SMTP mailing service.

noodles

As I've posted in a new thread, Any changes to the Mailing Setting causes my server to crash.

Also I can send test emails, but once I added a sender name, it crashed again. This portion of the plugin does not work. I have written tech to request the exact database string so I can manually update the data table, but they have not been able to supply this.

Who else here is having similar issues?

Direct Webstore

As I've posted in a new thread, Any changes to the Mailing Setting causes my server to crash.
You should be writing to your host's support.

I have written tech to request the exact database string so I can manually update the data table, but they have not been able to supply this.
Download the database from PHPMyAdmin and do a search through it with a good text editor. But I doubt that will solve the problem.
Over the past two years I have not heard of anyone with the problem of their "server crashing" because of email settings in the ADS plugin. The problem is more than likely with your hosts server. Like I said above, write to them.

noodles

I am the server admin. The plugin simply does not update without issues. I know which table needs to be updated, but tech support would need to supply the exact string which would contain all the elements I've listed.

Direct Webstore

I am the server admin. The plugin simply does not update without issues.
Then because I've never heard of anyone else with this problem in the past two years and more, I'd bet money that the problem is with your server. Something is interfering with the database updating/saving correctly and it's not the Alidropship plugin. If it was, others would have had the problem either now or in the past. But no one else has.

You're not the first person here who self manages their own server to have problems that no one else is having. I can recall two others over the past couple of years.

Time to double-check everything on your end.

Last edited:

noodles

I have double checked all the requirements the plug needs and my server complies.

For the time being I have disabled 'Enable customer accounts and user registration ' so the store can safely function.

noodles

If anyone here could go into phpMyAdmin, and look at table:

TBk257s9L_options

Search for option_name ads_notifi_service

Its option_value is the string which holds all the email settings. My string is incomplete since I was never able to enter
SMTP Host; SMTP Port; username; password

If someone could please paste their string here (x out your vital info), I could put in my variables and update the database directly. You only need to click into the field to update/highlight it.

It will look like this with more fields filled in. I just need the format to update on my end.

s:51:"a:2:{s:7:"service";s:4:"Smtp";s:7:"options";a:0:{}}";

Much appreciated.

Mar

Its option_value is the string which holds all the email settings. My string is incomplete since I was never able to enter
SMTP Host; SMTP Port; username; password
My site SMTP configuration is below and it work perfectly:

SMTP Host: will be provided by the host provider
SMTP Port: 587 (confirm with your host provider)
Username: your webmail address
Password: your webmail password

I use WP Mail SMTP plugin with this congiguration. I wonder why this is so complicated in this thread.