Need some help for woocom

alioop

I've installed the woocom, and OMG, i can tell you the pain is there. I've never dealt with so much config before that caused my head to explode ! This isn't the plugin but more about woocom in general.

So i will need some guidance for anyone familiar with woocom.

In woocom, variants goes into attributes, which makes it a total mess. Variants should be variants, they are unique to it's own product. But woocom thinks that if you open a shop, you are only selling 1 type of thing.

So when the plugin imports the items, they're grouped inside the same name. So for example the variant is called color, every product that we import that's color, is all grouped into 1.

This becomes a problem when you have 10 or more products that fall into a single variant name, because each item has 10 variants, and that means 100 attributes.

The other problem comes when you try to change the name of the variant. This is what happens https://i.gyazo.com/762407a75d61b057382d1fcef4c0ed8b.png

I'm sure this may be a bug somewhere i can't select or close it, only a force refresh. But the point is, you can't edit it directly, you will then need to go into the attributes and re-name it. Now imagine if you have 100 variants inside the attribute?

There are other issues ive came across too. It's not very friendly for anyone who wishes to have lots of products with lots of variations. Especially if you want to have a picture selection on the frontend.

Yaros

Staff member
You are right, there are issues with showing and editing variants and attributes. The problem is that AliExpress sellers call variations as they like and it causes such a mess. In our original AliDropship plugin we have a possibility to edit attributes and create/edit variations quickly and painless but it is not an easy trick with WoocCommerce, because it has its own functionality that is not ideal when you deal with products with plenty of product attributes and variations. But we are trying to find solutions.

kingvibez

Love The woo Aliplugin but not having a working variation system is a deal breaker ....because almost all the products i sell has variations
and the original aliplugin themes are not attractive in anyway ..... sorry to say but i think i might opt for a refund

Yaros

Staff member
Love The woo Aliplugin but not having a working variation system is a deal breaker ....because almost all the products i sell has variations
and the original aliplugin themes are not attractive in anyway ..... sorry to say but i think i might opt for a refund
it is not the problem in the plugin, the issue is with the theme you are using. It was better to contact me on skype: yarosnevsky that I could show you how it works.

Sunster

Staff member

Variation system in WooCommerce is working fine with the plugin. The WooCommerce setup is just a little weird but it works fine.

alioop

You are right, there are issues with showing and editing variants and attributes. The problem is that AliExpress sellers call variations as they like and it causes such a mess. In our original AliDropship plugin we have a possibility to edit attributes and create/edit variations quickly and painless but it is not an easy trick with WoocCommerce, because it has its own functionality that is not ideal when you deal with products with plenty of product attributes and variations. But we are trying to find solutions.

Do we already have a solution to this?