product deleted but images stay in media gallery

orimond

Hi everyone,

can check with you, if I remove a product, can I also remove all the images in the
media gallery? any method to do so?

I realised when I deleted a product, the images are not deleted, and
I have to delete if off manually.

Appreciate some feedback.

Thanks

Direct Webstore

FIRST make sure you have emptied the trash in products ... THEN go to Media, select "Unattached" from the dropdown, then click "filter". All the images displayed will not be attached to any products or blogs ... BUT BE CAREFUL!!! Site images such as your logo will be in the list of "Unattached" images.

If you have deleted several products there will be SEVERAL PAGES of unattached images.

mduncanvm

I agree that an automatic removal upon product removal would be VERY helpful. Maybe the plugin can be updated to do that.

Direct Webstore

I know things go to "unattached". But it would be helpful to at least move things to "trash".
That makes no sense. Things do go to the trash. And image "attachment" only applies to published products and posts and unpublished products and posts in the trash. Not to other images like logos, banners etc. If "attachment" didn't apply to items in the trash, and you deleted them in Media, then tried to restore them, they would be rstored without images. That would destroy the whole point of the "trash/restore" system.
I really don't see what the problem is. It's not like people are deleting products and posts everyday and it's a simple enough process that only takes a few minutes to just empty the trash, go to Media, filter by "unattached" and delete, avoiding the few non product/post images ... on the rare occasions that you have to.