Plugin Feature Wishlist

dezigna

I posted these on DP forum but might as well drop it here:

Wishlist for Alidropship:
1. Support Woocommerce themes
2. Order tracking - allow customer to track order from his account or maybe a frontend page from the theme to enter tracking code assigned by store manager.
3. Product variations support like colors, sizes etc
4. Bogo offers, upsells, downsells and cross-sells in a funnel path, in cart, after checkout and so on.
5. Live sales notifications popups
6. Product countdowns, wishlist support
7. Retargeting support for platforms like adroll and others
8. Stock remaining progress bars
9. Beautiful receipts on purchase that allow you to market again with related products in their emails

Yaros

Staff member
I posted these on DP forum but might as well drop it here:

Wishlist for Alidropship:
2. Order tracking - allow customer to track order from his account or maybe a frontend page from the theme to enter tracking code assigned by store manager.
4. Bogo offers, upsells, downsells and cross-sells in a funnel path, in cart, after checkout and so on.
9. Beautiful receipts on purchase that allow you to market again with related products in their emails

Thank you very much for your valuable recommendations!

- We are working now on the plugin version developed specially for Woocommerce and it will support WOO themes.
- This feature is added already and will appear in next release. We will use 17track service and it will be integrated in the themes.
- They are already there. We take all variations directly from AliExpress and you can edit them after they were added to your store.
- We will continue improving our marketing module adding more and more of such features.
- Interesting idea, we will consider it!
- We are going to integrate a visual editor for this purpose.

Anson

I think the Woocommerce Support is the most critical one, may I know any planned date to make this plugin works with Woocomemrce system?
I am an experienced Woocommerce shop builder, I know there are some great plugins available to solve all the below issues already:

2. Order tracking - plugins
3. Product variations support like colors, sizes etc - WC native
4. Bogo offers, upsells, downsells and cross-sells in a funnel path, in cart, after checkout and so on. - plugins
5. Live sales notifications popups - plugins
6. Product countdowns, wishlist support - plugin
7. Retargeting support for platforms like adroll and others - plugin
8. Stock remaining progress bars - plugin
9. Beautiful receipts on purchase that allow you to market again with related products in their emails - plugin

Please consider to add Woocommerce support ASAP, as it should solve many feature request issue at once.
I can help do alpha/beta testing for the WC support, if you want. :)

Yaros

Staff member
We are working on this trying to release it asap for WOO. However, we will continue using our AliDropship plugin with optimised themes and stable functionality. I have already tested it with WOO and I did not like it.

The main problems with WOO importers deal with data storing and presenting this data on a template.

When adding a product with variations, the WOO system blows databases greatly instead of using a more efficient solution. Especially, it affects shared hosting servers.

If you want, I can explain in further.

How WOO commerce stores data.

The main table uses wp_posts and metadata is addressed to wp_postmeta. When you add a variation, you need to create attributes and with AliExpress we have many of these attributes for each product.

Each attribute is registered as a taxonomy and leads to the increase of records in such tables like wp_termmeta, wp_terms, wp_term_relationships, wp_term_taxonomy.

Furthermore, a variation itself, is an additional record for wp_posts and wp_postmeta tables.

Now some calculation:

For example, I imported one product with 3 attributes (color, size, material). As a result, I got 12 variations for this product (it means 12 combinations of these attributes).

The number of records on database table will be following:

wp_posts - 20
wp_postmeta - 339
wp_termmeta - 10
wp_terms - 15
wp_term_relationships - 10
wp_term_taxonomy - 15

This number does not seem huge, but it is only one product with not many variations. If we import 200 items, the number of records will increase tremendously.

There is another issue with get data requests. WOO requests data partially using WP_Query class, instead of taking all data at once. Another requests are sent to wp_postmeta table for each variation.

So, in spite of all the simplicity of Woocommerce, your store will be working slowly and you will have to setup additional cache plugins and probably use third-party CDN for images, styles and scripts.

With AliDropship plugin we are using other tables for storing data and every table is responsible for a particular task. We do not use wp_postmeta table at all and apply only necessary requests for getting necessary information.

Anson

Thanks for your detailed explanation.

I agreed that Woocommerce did a bad handling for products with large no. of product variations, and I may lead to some performance issue for shared hosting.

I got a store with 50+ products, while each products with 150-250+ product variations. I won't said it's fast, but at least acceptable in my case with cache plugin in Siteground.
If you want, I could PM you my site for your look.

I think in normal case there's only less than 10 product variation in Aliexpress products, I think the performance issue is not so important, compared to the great feasibility & countless plugins available.

If you agree, I could help test the Woocommerce integration with my hosting, I got shared hosting and Cloud hosting in SiteGround now. Thanks.

Yaros

Staff member
Thank you Anson, it would be great if you can help us with testing. The absence of good testers is our major problem:) Could you pm me your Skype ID or add me on Skype: yarosnevsky

dezigna

@Yaros - noticed a popup when you add products to cart. Please allow promotions on this popup for add to cart. Can be used to show like discounts on bundles, buy like another one of the item to get it cheaper or frequently bought together products. Stuff like that. I hope these are not too far away.

Also, ability to ask them to add a different variation when they add x product to cart. Like this:

http://imgur.com/a/y59Oi

Lastly, add a top bar like this pls:
http://imgur.com/a/Kz2f3

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

I don't get it. "Adding Woo support". There's already a Woo plugin. What's the difference? Or is it just support for Woo compatiple themes? I hope so. I'd love to try Flatsome on the Original plugin .... as long as you fix the coupon problem. (Can't restrict use per customer)