ghorio

Hello fellow dropshippers.

Just to begin, I am very new in this dropshipping scene and also sorry if this has been asked before already.

So basically I came upon this post https://alidropship.com/register-dropshipping-business-us-get-credit-card-payments-stripe/ and was very interested in setting up credit card payments. I succesfully registered an LLC and Payoneer, but when trying to activate Stripe account, it got denied with below message from them -

"During a standard review of your account and business, we came to the realization that your likelihood for future chargebacks exceeds the rate we're able to support based on those regulations. I'm afraid we can't offer much in the way of specifics regarding our review process for the sake of security, but please rest assured that we did a thorough review of your business and tried our hardest to continue working with you. "

I tried to reply them explaining that my website was still not finished but I just wanted and no products are yet added to make sure Stripe will work fine before I launch my website, but the reply I got from them was -

"Unfortunately, we will only be able to accept payments for **my website here** for a bit longer. Stripe can only support users with a low risk of customer disputes. After reviewing your website and account information, we've found that your business presents a higher level of risk than we're able to work with."

I would like to ask for an advice what can I do in such case? Are there any other good card payment providers I could try?

Thank you in advance!

Yaros

Staff member
I recommend trying 2checkout, but before applying make sure your site is completed.

girlfromblacksea

You also can try to register another account on Stripe after you finish your website. And if you choose option that you keep stock of your products on your own they will accept application without restrictions.

You also can try to register another account on Stripe after you finish your website. And if you choose option that you keep stock of your products on your own they will accept application without restrictions.
Under a different name?

If you choose keeping your own stock, do they ask for the evidence like photos etc.?

Yeah, obviously dropshipping is a big red flag for them. I wonder whether there's other ways to get around it.

otk

Evidence is not a problem - You can ask any supplier on Ali make a photo with whatever You want.

Direct Webstore

sorry if this has been asked before already.
Yes it has, but that's OK. You're obviously totally unaware of the Search function at the top right. But now that I have pointed out it's location, you won't have to make any future apologies, right? lol ;)

You also can try to register another account on Stripe after you finish your website.
That's what I'd do

But I think Stripe is not telling the whole story. I successfully signed up with them with no products at all at the beginning. Maybe it's the general look of your site or the niche it is. e.g Clothing stores get a lot of refund claims because of the inconsistent sizing
used by Chinese sellers and electronics/gadgets get lots of refund claims because of terrible quality or simply not working.

And as for 2Checkout, they are even MORE strict than Stripe. (Use that Search above for all the horror stories)

Or the problem may be that you're using an LLC in the U.S and it looks dodgy as Hell. Many, many scammers set up LLCs and Stripe is well aware of this. I live in Australia, and like I said before, had no products all and successfully applied to Stripe using my Australian address and bank account.

Time to explore other gateways ... https://help.alidropship.com/payment-gateways/available-payment-gateways

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

I thought most of them are resellers/dropshippers themselves not holding stock as well correct me if I'm wrong.
I don't know about "most" but definitely many of them dropship their stuff from 1688.com. I'd say most of them just buy in bulk from Alibaba and/or 1688.com