POLL: AliDropship Or AliDropship Woo?

Which plugin did you choose when you just started your ecommerce business?

• AliDropship plugin

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • AliDropship Woo plugin

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • Both

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters

Direct Webstore

Ok, this thread is devolving. If you would like to discuss more in depth we should PM about it.

This thread is about Original vs Woo. Which is exactly what we're discussing. Some of it factual, some of it exaggerated. Just like a lot of discussions in a forum. All is as it should be. This is the right place to discuss it. Not in "PM" Maybe others will wish to put their two cents worth in.

Well, obviously the biggest difference is the ability to customize the theme. That alone should count for at least 2. ;-) (For the Original Version)
So No, not saying the WOO version with customized theme is not easier to customize.

No, you're not ... you implied that Woo themes couldn't be customised at all. I think we should drop this anyway as Newbies trying to make a decision may be ill informed and get confused as this is the second time you've changed track on what you said.

So, who else has an opinion on Original vs Woo? The more the better so people can work out which would suit them better.

:)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Option to Send you notifications when a product is out of stock.
Is that available in Woo version? Could not find it.

I'm still setting up my Woo sites so I missed this. It's included in standard Woo already.

Woocommerce/Settings/Products/Inventory

out  of stock.jpg

Ryan

As I see from poll results most of you are using Woo version.
I used both but now I am using only Alidropship version for all my stores.
I was able to earn also with Woo version but I didn't like it because of the following reasons:
1. My imagination about how the store should look didn't match my skills. I wasn't able to build the store I like.
2. Annoyingly that for every trifle you need to get a plugin. Don't remember but I guess I had more than 30.
3. When someone ordered and I processed the order it was too complicated with the e-mails. Couldn't understand when the customer gets an email when didn't. I wanted it to be easier, something like Processed (no e-mails sent, info just for me), Shipped, Completed.
4. Can't remember but there were few other things that annoyed me.

Now I have a new idea for a new store and I am thinking maybe I will give a second chance to Woo version again. As I am scrolling through the web I see a lot of awesome stores made with Woocommerce.

Direct Webstore

2. Annoyingly that for every trifle you need to get a plugin. Don't remember but I guess I had more than 30.
Many of the functions provided by those plugins are built in to the Original. In both versions those functions are operating. It makes no difference. The people spreading the myth that "plugins are bad" simply don't comprehend that Wordpress and Woocommerce are modular systems designed to use plugins and with the added ability to add only the functions you want/need. The Original is a stand alone system with all the needed functions built in, whether you want them or not. With Woo, you simply have a choice of which functions you use. The Original is an off the shelf system with no choices. I've used both the Original with it's built in "plugins"+a few extra plugins and Woo with 30+ optional plugins and ran speed tests on both. The results are about the same.

3. When someone ordered and I processed the order it was too complicated with the e-mails. Couldn't understand when the customer gets an email when didn't. I wanted it to be easier, something like Processed (no e-mails sent, info just for me), Shipped, Completed.
It's quite easy to change the title of the emails so they make more sense to you.

Now I have a new idea for a new store and I am thinking maybe I will give a second chance to Woo version again.
Great! You just need to be a little patient and spend a few days or maybe even a couple of weeks experimenting. It took me a couple of weeks to get my first Woo store perfect. Many just give up on Woo because of laziness ... but once you have it set up ... it's WAY superior.

Good luck! :)

Last edited:

Ryan

Many of the functions provided by those plugins are built in to the Original. In both versions those functions are operating. It makes no difference. The people spreading the myth that "plugins are bad" simply don't comprehend that Wordpress and Woocommerce are modular systems designed to use plugins and with the added ability to add only the functions you want/need. The Original is a stand alone system with all the needed functions built in, whether you want them or not. With Woo, you simply have a choice of which functions you use. The Original is an off the shelf system with no choices. I've used both the Original with it's built in "plugins"+a few extra plugins and Woo with 30+ optional plugins and ran speed tests on both. The results are about the same.

It's quite easy to change the title of the emails so they make more sense to you.

Great! You just need to be a little patient and spend a few days or maybe even a couple of weeks experimenting. It took me a couple of weeks to get my first Woo store perfect. Many just give up on Woo because of laziness ... but once you have it set up ... it's WAY superior.

Good luck! :)

With the Flatsome theme and its tools, it's much easier to build a store than I remember with the free theme I used half a year ago.

Thank you @Direct Webstore for posting the plugins you use in other thread. I checked them and installed a few of them.

I have a question for this plugin WP Fastest Cache. Why it's necessary and what are your settings for it?

And another question, maybe @Arnaldo can help with it too. For standard Ali plugin, there is a section for keywords which you can add for every product you insert in the store. What plugin do you use for this purpose with Woocommerce? As I see Yoast plugin needs premium to add keywords.

Direct Webstore

Thank you @@Direct Webstore for posting the plugins you use in other thread. I checked them and installed a few of them.
Not sure which thread that was ... but I'm using Flatsome now too and some of it's functions have replaced some of the plugins I used to use ... like the slider, maintenance countdown plugins.

I have a question for this plugin WP Fastest Cache. Why it's necessary and what are your settings for it?

The difference in page speed loading according to Google Pagespeed Insights with WP Fastest Cache activated and unactivated was huge! Much faster with it activated. As for settings ... I ticked everything ... except the emojis box at the bottom.

there is a section for keywords which you can add for every product you insert in the store. What plugin do you use for this purpose with Woocommerce? As I see Yoast plugin needs premium to add keywords.

I just make sure the description for products (or blogs) contain all the keywords and also put keywords in the "Tags" section on the right.

Mar

As I see Yoast plugin needs premium to add keywords.
Keywords used to be in the free version of YOAST, just recently it is gone. The publisher of the plugin keep on finding ways to force users to buy the premium version.

Direct Webstore

You can still add ONE keyword ... just make sure it's a really good one! ... LOL :) Actually, I'm in the process of looking for an alternative to Yoast now.

Ryan

Yeah, Flatsome comes with some useful plugins. Great theme.

Do you guys split products into separate variants?

Direct Webstore

Do you guys split products into separate variants?
I do. By duplicating products and deleting the unwanted variants. If a product has 3 variants, you can duplicate it twice so you have 3 products, then edit/delete all the variants in each, leaving just one in each.

Ryan

I do. By duplicating products and deleting the unwanted variants. If a product has 3 variants, you can duplicate it twice so you have 3 products, then edit/delete all the variants in each, leaving just one in each.

Do you also edit descriptions for all variations? I am thinking if I want to split products. Can't decide.
When you duplicate and then delete unwanted variants are you still able to update without errors?

Direct Webstore

I see that the Woocommerce is not free for this plugin.
Ah ... They had this in the description ...
  • ONLY free plugin to provide SEO Integration for e-Commerce sites, including WooCommerce
I should have read the "small print" ... LOL. I haven't started to set it up yet ... so the search continues ... Checking "SEOPRESS" next.

Direct Webstore

I see that the Woocommerce is not free for this plugin.

I just found this free Woocommerce addon for All in one SEO ..."WooCommerce – All in One SEO Pack" ... https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-all-in-one-seo-pack/

It says it's "Untested with your version of Wordpress... but that doesn't mean it does not work. I've used many plugins in the past that say that with no problems. Anyway ... I just "tested" it myself. It works great! Adds all the SEO fields you need to products with as many keywords as you like.

So now for me is All in One SEO + WooCommerce – All in One SEO Pack (By Visser Labs)

Goodbye Yoast.

Arnaldo

I just found this free Woocommerce addon for All in one SEO ..."WooCommerce – All in One SEO Pack" ... https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-all-in-one-seo-pack/

It says it's "Untested with your version of Wordpress... but that doesn't mean it does not work. I've used many plugins in the past that say that with no problems. Anyway ... I just "tested" it myself. It works great! Adds all the SEO fields you need to products with as many keywords as you like.

So now for me is All in One SEO + WooCommerce – All in One SEO Pack (By Visser Labs)

Goodbye Yoast.

Can you add multiple keywords like in Yoast premium with this above setup @Direct Webstore ?

Direct Webstore

Yes ... but only for products. Which is the main thing as far as I'm concerned. Not blog posts though. Blog posts only have title and description fields ... but you can include all your keywords in the description and have at least one or two in the title.