Notifications setup

MonkeyK

Hi all,
Can anybody mention some experience about this? I am working on this part for my store. I got some questions for asking here:
1. Is it necessary to register one individual mailing service provider?
For a start-up store, it won't have many emails/notifications during your day/month operation, so maybe using SMTP from AliDropship will be
good enough at the beginning time, it's better to migrate to the one of those provider's service in the future, Am I correct?

2. If I have to do registration right now, which one will be the better one below? Is anybody using one of them? Is it easy to setup?
SendGrid, SendinBlue, Mailgun, Pepipost and Mandrill

Welcome somebody share his/her experience. Thanks.

MonkeyK

My domain was verified by mailgun an hour ago. Unfortunately, I still got this error message when I hit button Test in Notifications setting page:

Error: Bad Request { "message": "Free accounts are for test purposes only. Please upgrade or add the address to authorized recipients in Account Settings." }

Also I tested it from my site's registration page and get the same error too. How can I fix it?
Big Thanks!

Mar

My domain was verified by mailgun an hour ago. Unfortunately, I still got this error message when I hit button Test in Notifications setting page:

Error: Bad Request { "message": "Free accounts are for test purposes only. Please upgrade or add the address to authorized recipients in Account Settings." }

Also I tested it from my site's registration page and get the same error too. How can I fix it?
Big Thanks!
E-mail setup is a long and complicated process. Try asking your host support if they can help.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Big Thanks!
Despite the fact that Mailgun is a pay-as you-go mail service, you need to add your credit card. Also, please check the error text:
> Please upgrade or add the address to authorized recipients in Account Settings.

MonkeyK

Despite the fact that Mailgun is a pay-as you-go mail service, you need to add your credit card. Also, please check the error text:
> Please upgrade or add the address to authorized recipients in Account Settings.
I have already attached my credit card when I created the Business Verification Ticket.
You mean I need to review the my account settings in mailgun and see anywhere I can add the address to authorized recipients?

MonkeyK

Here is the response from mailgun:

This error occurs whenever utilizing either a sandbox domain or a free account without inviting users called Authorized Recipients.

Sandbox domains always require Authorized Recipients. With free plans, which are intended for test usage, all custom domains require Authorized Recipients. With upgraded plans, which are intended for production usage, custom domains no longer require Authorized Recipients.

Please take a look at the following Help Center article for more information about the Authorized Recipient process:

webicon_green.png
https://help.mailgun.com/hc/en-us/articles/217531258-Authorized-Recipients

MonkeyK

The link says: Up to 5 recipients can be added. It means I can only send 5 customer's email address for notifications, come on man! is it workable for my online store? My god, I totally get lost about this kind of settings!:(

MonkeyK

I added support@my-domain.com as Authorized Recipient in mailgun account settings and make Contact Form works properly. But Registration Form still doesn't work because how can I add my the customer's email address as Authorized Recipient, and it's up to 5, I used one as my support box, so only 4 left for my customers, which means I can only have FOUR customers, it's so funny!!!!!!

Yaros

Staff member
As far as I know the use of Authorized Recipients is not required to send with custom domains if you provided payment information with Mailgun.

MonkeyK

I selected the free plan during I setup my account with mailgun and nowhere to ask me to provide credit card info, so based on guide of knowledge base, I took a photo of my credit card and attached it with the business verification ticket and submit it, any mistakes I made?

Yaros

Staff member
Mailgun has changed its rules recently and now you need to provide your payment information right after you clicked Sign Up button in order to get full access

Z7SyQM5.png

Yaros

Staff member
Yes, but I think they should have an option to change the plan and add your payment information without registering your account again.

MonkeyK

I will write to them and ask for upgrade my account to "Concept - Pay as you Go", which is pay until send & receive emails more than 10000/month, is it correct?
Thank you so much!

Yaros

Staff member
yes that's correct! Once you do that, i think everything will be fine. And we will change information in our Knowledge base not to confuse users.

Mar

Great. I am writing to them now.
Thanks a lot!
Good night!
I haven't tried mailgun or other mail clients. I am using Sparkpost. Based on your posts above Sparkpost is easier to setup and don't require a credit card if you are in the free account with daily limit of 750 mails a day, something I am not sure if you will ever reach. I just received a shipped notification from AliExpress a few minutes ago, when I updated the order from Processed to Shipped, immediately I received a copy of the notification sent to the buyer. My e-mails are working very well with Sparkpost.

MonkeyK

Thanks Mar to share your experience. Based on the guide of knowledge base I did try Pepipost first and everything looks good but still cannot get it worked. So I start to try mailgun. Anyway, I have to work to fix it again today. The third party stuff always cost extra trouble.

Mar

Thanks Mar to share your experience. Based on the guide of knowledge base I did try Pepipost first and everything looks good but still cannot get it worked. So I start to try mailgun. Anyway, I have to work to fix it again today. The third party stuff always cost extra trouble.
Some of the mail clients are choosy like some of the payment gateways. They will reject your account application if they don't like. That is why avoided them.

MonkeyK

Some of the mail clients are choosy like some of the payment gateways. They will reject your account application if they don't like. That is why avoided them.
I read a previous post that AliDropship will implement Notifications feature with their own SMTP without any third party stuff inserted, that will be great if they do that way.