New hosting

ofuroinu

Happy New Year to everyone been long time ..
I was thinking to leave hostgator almost 3years with them want to change to some other hosting with reasonable price for multi sites under one hosting specially US servers. Please suggest me if you have any in mind and I will take a look .. thank you so much

kdb

I moved from hostgator to siteground, and I'm happy with my decision I have about 1600+ products.

ofuroinu

I was with siteground long before but they cannot meet my requirements & moved to hostgator , now I have decided to move to interserver .

Mar

I was with siteground long before but they cannot meet my requirements & moved to hostgator , now I have decided to move to interserver .
I was with SiteGround too, it is one of the worst host provider I have tried. There is a long thread about it in this forum. There are more than 50 site owners in this forum that moved their sites to InterServer, not one regret. This is from a user who have the personal experience of InterServer.

ofuroinu

Is it safe to let them migrate for you or do it on your own? I was using cloudflare . Do I still need it with inter?

chris37

Is it safe to let them migrate for you or do it on your own? I was using cloudflare . Do I still need it with inter?
They will do it everything for you…

If you give them your cloudflare login credentials they will do that too.

ofuroinu

I was using Hostgator with php 7.3 for both of my aliwoo and alidropship sites.
Aliwoo migrated successfully via updraft except rabbit stopped working due to php not support and need to upgrade rabbit later.

Alidropship site wont let me migrate to new host it says php is set to 7.4 where as before was 7.3. But I have checked I can only change to 7.2 or 7.4 or 8 . So what should I do here? Change to 7.2? Alidropship seems cannot support 7.4

chris37

Alidropship does support 7.4 , i can not be sure why is not allow you to migrate

If I was you i will migrate to 7.2 php version and then I will l update to 7.4 .

Why didn’t migrate manual ??
Is the safest and most successful way .
If you don’t know how to do it , intereserver can do this for you.

ofuroinu

Manually do you mean compress it and download local via ftp?
Years ago I did it via ftp to clone a new store . But now my ftp wont connect hostgator , asked them they said did whitelist for me and let me wait but till now cannot login via ftp not sure why.

chris37

Manually do you mean compress it and download local via ftp?
Years ago I did it via ftp to clone a new store . But now my ftp wont connect hostgator , asked them they said did whitelist for me and let me wait but till now cannot login via ftp not sure why.

Not need the use of ftp anymore.. you can do the same from file manager and export database..

yoha03

strange issue, all my alidropship site using 7.4
can you upgrade your site to PHP 7.4 first in hostgator then you migrate to interserver?

ofuroinu

I am trying to manually import this site due to failure of updraft . Backed up database is around 650mb , I tried to import to interserver the page goes blank seems they only allow 64mb max

ofuroinu

Yeah of course but that's another thing . They have so many users sharing so how lucky would that be..;)

ofuroinu

strange issue, all my alidropship site using 7.4
can you upgrade your site to PHP 7.4 first in hostgator then you migrate to interserver?
You was right I have tested same site on hostgator after upgraded to php7.4 and it was normal. Anyway I am going FTP route just the matter of uploading time now to interserver and testing next. Updraft work best with aliwoo only I guess.

ofuroinu

Finally finally my site is up now. Self migrating consume little time but is fun.. thank you everyone