Performance and Cronjobs - multiple jobs slowing down?

peterwein

Hi Support Staff

I noticed an increase of pageload time, while adding more products.

My questions:
1. Is there a correlation between increasing amount of products and the increasing pageload time?

2. Could it be, that there are running multiple cronjobs for product/price updating purposes?

3. What cronjobs are running at what time - is there an overview somewhere?

4. Would it be smarter to disable wp cronjobs and send crojobs only at night?

Thanks for your awesome support - and the awesome work with alidropship!

Last edited:

Yaros

Staff member
Hi Support Staff

I noticed an increase of pageload time, while adding more products.

My questions:
1. Is there a correlation between increasing amount of products and the increasing pageload time?

2. Could it be, that there are running multiple cronjobs for product/price updating purposes?

3. What cronjobs are running at what time - is there an overview somewhere?

4. Would it be smarter to disable wp cronjobs and send crojobs only at night?

Thanks for your awesome support - and the awesome work with alidropship!

Best regards,
Pete

The increase of page loading speed does not depend on the plugin and cron jobs. The more products you add to your Woocommerce site the more records you get. If you look at your databases you will see how fast they are increasing once new products are added to your store. As a result it leads to the decreasing of your site loading speed, since more time needed to process all the data. I would recommend that you install and setup a cache plugin, for example WP Super Cache.

peterwein

Hi Yaros

Thanks for your fast reply. Yes i am aware of this.
But my question was more related to the alidropship plugin, not to woocommerce.

So that means there are no additional cronjobs running regarding alidropship?

Yaros

Staff member
Hi Yaros

Thanks for your fast reply. Yes i am aware of this.
But my question was more related to the alidropship plugin, not to woocommerce.

So that means there are no additional cronjobs running regarding alidropship?
No additional cron jobs are processed by AliDropship plugin.

Yaros

Staff member
Only manual update works fine, auto-update does not work properly since AliExpress suspends IP if there are too many requests. Now we are creating Rest API for AliExpress that will finally solve the problem with auto-updating and will improve importing products process and order fulfilment.

peterwein

Hi Victoria - so there are processes running in the background for updating purposes if i choose automagically?

If Yes:
What processes are running?
How often are there running?
Where can i see an overview of those processes?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi Victoria - so there are processes running in the background for updating purposes if i choose automagically?

If Yes:
What processes are running?
How often are there running?
Where can i see an overview of those processes?
Auto - update doesn't work properly now, we recommend to use Manual update. Once you click Start plugin will update Stock and Prices for all published products . You need to keep Update window open till the process is completed.

poornendulal

Dear Team

Can you please let me know what is this https://somewebsite.com/wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron=1594654790.5441920757293701171875 doing.

My website performance is getting impaired every time this happens. is there any work around that I can apply to fix this ?

Every one hour my website is running this cron and due to this there are errors on my website. I understand my database has a maximum connection limit per user as 15. I am under the impression that this is normal in most shared hosting. I wanted to know a workaround to fix this problem.

The below is what I am seeing in my logs

User 'testuserindatabase' has exceeded the 'max_user_connections' resource (current value: 15) Mon Jul 13 15:39:51 UTC 2020
SELF:/wp-cron.php
RequestTime:1594654790
Referer:https://somewebsite.com/wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron=1594654790.5441920757293701171875
Agent:WordPress/5.4.2; https://somewebsite.com
FileName:/home/usernamesample/domains/somewebsite.com/public_html/wp-cron.php
ScriptName:/wp-cron.php
RequestURI:/wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron=1594654790.5441920757293701171875

Can I disable WordPress cron in the config and setup 12 hours once system cron. Can you please recommend how to do this.

I highly appreciate any help on this regard.

Cheers.
PV

Last edited: