Splitting products and Removing Variation Buttons

Sami

Hi all,

Scenario: I have a product with 2 variations
I would like to split the variations
So i have duplicated the product
Removed one variation from each link

Since i now only have one product on each link, i would like to remove the "colour button" as it is no longer required on a single product
I would also like to remove the "Ships from" button

The problem is when i do this i lose all inventory data

Question:
1- Have i followed the correct process to split the variables?
2- Is it possible to remove the colour AND ships from buttons and make sure the link will still work?
3- I have tried removing the variable options from products that are originally single option aswell- i encountered the same issue with inventory disaapearing. Am i doing something wrong?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi all,

Scenario: I have a product with 2 variations
I would like to split the variations
So i have duplicated the product
Removed one variation from each link

Since i now only have one product on each link, i would like to remove the "colour button" as it is no longer required on a single product
I would also like to remove the "Ships from" button

The problem is when i do this i lose all inventory data

Question:
1- Have i followed the correct process to split the variables?
2- Is it possible to remove the colour AND ships from buttons and make sure the link will still work?
3- I have tried removing the variable options from products that are originally single option aswell- i encountered the same issue with inventory disaapearing. Am i doing something wrong?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
I tried do the same with a product that has 2 attributes: color and size. So, I duplicated product and leave in each only one variation. I deleted colors that I don't need , leaving obly 1, but sizes I didn't touch. Inventory hasn't changed. It remained the same.
Perhaps you deleted more than needed if connection between attributes has been broken.

Myst7

Hi,

I have the same issue. When trying to remove "ships from", my inventory then become out of stock.

Any idea how to fix that?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi,

I have the same issue. When trying to remove "ships from", my inventory then become out of stock.

Any idea how to fix that?
If you deleted the whole Attribute - it will be out of stock. Because there was a connection between all attributes which you broke.
In this case you need to set the inventory and price manually and this product will not be updated, because plugin will not be able to sync it with AliExpress.