Prices all getting set to $0 on manual update

Adam

If your session has logged out at AliExpress and you don't realise it before running a manual update of prices, every product that is processed has it's price set to $0.

If you are not watching, this means you have an entire store that is free!

Would be better to skip the update if the returned price is 0 or null so as to avoid this situation.

If your session has logged out at AliExpress and you don't realise it before running a manual update of prices, every product that is processed has it's price set to $0.

If you are not watching, this means you have an entire store that is free!

Would be better to skip the update if the returned price is 0 or null so as to avoid this situation.
I

Adam

For me, I had to re-login to AliExpress in a separate tab, then run the manual update again and things seemed to be back up and running. I have turned off the automatic update for now just in case this happens while I am asleep.

For me, I had to re-login to AliExpress in a separate tab, then run the manual update again and things seemed to be back up and running. I have turned off the automatic update for now just in case this happens while I am asleep.

Awesome i'll give that a go! thanks for your help :)

Adam

Problem returned for me again tonight, this time with everything logged in as it should be. I do think it may have been interrupted half way, are prices set to $0 before being updated with the new price perhaps and so if that update doesn't happen it is left at $0? Still an issue there somewhere.

Yaros

Staff member
There's a new update for the plug in so I think it's fixed!!! Well I updated all my product prices and it worked perfectly YAY :) No more $0.00 after updating the plug in ofcourse
It was a bug with extension caused by recent changes on AliExpress.

Andre'

It was a bug with extension caused by recent changes on AliExpress.

Then I'm curious to know why your competitors didn't have this problem. The AliDropship update history indicates ver. 0.9.4 - 21.02.2017 came out right when this problem seems to have begun [the feature wasn't tested properly], and there weren't any recent API changes on AliExpress. Thus it's far more likely the bug was caused by your software, rather than the claimed [and seemingly non-existant] changes on AliExpress.

If it's caused by AliExpress then surely Oberlo, Importify, etc. would have done the same thing. Also if it's caused by AliExpress then all prices would have updated to zero regardless of update method; in this case, it was only happening when products were auto-updated. Manual updates and initial product listings had the correct price on AliDropship, but not auto-updated prices, while your competitors continued to have the correct price the entire time.

To say I'm disappointed with your software, and would [at this time] never recommend it be used for a professional business, would be an understatement. You have customers paying to beta test your software as there's simply too many bugs, many of which could destroy a business. WorldofHarry gets mentioned a lot and if a site like that had all their prices update to free it would seriously hurt their business. The reality is customers are either A) Not that bright and will truly expect the product for free, as you're advertising it. B) They're going to claim stupidity and then complain how they didn't get what they ordered or C) They might even resell product, and if you frequent any "flipper" forum a site with free, or mispriced, product will quickly become a target. Your site will be posted to user groups where the sole purpose is to try and take advantage of pricing errors. Why do they do that? Sometimes companies will send the mispriced product, as it's better than the backlash they'll receive by canceling the orders.

But yes, I would like to know why your competitors didn't have this problem. If you're going to try and pass the blame to AliExpress, then you really should provide some evidence especially when no competitors had this problem. If it was a wide issue where everyone experienced this then you could pin it down to AliExpress changes, but that wasn't the case. Also, what sort of system is in place to ensure this never happens again? Have you added code that will check the updated prices and discard the update if the new prices are either free or outside a specified range of change, before notifying the site owner of an auto-update error?

I do wish you and your business the best of luck. I hope your company can provide a great service but if your changes cause a major problem then your company should own up to it's mistakes rather than trying to blame someone else.

Yaros

Staff member
Just for your information... We do not use AliExpress API at all. Oberlo works through its own server, so I am not sure if they had the same issue.

AliExpress added a new event for displaying descriptions and changed parameters for prices. We tried our best to fix it asap on our end to be able to get the correct data from AliExpress.

Andre'

Oberlo did not have the same issue. After purchasing AliDropship and finding various bugs I began running Oberlo, along with Importify and others, side by side as a comparison. I invite you to check out the Oberlo forum where you can see this problem was not reported by anyone.

I've just sent a message to AliExpress support to ask about when these changes happened as the timing still doesn't add up. The chances AliExpress changed something, exactly around the time of your latest update which just happened to add auto-updated pricing, but only caused AliDropship to have issues doesn't seem very likely. It's possible, and that's why I'm verifying the changes with AliExpress support.

Your software has some genuine benefits over the competition but right now it seems to be a case of do you want features or reliability. AliDropship got the features, but your competitors have reliability.

Yaros

Staff member
I've just sent a message to AliExpress support to ask about when these changes happened as the timing still doesn't add up.

Auto-udating feature has nothing with this issue. It is just a cron.

Andre, are you in contact with AliExpress technical support!? Could you share their contact details?

This is my first week using the plug-in and I was wondering if there is a way to update the product and not change my prices. I would prefer my prices to remain as it unless I change them manual? Its there a setting I need to enable.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator