Reviews import not working properly

momossa

Does anyone find issues with product reviews import? I am facing the following issues:
1) Not all reviews are imported even though the criteria (no of stars, language, country, etc ...) are all set to maximum flexibility. So if the product on AliExpress has 3000 reviews, with at least 700+ 4start and 5-star reviews, the tool reports only a value less than 100.
2) Import takes a considerable long time
3) After importing the reviews, I cannot find all of them in my shop !!! I find only a subset
4) Reviews are imported in ascending order, which is not good. People want to see recent sales first not reviews from last year
5) There is no way to import reviews manually from a file

Yaros

Staff member
Does anyone find issues with product reviews import? I am facing the following issues:
1) Not all reviews are imported even though the criteria (no of stars, language, country, etc ...) are all set to maximum flexibility. So if the product on AliExpress has 3000 reviews, with at least 700+ 4start and 5-star reviews, the tool reports only a value less than 100.
2) Import takes a considerable long time
3) After importing the reviews, I cannot find all of them in my shop !!! I find only a subset
4) Reviews are imported in ascending order, which is not good. People want to see recent sales first not reviews from last year
5) There is no way to import reviews manually from a file
1. The plugin imports reviews with a content only. If there is no any message on a review, it does not take it. There are plenty of reviews on AliExpress without any content. I do not see any point to add them. It will look ugly on your store.
2. Yes, it takes time, otherwise AliExpress will block your IP and you will not be able to import anything.
3. PM your WP admin access and the link to the product, I will check.
4. The date is taken from AliExpress.
5. Please explain in further, how it should work?

momossa

1. The plugin imports reviews with a content only. If there is no any message on a review, it does not take it. There are plenty of reviews on AliExpress without any content. I do not see any point to add them. It will look ugly on your store.

Re: I am also talking about reviews with content. On AliExpress , the reviews are many but the plugin cannot import them.

2. Yes, it takes time, otherwise AliExpress will block your IP and you will not be able to import anything.
Re: Noted

3. PM your WP admin access and the link to the product, I will check.
Re: I will PM you

4. The date is taken from AliExpress.
Re: Why don't you display them in descending order after ordering them with the date coming from AliExpress.

5. Please explain in further, how it should work?
Re: There are some plugins that allow exporting AliExpress reviews into cvs file. We can then filter meaningful reviews and import them back to our store.

Yaros

Staff member
Re: There are some plugins that allow exporting AliExpress reviews into cvs file. We can then filter meaningful reviews and import them back to our store.
could you send me the links to such plugins?

daniel-97

@Yaros Hi, Im having a problem with review imports too.
I imported reviews for some products but after finish, nothing showed on the Published product (https://prnt.sc/qz29k9). It appeared inside the edit product, but not out side (https://prnt.sc/qz29wb).
I tried to delete all of them and reimported, but still not showing.

Note: This has happened to 3 of my products. Everything else is working fine. Hope you can help me with this.