Shipment Notifications

ofuroinu

I am not sure how, but the complete order notification will be sent when you manually change the status to complete. So you might be able to change the Complete order to Shipped but it will be sent out only when you change the status to Complete.

View attachment 8815

dear you will change the complete status once the shipment notification been sent am I right? Or wait till customer get the goods

Mar

It's funny. We've been talking too much about Shipped Order notification, that there is no such a template, blah, blah , blah. Then I just saw it just now. I never saw it before that is why I said there is not. Could be in the latest Woocommerce update.

1556097091482.png

ofuroinu

It's funny. We've been talking too much about Shipped Order notification, that there is no such a template, blah, blah , blah. Then I just saw it just now. I never saw it before that is why I said there is not. Could be in the latest Woocommerce update.

View attachment 8816

Shipped Order exist only if you use woo aliplugin . :) Because my new store is one item store, so I did not invest in ali plugin that is why I was lacking this shipping order email.

Mar

dear you will change the complete status once the shipment notification been sent am I right? Or wait till customer get the goods
When I see the tracking information that the order was successfully delivered, then I wait several days or wait till the dispute period is over, that is the time I change the status to Completed. There is no rush for it. What's important is the buyer receive the order, the Order Completed notification is just to inform the buyer that the order is completed in the system, meaning filing a dispute is not possible anymore.

Last edited:

Mar

Shipped Order exist only if you use woo aliplugin . :) Because my new store is one item store, so I did not invest in ali plugin that is why I was lacking this shipping order email.
Yes that's right. I deactivated the Alidropship woo plugin and the Shipped Order email template was gone. It could be with the latest Alidropship woo plugin update.

ofuroinu

Its really pity without aliwoo we don't have that. Woocommerce is a giant shark in ecomm, don't know why they did not include . Anyway is free so we cant expect something like shopify ;)

Mar

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on that. I've been using it as an "Order Shipped" email for a long time. As far as woocommerce is concerned, once a product has been shipped, the ordering process is finished ... or "Complete". Nothing more to do. That's why they named it that way.

Although it's not the end for me as I use the Follow up emails plugin.

Good. My curiosity is killing me ;)
I just received an email from AliExpress, the seller has shipped my order. Checking the mail logs, surely the Shipped notification email was sent automatically.

1556249362877.png

Mar

Yes this is manually we need to click the sync button. example during travelling time we need to logon and check to sync.
I thought they invented auto sync in background with aliexpress
No it's not. It is like a member asking what if his site receive an order during the time he is sleeping. He was thinking that the plugin will take care of placing the order to AliExpress and everything. There is a lot of automation in the plugin, but it need human intervention also.

Direct Webstore

View attachment 8816

Now I just saw this! I never noticed that before either. Yeah, it's put there by the AliWoo plugin. So confusing. Gotta sort this out! lol :)

Direct Webstore

Here's some info about the Shipped email ... the AliWoo one.

https://help.alidropship.com/woocommerce-instructions/tracking-services-in-alidropship-woo-plugin

Anyway, I've just sent an email to support to get this sorted out once and for all. I'm not sure if the AliWoo Shipped Email overrides the Completed Order email ... or if they both get sent. I think they both get sent. My stores have been shut down for 2 months now (rebuilding) and I can't remember.

I will post their reply here.

;)

Last edited: