NO update on items

Andreas tsolis

Hello , i am trying to update the products but the spinner stays there and only reaches on 3 % . This problem is happening various days now any suggestions ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-02-23 at 17.44.51.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-23 at 17.44.51.png
    140.6 KB · Views: 22

Direct Webstore

Check your CPU usage in your CPanel. It may be getting maxed out. If that's the case, do a search for the "discussed to death" Woocommerce CPU problem" or similar terms.

kukiman

It is not a CPU issue, it's issue with Aliexpress' maxium request limit. When you try to update items, alidropship sends large amounts of requests, aliexpress detects that as spam/bots/crawling and blocks it. That is why everyone is having problems with automatic order placement and updates. No idea if there is any fix for that.

Direct Webstore

It is not a CPU issue, it's issue with Aliexpress' maxium request limit. When you try to update items, alidropship sends large amounts of requests, aliexpress detects that as spam/bots/crawling and blocks it. That is why everyone is having problems with automatic order placement and updates. No idea if there is any fix for that.
I've never heard of that. Where did you hear/read about it? Can you give me the source?

kukiman

I've never heard of that. Where did you hear/read about it? Can you give me the source?

That is how it works, it has to gather the information from Aliexpress, so it sends requests, same thing with updating tracking statuses, it connects to aliexpress and sends dozens of requests. Try opening 1 product page from aliexpress - it will work fine. Then try to open 20 of them within 30 seconds, you will get blocked, and they will ask you to "verify" yor connection, it is due to number of requests, it is obvious.

Try some data crawling on Aliexpress, you will get this error unsless you switch user agent and headers for each request via some proxy API , alidropship doesn't change browser footprint while updating etc., so it gets blocked, unfortunately.

The issues in those topics are also request related, it is all about blocking bots/spam etc.:

https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/importing-not-working.2686/
https://forum.alidropship.com/threa...g-automatic-order-fulfillment-scenario.15578/
https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/the-variation-not-found.15574/
https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/place-order-automatically-stuck.15540/

kukiman

I seem to be magically imune. ;)
As always ;)

During the last few days, few threads were created about being unable to update, to place order automaticaly, being asked to verify all the time - if it doesn't happen to you, then great, but it still happens to many people.

Yaros

Staff member
It is due to number of requests send by alidropship to aliexpress. Aliexpress detects it as maulicious and bans it, I face the same issue right now.
Any ideas how this might be fixed?

@Victoria Kudryashova @Yaros
We are updating the extension now, it will be asking you to come through the AliExpress protection system every time it bans your IP.

kukiman

We are updating the extension now, it will be asking you to come through the AliExpress protection system every time it bans your IP.

So during the update proccess, extension will ask us to verify in order to continue on updating? What about planned updates, that occur automatically?

Yaros

Staff member
That is great,

Last thing - what about order placement? Every 5-10 orders, it asks us to verify, then we have to close that order and place it again, is there any way to overcome this issue?
Once it asks you to verify, you get a new tab opened in your browser, where you need to go through the AliExpress slider and close the tab, then you get back to the processing. If it does not work, please PM me.

kukiman

Once it asks you to verify, you get a new tab opened in your browser, where you need to go through the AliExpress slider and close the tab, then you get back to the processing. If it does not work, please PM me.

Works fine, thank you :)

One more question about updates, what is the delay, how does it work in detail? We have ~800 prducts with daily updates, will all of them be updated daily, with no IP ban from aliexpress, or is 800 too much?

EDIT:
One more:
What about supplier updating/product resets in product edit tab? They seem messed up as well. It keeps on loading for ~2-3 minutes, before anything happens, sometime nothing happens and it freezes :/

Last edited: