Rubens Theme - Product Categories Question

daniel-97

Hello everyone, I'm creating my shop with Rubens theme and come across some problems like below, hope you can help me find solutions:

1. I'm creating categories and let's say for "Fashion", I created 3 categories as "Men", "Women" and "Children". I put products in "Women" and "Men" categories, they appeared on the main category which is very annoying. I want that when I move my mouse to check what's in "Fashion", I expect to see only Categories in it. How can I control the place where my product appears?
Picture 1

2. I really want when I click on the "Fashion", the new page appears and show catalogs of categories before showing products in it. Not as in reality, when I click on "Fashion", every product on those sub-categories all appear (this looks very messy). Can I do that?

3. The sub-categories appear on the main menu are very messy, I want to make them in order (for example: the "Bedroom" has 5 sub categories and they're separated into 2 columns like in the picture I upload) Can I do anything to arrange them to make my site look more clean?
Picture 2

4. How to manage the number of parent categories on the main menu, because if im adding 5 categories, the 5th one always go to "More", but the space up there is still very wide and spaceful
Picture 3
Hope you can help me with this problem, thanks!

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Hello everyone, I'm creating my shop with Rubens theme and come across some problems like below, hope you can help me find solutions:

1. I'm creating categories and let's say for "Fashion", I created 3 categories as "Men", "Women" and "Children". I put products in "Women" and "Men" categories, they appeared on the main category which is very annoying. I want that when I move my mouse to check what's in "Fashion", I expect to see only Categories in it. How can I control the place where my product appears?
Picture 1

2. I really want when I click on the "Fashion", the new page appears and show catalogs of categories before showing products in it. Not as in reality, when I click on "Fashion", every product on those sub-categories all appear (this looks very messy). Can I do that?

3. The sub-categories appear on the main menu are very messy, I want to make them in order (for example: the "Bedroom" has 5 sub categories and they're separated into 2 columns like in the picture I upload) Can I do anything to arrange them to make my site look more clean?
Picture 2

4. How to manage the number of parent categories on the main menu, because if im adding 5 categories, the 5th one always go to "More", but the space up there is still very wide and spaceful
Picture 3
Hope you can help me with this problem, thanks!
Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your questions!
To hide most popular products in your Main menu, please add this piece of code to your Customization => Head => CSS styles:

.mainmenu .product-item {
display: none;
}

I'm afraid this theme has a different layout and functionality. If there are lots of elements you'd like to change, you might want to check other AliDropship themes. Hopefully, they'll meet your design and business needs.

daniel-97

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your questions!
To hide most popular products in your Main menu, please add this piece of code to your Customization => Head => CSS styles:

.mainmenu .product-item {
display: none;
}

I'm afraid this theme has a different layout and functionality. If there are lots of elements you'd like to change, you might want to check other AliDropship themes. Hopefully, they'll meet your design and business needs.
Thank you, I really like Rubens theme so guess I’ll have to live with that haha :D