Shoutout to INDIAN dropshippers

kingpin

Hello mates

There are so many of my personal Indian clients, friends and well wishers always show interest in doing Dropshipping business selling in India too but the biggest problem Dropshipping from aliexpress to india is the shipping time issue. Usually it takes 18 to 60 days to deliver an item and that's horrible as a result every indian dropshipper using aliexpress as a source forget Indian market and target western countries like USA with epacket shipping method.

Targeting USA is great but the market is very competitive now and running facebook ads is expensive and when you're a facebook ads beginner with a budget you'll lose or burn amounts before understanding how facebook ads will work for you in real.
This is one of the strongest reason why many people fails and never make positive ROI.

But there's a good News for you
now Indian dropshippers can sell in India and deliver products to customer in 3 to 7 days with Cash on Delivery shipping option available.

Selling online in india is great

1. Number of internet users: India has the world's second highest number of internet users, with 391 million users connected
2. India currently has in between 300-400 million smartphone users
3. JIO Telecom revolution: India has become top country in mobile data usage with Jio users consuming more than 1 Billion gigabytes (GB) of data per month
4. India claimed the first place with 270 million users, ahead of second-ranked United States with 210 million Facebook users.
5. Facebook ads are cheap in India.
6. A recent study has revealed that over 120 million Indian consumers are expected to shop online in 2018.

And there are many more reasons why indian dropshippers should sell in India too.
COD is key to success in Ecommerce in India as Indian e-commerce remains heavily dependent on the cash-on-delivery mode of payment — more than 50 percent of transactions

What is average CPC for Facebook ads in India?

Facebook ads CPC is completely depends on the quality of your ad, Your CPC can be low if your ad is very engaging and having high relevancy score.
There are a number of factors involved in deciding the Facebook advertising costs such as the industry, audience, type of advertisements etc. But here are some average costs (Based on the research done by various sources)you’ll incur running Facebook advertising in India,
  • You can start advertising on Facebook with a minimum budget of Rs. 40 ($0.55) per day.
  • Average CPC for link clicks – $0.0070 – $0.031
  • Average Cost per 1000 impressions – Rs. 9.3 or $0.13
  • Average Cost per Action (CPA) – Rs. 2.85 or $0.039
  • Average Cost per LIKE – Re. 0.72 or $0.0098
  • Average Cost per Engagement – Re. 0.18 or $0.0025
  • Average Cost per Video View –rs. 0.27
  • Average Cost per mobile app install – Rs.13 or $0.18
  • Average Cost per Conversion – Rs.36.42 or $0.50
Enough of talks now
Here is the thing now I'm in talks with some indian b2b e-commerce companies, that support Dropshipping business to provide their private api access. Once the deal is closed, you'll be able to start importing from millions of high quality Dropshipping products to your existing or new store.

3 biggest Benefits you'll get
1. Free cash on delivery on all orders
2. On shipping bills and invoices your brand name will be mentioned and no branding of the actual source be mentioned.
3. No question asked easy 100% refunds

You can use the platform right away now also but you'll not get any automation.

To know more about it just comment below or PM me.

PS: These platforms are currently limited to Indian market only.

regards!

Direct Webstore

What about the Indian postal system? Is there a lot of corruption and thefts of parcels like there are in the Phillipines, Thailand etc?

kingpin

What about the Indian postal system? Is there a lot of corruption and thefts of parcels like there are in the Phillipines, Thailand etc?
Fraud happens everywhere in everh country. And Indian postal system is the world's biggest postal network. They deliver things.

But here the parcel be sent using private courier companies like DHL, FEDEX, etc

These companies are very professional and do the work on time.

And there's 100% no questions asked hassle free refunds available also in case something doesn't work.

Direct Webstore

Fraud happens everywhere in everh country.
Yes ...but to differing degrees. For example, in Australia it's extremely rare, but in Thailand it's quite common. I'm guessing it's probably the same in India. Just curious as a customer base of 270 million is not to be ignored. So I guess the usual Aliexpress free shipping would be out of the question. But I think I'll put it on the back burner for a while and keep concentrating on the 300 million in the US and the 390 million in Western Europe. Thanks for the info. :)

kingpin

Yes ...but to differing degrees. For example, in Australia it's extremely rare, but in Thailand it's quite common. I'm guessing it's probably the same in India. Just curious as a customer base of 270 million is not to be ignored. So I guess the usual Aliexpress free shipping would be out of the question. But I think I'll put it on the back burner for a while and keep concentrating on the 300 million in the US and the 390 million in Western Europe. Thanks for the info. :)

Indian e-commerce space is growing very fast now. Yes in these countries fraud cases are more in comparison to US, Australia, Canada. The main reason is lack of proper cyber laws and government owned processes.
But now things are changing government is working and lot or laws are getting made.

Let me tell you one type of fraud that i personally saw in India
Some shopkeepers were ordering original Nike shoes from amazon and when item arrives they take out the original one and put fake Nike lookalike shoes and open a dispute and ask for refunds.

One of my friends is running a successful shipping courier company and many times the courier boys take out stuffs from the original package and but brick or anything inside. There are so many videos on YouTube where people showing how they ordered iPhone and got two pieces of small bricks inside the packages. In the end its the e-commerce company that bears the losses here not the customer. So now amazon and such big e-commerce companies got their own in-house shipping companies to overcome frauds.

Countries like Mexico, Italy, indonasia, Algeria and some more are more into stolen credit card orders.

My b2b e-commerce site customers are mainly from Australia and they're nice people and become loyal fast and repeat orders always. Doing business with Australian customers is better than US (my personal experience)

My first ecom customer was from Australia and its been two years now and she is still loyal and repeat orders in bulk.

I'm doing lot of experiments in Indian market right now and learning that my 90% of orders are CASH ON DELIVERY.
So all i know is now that Cash on Delivery is what is making it easier to grab customers here.

This year in March Walmart acquired an Indian e-commerce company named flipkart for $16 billion and its said to be the world biggest e-commerce company acquisition.

So I guess the usual Aliexpress free shipping would be out of the question.

China ordinary post and all such shipping methods are never recommended. Aliexpress standard shipping delivers in 10 to 18 days sometime in 25 days and which is still so much waiting. A product needs to be something so cool to make people wait.

Direct Webstore

Yes in these countries fraud cases are more in comparison to US, Australia, Canada. The main reason is lack of proper cyber laws and government owned processes.
I would have thought the main reason was poverty. But my question was more about postal workers stuffing packages into their bags and taking them home. Not cyber crime and copyright theft etc.

I was mainly concerned about my customers being able to get their orders without sticky fingered postal workers grabbing them. Pretty common in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, the Philippines etc, basically anywhere with a high population and many poor people. I lived in 3 of those countries and experienced it first hand.

Last edited:

kingpin

I would have thought the main reason was poverty.

Ofcouse poverty is there. But now things are improving.

Indian economy is growing fast. Its one of the fastest growing economy in the World. The present government is doing good.
India is now sixth largest economy in the World and its about to surpass UK in couple of months to become 5th largest economy.

Direct Webstore

Yes ... but the question of whether there is a high degree of theft by postal workers remains unanswered. I guess I'll just have to presume that there is ... which is why you mentioned using private carriers, I guess.

kingpin

Yes ... but the question of whether there is a high degree of theft by postal workers remains unanswered. I guess I'll just have to presume that there is ... which is why you mentioned using private carriers, I guess.

It depends! The government owned postal services are good but they're not that professional and reliable in many ways. Thats why so many private courier shipping companies are there now providing better services.

kingpin

@kingpin - Can you please tell what is applicable GST in case of dropshipping from India ?

GST is only applicable when you're dropshipping or doing any business inside india that goes above 20 lac rupees INR in common. But if you're doing cross state shipping or transaction you're still need GST registration for tax invoices.

When you're importing products from china and selling it to US or any country except india still you'll need to produce GST invoice @0% just to keep a healthy reporting for future.

When you're starting you don't need to worry about it. Just focus on getting sales and once you start getting good consistent business register a sole proprietorship firm on your name if you're a sole individual doing this business.

If your yearly turnover is below 20 lac rupees you dont need to worry about GST however obtaining gst id is a good thing to receive input tax credits from PayPal and facebook also.

You should always consult your chartered accountant for complete financial tax related questions

neeraj89

GST is only applicable when you're dropshipping or doing any business inside india that goes above 20 lac rupees INR in common. But if you're doing cross state shipping or transaction you're still need GST registration for tax invoices.

When you're importing products from china and selling it to US or any country except india still you'll need to produce GST invoice @0% just to keep a healthy reporting for future.

When you're starting you don't need to worry about it. Just focus on getting sales and once you start getting good consistent business register a sole proprietorship firm on your name if you're a sole individual doing this business.

If your yearly turnover is below 20 lac rupees you dont need to worry about GST however obtaining gst id is a good thing to receive input tax credits from PayPal and facebook also.

You should always consult your chartered accountant for complete financial tax related questions
@kingpin bro. are you too paying 6% equalization levy tax on fb spend?