POLL: AliDropship Or AliDropship Woo?

Which plugin did you choose when you just started your ecommerce business?

• AliDropship plugin

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • AliDropship Woo plugin

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • Both

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters

Christina

Administrator
AliDropship or AliDropship Woo? That's the question!

Often our clients feel slightly confused: when we receive their order on the plugin purchase, we offer them to choose between two plugin versions.
In spite of the fact that our Blog and Knowledge Base contain articles dedicated to their differencies, features and advantages, people are used to trust other people's opinion more.

Therefore, we invite you to vote in our poll!

160531_POL_how-to-read-poll.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

One year with Original ... Now still in the process of converting 6 sites to Woo. If the Original had a better Coupon system and a Widget area/Sidebars I probably would have stayed with it. :)

Arnaldo

WOO since I only used and learn to master it by now.

Since the new major update is on its way, I'll stick with it. Ok, Woo is much harder to learn and cost more because of the external plugins cost, but it has so many functionalities and awesome features.

You can do impressive stuff with it + good theme.

Last note: newbies (no offenses) Go with Alidropship normal version, there are still many people doing incredible sales number with it.

Direct Webstore

cost more because of the external plugins cost
I only paid for 3 out of 36 plugins. Alidropship, Social Rabbit and Recent Sales Popup.

Here's a list of the others ... https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/michelangelo-theme-not-responsive-on-mobile.6836/post-39325
Testing and trying many plugins to find the ones that are OK was time consuming though.

Woo is much harder to learn
I myself wouldn't say Woo is "much" harder, but is harder to set up than the Original. The Original took me a couple of hours to be familiar with it, Woo took a few days. But everyone is different, has different backgrounds and experience so I guess the learning curve/time to be OK with Woo will vary.

:)

Last edited:

jubran

I voted Alidropship. However, if the Alidropship Woo had its problems fixed like the pricing issue, ordering details syncing, removing 1 variation causes to undetectable product and removing its pricing, updating issue, etc... (there are a lot of them which should be expected in version 2 as promised), then it would win the normal Alidropship by far in terms of customization, growth, marketing features, conversion optimization and much more.

So if I would rate them based on a score of 10 being the highest:
Alidropship: 7.5/10
Alidropship Woo: 6/10

But if Alidropship Woo gets fixed soon and it will run as smooth as Oberlo or Dropified for instance, it will definitely get a solid 9.5 or 10/10 score.

Last edited:

shonny

I have tested both but I prefer Alidropship when it comes to speed and functionality. Alidropship Woo tends to be slow as so many other plugins are needed to run the site and all images are saved on servers. If Alidropship had nice theme similar to Woocomnerce i would use it in all my sites.

Direct Webstore

Woo tends to be slow as so many other plugins are needed to run the site
I don't think there is much difference between functions being supplied by plugins in Woo or being built in with the Original. Those functions are still running. I've used both Original and Woo and I can't really notice that much difference in speed. Actually, I can't notice any difference at all. My Woo sites load quite fast ... 3- 4 seconds and I remember my Original sites being about the same. I think that's a bit of a myth. But that's just my opinion based on my setups. There are many variables with different people and their setups I guess.

and all images are saved on servers
On Aliexpress's servers? No they're not. All my products images in my Woo sites are stored on my site.

Anyway ... I'm looking forward to the "New Woo" ... :)

Mar

I don't think there is much difference between functions being supplied by plugins in Woo or being built in with the Original. Those functions are still running. I've used both Original and Woo and I can't really notice that much difference in speed. Actually, I can't notice any difference at all. My Woo sites load quite fast ... 3- 4 seconds and I remember my Original sites being about the same. I think that's a bit of a myth. But that's just my opinion based on my setups. There are many variables with different people and their setups I guess.

On Aliexpress's servers? No they're not. All my products images in my Woo sites are stored on my site.

Anyway ... I'm looking forward to the "New Woo" ... :)
I am using the new Beta version of Woo plugin just today. It is much better with the new features. although I am still observing it. There is an option not save all images to the server now.

Alec

Woo has more customization options, if you know how to do that kind of stuff. To give your site your own personal touch. I like that and is good for me.

Although, there are a few features found in original version not found in woo.

Direct Webstore

The ability to split variations with the press of a button.

I'm aware of that single function ... but you said "a few". I'm just curious as what the others are. I've used both versions of the plugin and apart from that one thing ... I can't think of any others. Can you you give me at least two more examples? (Considering that two is a "couple" and at least three is a "few") Thanks.

Last edited:

Alec

There is an easier way you can identify the differences, since you know the system better than me.

Go through the latest updates thread: https://forum.alidropship.com/forums/news-updates.4/

As you read the updates for ADS see how many little things you can find that in each update offered for ADS not offered in Woo version.

I listed the separating variants since that is a big one that stuck in my head. But from the feeling I get from reviewing updates and comparing to available options in woo as I understand them, get the feeling that they can simply include some things quicker and easier in their own original plugin that is harder to do or can not be done in woo version.

Not bashing either version, but there are little differences.

Direct Webstore

are little differences
there are a few features found in original version not found in woo
You said a few "features" ... not differences.

There is an easier way you can identify the differences, since you know the system better than me.
It would be easier if you just told me of at least one other feature, seeing as you seem to already know of a few. I can only think of the Variation Splitter. I'm really scratching my head as to what it/they are. If there are a few extra features/functions I'm not aware of, it may tip the scales between Original and Woo. I'm really curious as to what they are. (Apart from the already mentioned one) This thread is a discussion on the merits of the Original vs Woo. If you can't give me at least two features unavailable in Woo, I will have to presume it was just a case of exaggeration ... in that case, no worries. Drop it. :)

Bottom line ...

Original: Good for newbies ... setup in a couple of hours. Only one "one click" feature not available in Woo. (That I'm aware of)

Woo: Heaps better if you're not lazy and prepared to go through a learning curve over a few days. Plus, variations can be split, not with a single click but by duplicating product listings and editing.

My Vote ... Woo, if you're prepared to do a little work with the initial setup, especially with the new version soon to be released. (and it may even have the one click product splitter incorporated, sooner or later). And seeing as you can't migrate from Original to Woo and have to start from scratch, I'd advise people to carefully think before making a decision. I'm now in the back breaking process of changing 6 sites over to Woo. I wish I knew before what I know now ... lol

But that's just my opinion. Everyone has different tastes and needs. I'd recommend to install the Original, play around with it for a couple of days, then uninstall it and try Woo for a couple of days before making a decision.

Not bashing either version
Same here. Each has it's own merits depending on what you want. Quick to setup, easy and a bit limited with the Original or Slower to setup, slightly harder and heaps more available functions, features and customisation with the Woo version.

:)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Well, obviously the biggest difference is the ability to customize the theme. That alone should count for at least 2. ;-)

Are you saying you can't customise Woo themes? Of course you can. With the Flatsome theme the customisation options are amazing! (Just bought it last week) And even the hundreds of free themes can be customised. :)

Option to Send you notifications when a product is out of stock. Is that available in Woo version? Could not find it.
Advanced Notifications (Plugin to notify Admin and Customers) and even better, WooCommerce Product Stock Alert (Plugin) Lets customers know when an out of stock item is back in stock.

For more ... Google.
https://www.google.com.au/search?rl....1.64.psy-ab..9.1.316...35i39k1.0.fToYJalCdBE

You can see out of stock items in the Admin back end when you go there everyday. And they can be set to be sent to draft anyway. Email notifications are unnecessary (and annoying). But if one wants them, they can use the plugins above.

So we're still at just "one" feature that Woo doesn't have with a single click ... but is still possible to do with a few clicks.

.... and as they come around the bend towards the finish line, it's WOO ... streaking ahead for the win ... (just joking) LOL :)

Disclaimer: I do not work for Woo ... :)

Last edited:

Alec

Are you saying you can't customise Woo themes? Of course you can. With the Flatsome these the customisation options are amazing! And even the hundreds of free themes can be customised. :)

WooCommerce Product Stock Alert (Plugin)

I use Flatsome and Woo version for both licences I have bought. I prefer Woo version after playing with the ADS version. So No, not saying the WOO version with customized theme is not easier to customize.

Ok, this thread is devolving. If you would like to discuss more in depth we should PM about it. Got more products to upload!!