One Paypal account for multiple web stores?

Direct Webstore

Sawadi Khrap,

I am using the DaVinchi theme using the original Alidropship plugin. Where can I find the section to change the Invoice Prefix?

Thanks in advance.
The Original doesn't have that setting. It's not that important anyway. It's just for you to sort out invoices between multiple sites. If you have only one site, don't worry about it.
Chok Dee Krahp ... :)

gkteng

Hi,

Thanks for replying. In fact I am building another store with the original plugin and need to differentiate the invoices.

The Original doesn't have that setting. It's not that important anyway. It's just for you to sort out invoices between multiple sites. If you have only one site, don't worry about it.
Chok Dee Krahp ... :)

kumudu

Yes. No tutorial necessary. Just enter the Paypal details normally on both sites. Same goes for any other Payment gateways e.g Stripe etc.

Just make sure that in the Paypal settings in each store you give a unique Invoice Prefix for each store so you and Paypal know which is which ...

How do you manage “Validation error: PayPal IPN response from a different email address.....” when you have a common email address in PayPal for multiple stores and order status moving to “hold” in woo then customer receiving the notification of hold? Google solution is to change the email address of all the websites to match PayPal's email address if I have understood correctly. I assume you don’t use the same email address for all the stores you manage..?

And also, the website appearing under merchant information in PayPal invoice to the customer is the business URL given in PayPal (what I understand). The information is common for all the sites under one PayPal account. Found this little old thread https://www.paypal-community.com/t5...dress-shown-in-customer-receipt-3/td-p/191942

How do you handle the above? any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Direct Webstore

I assume you don’t use the same email address for all the stores you manage..?
Yes I do. I have a business name and a dedicated email for it that I use for all my stores. The customers can't see what the email is so it doesn't really matter what email address you use. Having one for each site is a bit redundant.

But if you want to, for your own personal esthetics or whatever, add as many email addresses to your Paypal account as you like. A different one for each site if you wish. But it's not really necessary.

I have my personal email address and my business email address added to my Paypal account. Either can be used for receiving payments.

As for the validation error ... no idea. I've never seen or heard of that before. Check that you've entered the email address correctly.

kumudu

Thank you for the fast response and valuable information as usual.

The customers can't see what the email is so it doesn't really matter what email address you use. Having one for each site is a bit redundant.
I am wondering why I am seeing the business name, email address and the first store name under merchant information on payment notification to the customer from PayPal. :)

As for the validation error ... no idea. I've never seen or heard of that before. Check that you've entered the email address correctly.
This seems not only for me but there are others as well, just a one thread https://wordpress.org/support/topic...pn-response-from-a-different-email-address-2/

Anyway, you are not facing the issues I mentioned and let's see if anyone else has.

Once again, thank you.

Direct Webstore

I am wondering why I am seeing the business name, email address and the first store name under merchant information on payment notification to the customer from PayPal.
You do? I must be mistaken then. But I've never noticed it. I just use a generic business name/email that covers all my sites. It's just more convenient for me.

This seems not only for me but there are others as well, just a one thread https://wordpress.org/support/topic...pn-response-from-a-different-email-address-2/
Did you try the solution on that page? i.e Use the "Primary Email". My business email is the primary one but I still have my personal one added as well and contrary to what that thread says, I can still receive payments to it. (From other people etc) But They are probably refering to receiving via the Paypal Wordpress app.

So ignore this ... I just presumed too much. You can only use the Primary Paypal email. Which is what I do and I have no problems. It's late here in Australia and I'm tired not thinking clearly ... lol
But if you want to, for your own personal esthetics or whatever, add as many email addresses to your Paypal account as you like. A different one for each site if you wish.

Last edited:

kumudu

Did you try the solution on that page?
Yes, after seeing your last message and yes, it worked. ( Receiver email in WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > PayPal = Primary email of Paypal). So now my problem is solved. :)

Before touching all those settings wanted to check with you because usually, you have solutions for many :)

I have a business name and a dedicated email for it that I use for all my stores
I think this is the best solution.

It's late here in Australia and I'm tired not thinking clearly ... lol
Yes, I understand no worries :)

Anyway, thank you very much, your responses made me clear it today itself.

Best regards,

Kumudu

Direct Webstore

I have a business name and a dedicated email for it that I use for all my stores.
I think this is the best solution.
The Alidropship team also do this with their own multiple stores.

So just use something general and non-specific like "globalwebshops@gmail.com" (example) that will look OK with all/any stores.

I actually have an addon domain/site for my main business name with its own "support@XXXXX.com" email so it looks better than a Gmail address. It acts as the main "mother site" and lists and links to my multiple stores and also has FAQs etc covering general info that applies to all the stores. It's just a very basic Wordpress site with very few added plugins. I only have to pay $14/year for the domain, so it's not a big expense. It just makes my whole setup look more professional. There is also a link to it in the footer copyright section of all my stores. e.g "Copyright 2019 mystore.com - mymothersite.com"

Last edited: