Single Product Promo Page (BETA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar

Thanks!
What version of the theme do you have installed? Please note that the add-on works with the latest themes only (DaVinci 0.11.8, Michelangelo 0.11.8, Rembrandt 3.6.7.)
Ekaterina, I am using the parent theme of DaVinci 0.11.8 if it don't work in the child theme, the problem is the same.

Mar

Thanks!
What version of the theme do you have installed? Please note that the add-on works with the latest themes only (DaVinci 0.11.8, Michelangelo 0.11.8, Rembrandt 3.6.7.)
Ekaterina, this is how my admin page with the Single Product Promo page add on activated. Apparently there is a problem somewhere.

PSrkyA.png

Direct Webstore

I'm really sick of it.

1. I've updated all my child theme files. Same problem.
2. I tried the old child theme merge ... variations don't work ... like you said before.
3. Went back to the plugin and fixed the Product Details display problem with some CSS but still not happy.\

Bottom line ... sorry to say this ... but it just does not look good. Too much white space ... too scammy looking. This is the first time I've had negative feelings to any of the ALIDS plugins. I just don't like this one.

If a plugin does not work with my child theme ... then forget it. My child themes are what make my sites unique. I'm not going to sacrifice that uniqueness for any plugin. I will just look for alternative solutions.

I'm sick of it too. I think I will just promote a single product by simply using the URL to the normal product page. Looks more "honest".

OR ... I will explore some 3rd party landing page plugins that I can customise to the way I want them to look.

So ... at the moment ... I will give this plugin a miss ... unless changes are made. Like getting rid of all that terrible looking white space and the need to fill it in with background images. But that's just my opinion ... maybe others like it. :)

Last edited:

Mar

2. I tried the old child theme merge ... variations don't work ... like you said before.
3. Went back to the plugin and fixed the Product Details display problem with some CSS but still not happy.\

Bottom line ... sorry to say this ... but it just does not look good. Too much white space ... too scammy looking. This is the first time I've had negative feelings to any of the ALIDS plugins. I just don't like this one.

If a plugin does not work with my child theme ... then forget it. My child themes are what make my sites unique. I'm not going to sacrifice that uniqueness for any plugin. I will just look for alternative solutions.

I'm sick of it too. I think I will just promote a single product by simply using the URL to the normal product page. Looks more "honest".

OR ... I will explore some 3rd party landing page plugins that I can customise to the way I want them to look.

So ... at the moment ... I will give this plugin a miss ... unless changes are made. Like getting rid of all that terrible looking white space and the need to fill it in with background images. But that's just my opinion ... maybe others like it. :)
The other thing I am thinking but cannot say much since we are yet trying to make the addon work is the fact that normal page of the product is actually there with same price. This normal page should be hidden when it has a promo page. But again, it is another issue, the promo page is yet to work.

I agree. The look and setup of the site should not be sacrificed just to install a new plugin. That is what I always say to the developers of a plugin when they tell me to deactivate all the other plugins to know which has a conflict. I always tell them, you are asking too much, I will not sacrifice anything in my website. I know it is hard but it is their product that should not cause conflicts.

Direct Webstore

the fact that normal page of the product is actually there with same price.

I did not realise that. Another reason not to use it.

I think I will just keep things simple and just use the URL to a normal product page and add some extra stuff to the advert you use. Way less headache ... lol :)

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

The other thing I am thinking but cannot say much since we are yet trying to make the addon work is the fact that normal page of the product is actually there with same price. This normal page should be hidden when it has a promo page. But again, it is another issue, the promo page is yet to work.

I agree. The look and setup of the site should not be sacrificed just to install a new plugin. That is what I always say to the developers of a plugin when they tell me to deactivate all the other plugins to know which has a conflict. I always tell them, you are asking too much, I will not sacrifice anything in my website. I know it is hard but it is their product that should not cause conflicts.
I would appreciate if you could send me your WP credentials. It's hard to tell from the screenshot what's causing the issue.
Product availability with two links at the same time has been introduced on purpose: the /sale link can be used specifically for marketing needs. Anyway, thank you for your feedback.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Could you please tell me what exactly is scammy about the promo page? We appreciate your opinion and I guess it would be easier for us to improve the product if you give some examples.

Mar

I would appreciate if you could send me your WP credentials. It's hard to tell from the screenshot what's causing the issue.
Product availability with two links at the same time has been introduced on purpose: the /sale link can be used specifically for marketing needs. Anyway, thank you for your feedback.
I have sent you my admin access in PM. About the normal page of the product in promo, I understand the promo is based on the information of that product page, but I do think that there should be a way to hide it while the promo of that product is active, like keeping it in the draft folder temporarily.

SubVigil

I keep getting a 404 error.

I'm using the latest version of Rembrandt.

So basically the /sale/ page ain't popping up.

I tried deleting / reinstalling the plugin. Still no luck
I'm using the 7.1 Plugin

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

I keep getting a 404 error.

I'm using the latest version of Rembrandt.

So basically the /sale/ page ain't popping up.

I tried deleting / reinstalling the plugin. Still no luck
I'm using the 7.1 Plugin
Could you please be more specific? How exactly did you get this error? Did you use the promo page product link generated by the add-on?

Direct Webstore

Could you please tell me what exactly is scammy about the promo page? We appreciate your opinion and I guess it would be easier for us to improve the product if you give some examples.
It's just a vague feeling. It's too much like all the scammy get rich quick type pages with time limited "buy now" pressures. But then again...I've been exposed to those sort of sites/pages a lot over the years and that influences my opinion. Probably the "average shopper" out there wouldn't feel the same. It's just my opinion .. so don't worry about it. :)

ibrendan

Hi Ekaterina,

I'm very interested in trying out this plugin. Would you be willing to add me as a beta tester?

Best regards (and thanks for all your help thus far)!

Status
Not open for further replies.