My First Trial using Alidropship...

Madcowto

Hi, I am a new purchaser of Alidropship. I am just doing my first trial of Alidropship. Now, I liked Alidropship because it has the order fulfillment part. But I am running into issues with importing the products. Here are my issues:

1) I located a supplier that I liked and wanted to work with on AliExpress. Could I pinpoint to ONLY pick up products from this one supplier during my import. I don't want multiple suppliers for 1 line of products. I only want a particular supplier. For example, I am looking at swim wears. There are so many suppliers of swim wears but I ONLY want to import the swim wears from this one supplier but my keyword search of "swim wears" returned so many suppliers. So, how do I go about fixing this? Hopefully easy.

2) Sometimes the images imported on an item have Chinese words on them. Would I need to manually edit these images and I am sure sometimes it wouldn't be that easy. Or should I think of finding a different supplier altogether with just images of the products and no Chinese words?

Madcowto

Hi, I am a new purchaser of Alidropship. I am just doing my first trial of Alidropship. Now, I liked Alidropship because it has the order fulfillment part. But I am running into issues with importing the products. Here are my issues:

1) I located a supplier that I liked and wanted to work with on AliExpress. Could I pinpoint to ONLY pick up products from this one supplier during my import. I don't want multiple suppliers for 1 line of products. I only want a particular supplier. For example, I am looking at swim wears. There are so many suppliers of swim wears but I ONLY want to import the swim wears from this one supplier but my keyword search of "swim wears" returned so many suppliers. So, how do I go about fixing this? Hopefully easy.

2) Sometimes the images imported on an item have Chinese words on them. Would I need to manually edit these images and I am sure sometimes it wouldn't be that easy. Or should I think of finding a different supplier altogether with just images of the products and no Chinese words?

3) I tried also to look at one particular product ID by importing one product at a time. It is a time consuming way but I wanted to see if that would work. I did a search on the product ID. It did not return any result with the keyword search using the product ID which is a number.

Madcowto

Question #4: How do I make sure the imported products go to the same category of say "Swim Wears" in this example on my site?

Yaros

Staff member
1. You can open all necessary product of particular supplier and import them in your site directly.
2. Yes, it's better to remove.
3. I recommend using direct import option, because internal import is based on AliExpress affiliate API that is rather poor and not return all items.
4. You need to assign categories in products section or you can use EDIT option when using direct import where you can assign category before importing a product.

Madcowto

1. You can open all necessary product of particular supplier and import them in your site directly.
2. Yes, it's better to remove.
3. I recommend using direct import option, because internal import is based on AliExpress affiliate API that is rather poor and not return all items.
4. You need to assign categories in products section or you can use EDIT option when using direct import where you can assign category before importing a product.
For question #1, if my keyword returns 1000 items, it is very time consuming to open each item to see which one from the keyword search is from the supplier I want to work with. I wonder if the search facility could be enhanced as a future upgrade not only for a product keyword search, but a search on the supplier as well. Because AliExpress has so many vendors, it is not good at all if my customer say ordered three different styles of swim wears but all come from different suppliers. The goal is not selling just a product but an entire customer experience. If the customer experience is not nurtured, no matter how great or how cheap the product is, it won't work!!! A product keyword search is great, but if there are other options that could really narrow down on the search on the supplier's name without the need to open each product to look at the info, it would be much better. Thanks.

Yaros

Staff member
Use Direct Import instead of internal importing. Internal import is based on AliExpress affiliate API. It does not return all items.

Madcowto

I have another question. For the Direct Import, once I imported the product to my site. Is the product published immediately? Right now I am just building my site and adding products so it's fine. But once my site is up and running and live, on a daily basis, I could be adding new products to the site. I would need to do edits on the newly imported products. I don't want my customers to accidentally come across the new products before I did my edits. So, when products are imported to my site, I just want to make sure that my customers are not able to see the newly imported products immediately before I have a chance to edit the info and images on the products. So, just to be sure, products imported from Alidropship are not visible to the public until I hit the "Publish" button?

Thanks.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I have another question. For the Direct Import, once I imported the product to my site. Is the product published immediately? Right now I am just building my site and adding products so it's fine. But once my site is up and running and live, on a daily basis, I could be adding new products to the site. I would need to do edits on the newly imported products. I don't want my customers to accidentally come across the new products before I did my edits. So, when products are imported to my site, I just want to make sure that my customers are not able to see the newly imported products immediately before I have a chance to edit the info and images on the products. So, just to be sure, products imported from Alidropship are not visible to the public until I hit the "Publish" button?

Thanks.
Hello, please have a look at this article: https://alidropship.com/codex/how-to-search-and-import-products/