Updating Mailing service settings Crashes my entire server!

noodles

I have a dedicated server hosting many sites. When I try to update the Mailing service settings and hit "Save Changes", the button keeps clocking and eventually my entire server locks up and I need to restart server.

I was able to change the Service from the default Pepipost to SMTP, but had the same issues many times - until it finally changed. I gave tech support admin rights to WordPress, but they couldn't figure it out, so I digged deeper.

I've researched the database and found the Table: TBk257s9L_options is what needs to be manually updated.

option_name : ads_notifi_service

value: s:51:"a:2:{s:7:"service";s:4:"Smtp";s:7:"options";a:0:{}}";

This value needs to be updated to include the missing fields I have listed below.

But tech could not supply the proper formatting. If their .php files weren't all encrypted I could find the SQL statement and obtain the correct format.

I still need to update for my store to work - and it's been several weeks of no solution from tech support:
SMTP Host; SMTP Port; user; pass

Tech really needs to have 24/7 Support!

Direct Webstore

Like I said in the other thread, "Over the past two years I have not heard of anyone with the problem of their "server crashing" because of email settings in the ADS plugin. The problem is more than likely with your server".

And only you know what the situation there is as I get the feeling that you are the one managing it, right?

Tech really needs to have 24/7 Support!
No need to shout.
gave tech support admin rights to WordPress, but they couldn't figure it out,
If they can't find a problem that's more than likely to do with your server, which you did not give them access to, what difference do their operating hours make?

I've found no need for 24/7 support in the past two years. Waiting 1-2 days is fine. It also helps keep their costs down so they can provide a lifetime licence for a low, lousy $89. I'd rather see the price of the plugins remain as low as they are. Most other plugins you pay for monthly or yearly and are limited to 6-12 months support. Then that's it, without coughing up MORE money.,

A lifetime licence and lifetime support (Mon - Fri) for a lousy one-time payment of $89? Great!
Rudely shouting for 24/7 support for that price is naive and unrealistic in my humble opinion.

It really does look like the problem is on your end. I'd recheck everything I was you.

Last edited: