Please comment on my new web store

mihailena

Hi everyone,

I am new here, and I just finished my store. I'd appreciate any comments how it can be improved.

I am starting promotion tomorrow. I'd appreciate if you suggest how could I get visitors with a small daily budget.

I am leaning toward SEO in the long run, however, I need to make it till the site makes it organic in Google.

Thanks everyone in advance.

http://passionforpugs.com

Shens

Hi everyone,

I am new here, and I just finished my store. I'd appreciate any comments how it can be improved.

I am starting promotion tomorrow. I'd appreciate if you suggest how could I get visitors with a small daily budget.

I am leaning toward SEO in the long run, however, I need to make it till the site makes it organic in Google.

Thanks everyone in advance.

http://passionforpugs.com

That's a nice clean website. Welcome to the club :)

Direct Webstore

I suggest you show some of the actual products you are selling on the home page ... Install a "Latest Products" plugin.

Or maybe a slider plugin showing an example product from each category ( ... and hyperlink the picture of the product to the category page). "Meta Slider" works well.

Don't make your customers work too hard trying to see examples of what you are selling or they may leave.

:)

Last edited:

Unfeasible

I suggest you show some of the actual products you are selling on the home page ... Install a "Latest Products" plugin.

Or maybe a slider plugin showing an example product from each category ( ... and hyperlink the picture of the product to the category page). "Meta Slider" works well.

Don't make your customers work too hard trying to see examples of what you are selling or they may leave.

This message is pretty much what I was thinking. The home page has no products on it at all. It would really help.
Also if you put a background image in the header with some cuties pugs being all pug like, that would be great.

The best of luck fellow pup fan!

mihailena

Will do, thanks for the idea.

Direct Webstore

I use Paypal, do I still need SSL?

People don't think that way. I know and you know using Paypal is secure enough ... but the average person just thinks a site without SSL is not secure for making payments. And secondly, Google ranks non SSL sites lower in the search results.

Bottom line ... get SSL ... unless you don't mind losing a lot of customers and ranking low in search results.

If cost is a problem ... many hosts offer free SSL ... like Alidropship hosting here. If I was you ... I'd move to another host that has free SSL. Some use a free SSL called "Let's Encrypt"

Do a search for "Web hosting + Let's Encrypt" and see what you get. :)

Last edited:

Dennis Henson

I noticed some spelling errors which you should correct. You talked about making your site in your previous dog's HONOR is the correct word. On you page entitled Returns and EXCHANGES , the word exchange is not spelled correctly. Check out my site and see what you think. dennishenson.com

mihailena

I noticed some spelling errors which you should correct. You talked about making your site in your previous dog's HONOR is the correct word. On you page entitled Returns and EXCHANGES , the word exchange is not spelled correctly. Check out my site and see what you think. dennishenson.com

thanks for correcting the spelling. i will correct asap.

I like your store - I was considering Ali's themes for mine. I personally avoid uploading products with supplier logos on them. It's a turn off to me. Other than that, congrats on uploading that many products on your site. I also noticed that the font is not uniform under Product Description, but it's not a big deal. Is it a general store, or are you targeting a particular audience?

mihailena

Just want to thank you for the awesome plugin - fixed my home page to reflect your ideas.

Direct Webstore

Check out my site and see what you think. dennishenson.com

That site name is a bit of a worry. Site names should reflect what you are selling or what kind of site it is. MUCH better for SEO purposes ... unless there are heaps of people searching for "dennishensons" to buy ... :)

EDIT: Actually, it's worse than I thought ... there's so many different URLS it seems really messy, confusing and unprofessional.
i.e...
dennishenson.com
dennisrhenson@att.net
dennishenson.co.business
BUY-LOWEST-PRICE.COM

You really should get ONE good URL and stick to it.

Last edited:

mihailena

That site name is a bit of a worry. Site names should reflect what you are selling or what kind of site it is. MUCH better for SEO purposes ... unless there are heaps of people searching for "dennishensons" to buy ... :)

He talks about buy-lowest-price.com on the home page.