Raphael theme - How to enable rich drop down menu?

debsali

Hello, I am working on transitioning my site from the Dali theme to the Raphael theme, but can't find where the options are to create a rich sub-menu from the main navigation. How do I go about building that?

Second question, how can I center the main nav (and utility nav)?

1559167749299.png

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Hello, I am working on transitioning my site from the Dali theme to the Raphael theme, but can't find where the options are to create a rich sub-menu from the main navigation. How do I go about building that?

Second question, how can I center the main nav (and utility nav)?

View attachment 9228
Hello,

You can manage your menus in WP => Appearance => Menus. Add your product categories and check Category menu in Display location. You can learn more in this guide. These are the only category-related settings.

debsali

Thank you! That guide is helpful. Two things I'd like to adjust, but that aren't mentioned in the guide:

1. how can I center or justify the menu items like in the theme demo? The menu items spread out across the full margins of the site instead of being left-justified. I want to do the same.

2. How can I edit the 'Subscribe to our Newsletter" block that's by default on the homepage? It's not in the general customization settings.

Thanks!

Mar

how can I center or justify the menu items like in the theme demo? The menu items spread out across the full margins of the site instead of being left-justified. I want to do the same.
Not everything is in the guide. You need to add CSS codes to get what you want.

debsali

Hello,

You can manage your menus in WP => Appearance => Menus. Add your product categories and check Category menu in Display location. You can learn more in this guide. These are the only category-related settings.

Thanks! Any insights into how to edit/remove the 'Subscribe to our Newsletter' block that's on the homepage by default?

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Hello,

You can learn how to manage your subscription form in the Raphael theme here.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Hello,

Please add these pieces of code to Customization => Head:

For Top Menu:
.desktop-top-panel .top-right, .desktop-top-panel>div {
justify-content: center;
}

For the Main menu bar:
.categories-menu-line{
display: flex;
}

For the drop-down menu:
.box-menu .menu>ul>li {
text-align: center;
}

debsali

Hello,

Please add these pieces of code to Customization => Head:

For Top Menu:
.desktop-top-panel .top-right, .desktop-top-panel>div {
}

For the Main menu bar:
.categories-menu-line{
display: flex;
}

For the drop-down menu:
.box-menu .menu>ul>li {
text-align: center;
}
I added that to the CSS part of Customization >> Head and nothing changed. Any other ideas?

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

I added that to the CSS part of Customization >> Head and nothing changed. Any other ideas?
Hello,

Please feel free to send me a pm with your WP access details, I'll give it a check.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Did anyone find a solution for it ?
Hello Zbigniew,

The code snippets work fine. You should just add the phrases 'For Top Menu:', 'For the Main menu bar:' and 'For the drop-down menu:' to Customization => Head. That's why I used italics for them.

lukasjob

I want to add a mega menu to my home page.
I'm using the Raphael theme.
Do you have any css I could add to Custmization > Head ?