New User Registration

kevgl

I got a notification a new user has registered to my web store.
I see a newly added user with the role subscriber but i do not see the email adress in an email list..
This person did also not order, did not apply to the newsletter and does not have an abandoned cart.

Anyone had this notifcation also? How is it possible for users to register?

kevgl

I got the message from WordPress. I have the option "Anyone can register" checked active. Should this be off?

Update: also noticed i have got an email from this person. After logging in to RoundCube i tried to open the mail but it did not respond to any click and the page was not frozen. The email adress and IP's are reported as spam many times by other users over the world. Saw that when i looked up the mailaddress.

After logging into other webmail service i see i got "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender". from the person that registered on my website.

I see it is possible to register within WordPress but i am not able to change anything because it has the role subscribor.

Should i turn anyone can register off? I think it automatically goes on when installing WordPress i guess.

Last edited: