Shipment Notifications

ofuroinu

I have noticed default WOO does not have order have been shipping with tracking for customers.
This is unbelievable. Why they did not include this ?
How can I add because it is very important to inform customers.

Attachments

• ww.jpg
    ww.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 24

Direct Webstore

This is unbelievable. Why they did not include this ?
It is included. The "Shipped" email is actually the "Completed Order" email. This is the email you send after the Aliexpress seller has shipped the product. You can edit the Email Subject line to "Order Shipped" or whatever easily enough. And the Alidropship Woo plugin takes care of the tracking code as described in the docs.

And here is the starter page for all things "Woo" with extra links to further info ... https://help.alidropship.com/woocommerce-instructions/alidropship-woo-guide-for-woo-version-only

;)

ofuroinu

It is included. The "Shipped" email is actually the "Completed Order" email. This is the email you send after the Aliexpress seller has shipped the product. You can edit the Email Subject line to "Order Shipped" or whatever easily enough. And the Alidropship Woo plugin takes care of the tracking code as described in the docs.

And here is the starter page for all things "Woo" with extra links to further info ... https://help.alidropship.com/woocommerce-instructions/alidropship-woo-guide-for-woo-version-only

;)

Actually this is my new store just a one product store so I am not using woo ali plugin. But I am stuck with shipping notification because woo does not have that except the complete order notification . I do not know how to add or include the tracking id since I am not good in editing woo emails. I also prefer when notifications are sent to customer all should cc me a copy so I know the system works.

Direct Webstore

But I am stuck with shipping notification because woo does not have that except the complete order notification .

Like I said above, the "Completed Order" email IS the "Order Shipped" email. It just has a different (and apparently confusing) title.

As far as Woocommerce is concerned, when the order is "Shipped", that's it. The process is finished, or "Completed". It even says so at the top of the pic below i.e "Order complete emails are sent to customers when their orders are marked completed and usually indicate that their orders have been shipped."

I can understand the confusion because in my mind and probably yours, the order is "Complete" when the customer actually receives the order. But Woo thinks differently. They think once the order has been shipped, the order is complete.

If you look on the right side of the "Completed Order" in the email list you will see a button labeled "Manage". Click that and you will see this ...

co.jpg

You can see how I have edited the Subject and Email Heading to say the order has been shipped instead of completed.

However, back in the list of emails, it's still called "Completed Order". That doesn't matter. Only you see that as Admin.

. I do not know how to add or include the tracking id
If you're not using the Alidropship plugin, you just copy the tracking number from the order's page at Aliexpress, then paste it into the email before manually sending it.

;)

Last edited:

Mar

Actually this is my new store just a one product store so I am not using woo ali plugin. But I am stuck with shipping notification because woo does not have that except the complete order notification . I do not know how to add or include the tracking id since I am not good in editing woo emails. I also prefer when notifications are sent to customer all should cc me a copy so I know the system works.
It is not in woocommerce email templates but there is a shipped notification email sent automatically when an order was shipped. You will know when you see it in the Order notes. When you change the status to Completed, another Order Completed email is automatically sent. Woocommerce don't have the option to copy you the notification emails. You need to install WP Mail Log plugin. This plugin will log all emails sent out from your site. I just received an order. I am not in copy but I saw the notification email in the email log.

1556022575501.png

1556023161350.png

1556023284302.png

1556023635633.png

Direct Webstore

It is not in woocommerce email templates but there is a shipped notification email sent automatically when an order was shipped.
How does Woo know when the Aliexpress seller ships the order in order to send it automatically in the background?

Don't you mean when the order has been ordered? (Not shipped) as in the screenshot of the email above?
That is, that's an Order Confirmation not a Shipped Confirmation.

Or am I misunderstanding you?

Mar

How does Woo know when the Aliexpress seller ships the order in order to send it automatically in the background?
Woocommerce know when the seller shipped the order. I don't know how but it is in the system. It is not like manually changing the status to processing or completed that trigger notification email sent by woocommerce. There is no Shipped in the status, but there is a shipped notification. It could be that the Shipped status is deliberately not included to make sure it is not set by users and a false notification is sent, just my thinking. I just don't have the screenshot because it was included in the auto clean up of the plugin.
Don't you mean when the order has been ordered? (Not shipped) as in the screenshot of the email above?
The Thank you for your order screenshot is of an order received just now. It is just to emphasize that I can see the notification sent even if I am not in copy.

1556026193551.png

ofuroinu

This screen is from my wooali store. I have to manually sync the tracking from ali instead of auto sync in background . After sync I am seeing on the side same as Mars screen shot shipment notification been sent to buyer. Once it is synced still showing order in processing in green color. That means too much manual work in aliwoo. In shopify from tracking auto sync to order complete everything is done in background without man power. I will try to install the log plugin. But I remember my Original aliplugin can bcc a copy to my email that notification been sent to customers.
Untitled.png

Regarding my new store is without wooali plugin, so I have to change the complete order to order been shipped + add tracking script if possible instead of manually. But how to do that ..

For emails I am using this plugin: Kadence WooCommerce Email Designer it helps me to design the email templates with mockups, but not include order been shipped mockup , that is why I wanted to find out how and a better way for shipment notifications which look neat and pro.

Mar

I wanted to find out how and a better way for shipment notifications which look neat and pro.
Since there is no Shipped email template, there is no way to customize it. If it is really important to you, I'm afraid you need to get in touch with Woocommerce developers.

Direct Webstore

Since there is no Shipped email template, there is no way to customize it
But there is. The "Completed Order" is the same as a "Shipped" email.

It says this in the "Manage" section of the "Completed Order" email. It's just a different name ... but the same thing.
Order complete emails are sent to customers when their orders are marked completed and usually indicate that their orders have been shipped."

That's why I edited the Subject and Email Header of it to "Order Shipped" like I said above.

ofuroinu

Since there is no Shipped email template, there is no way to customize it. If it is really important to you, I'm afraid you need to get in touch with Woocommerce developers.

So what I will do is change the Mockup mail of complete order to shipped order . But how do I add a script to email template for retrieving the tracking so that each complete order email will include tracking itself

Mar

But there is. The "Completed Order" is the same as a "Shipped" email.
As I explained earlier, Completed Order is different from Shipped. I have been trying to find a screenshot but can't, but I saw it many times. I will post a screenshot of it when I have an order shipped soon.

Direct Webstore

As I explained earlier, Completed Order is different from Shipped.
I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on that. I've been using it as an "Order Shipped" email for a long time. As far as woocommerce is concerned, once a product has been shipped, the ordering process is finished ... or "Complete". Nothing more to do. That's why they named it that way.

Although it's not the end for me as I use the Follow up emails plugin.

I will post a screenshot of it when I have an order shipped soon.
Good. My curiosity is killing me ;)

Mar

So what I will do is change the Mockup mail of complete order to shipped order . But how do I add a script to email template for retrieving the tracking so that each complete order email will include tracking itself
I am not sure how, but the complete order notification will be sent when you manually change the status to complete. So you might be able to change the Complete order to Shipped but it will be sent out only when you change the status to Complete.

1556094815562.png

Direct Webstore

Actually. You're right. My bad. I've been doing this all along ...
So you might be able to change the Complete order to Shipped but it will be sent out only when you change the status to Complete.

I don't know how I missed that automatic shipped email. Probably because I don't receive them ... lol ;)

Thanks for the heads up.

Now I have a couple of little changes to make.

ofuroinu

Problem is I don't understand the codes to customize with tracking. When you mean copy to your theme where in my theme I need to copy to..

Mar

As far as woocommerce is concerned, once a product has been shipped, the ordering process is finished ... or "Complete".
In AliExpress order page, the order is automatically marked finished when the dispute period is over and no dispute was filed. But in Woocommerce order page, you have to manually set the status to Completed, and click update. That is when an order is marked Completed and a Completed notification email is sent by the system.

Direct Webstore

When you mean copy to your theme where in my theme I need to copy to..
It creates a folder called Woocommerce in your theme folder automatically and sends a copy of the email template there. But if you can't edit HTML, forget about it. Just use an Email customiser.

As for the tracking. I can't say. I've never customised the transactional emails. Only the Subject and Header. I've only customised other emails in the Email Follow Ups plugin.

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

But in Woocommerce order page, you have to manually set the status to Completed, and click update. That is when an order is marked Completed and a Completed notification email is sent by the system.
Right. I don't really like that. I've been sending that email when the order has been shipped. It's strange for the customer to get that email a month or more later. I have to look into this and make some changes. I may edit that email to replace one of the follow up emails I send 8 weeks later.

ofuroinu

In AliExpress order page, the order is automatically marked finished when the dispute period is over and no dispute was filed. But in Woocommerce order page, you have to manually set the status to Completed, and click update. That is when an order is marked Completed and a Completed notification email is sent by the system.

Still got a lot to learn from Woo but with your guys help and hints things because easier for newbies like me.