My First Journey into Dropshipping

bingbang

Okay, so I've been interested in the dropshipping model for some time, didn't know where to start or how to go about it. The thought of contact each supplier whether it be local or in the Far East was daunting in itself, but I have taken the plunge, the first steps on my dropshipping journey.
Domain name chosen, registered and bought, ready to create my new webstore/site and geared up to fire up the Alidropship plugin.
Wish me luck guys!

SEOgunhar

I wish you a lot of succes bingbang, we can all learn from eachother. We have all 1 goal: make a lot of money on a legit way!

bingbang

Is it best you set up social media accounts under your main personal account or create brand new accounts with your store names?

I think with FB you do but not sure about Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram.

bingbang

Been reading whether I am in breach of trademark infringements at https://funkygearonline.com which lists wall stickers from movies.
Am I in breach?
I do see a lot of sellers at Amazon / eBay selling this type of product, so not sure and I am confused.

Yaros

Staff member
Been reading whether I am in breach of trademark infringements at https://funkygearonline.com which lists wall stickers from movies.
Am I in breach?
I do see a lot of sellers at Amazon / eBay selling this type of product, so not sure and I am confused.
Exactly, all the same items on Amazon and Ebay:) Furthermore, the number of such items is bigger on Amazon than AliExpress now.

Last edited:

theflowhacker

did you contact the seller on aliexpress or did you just add the products and maybe photoshop the pictures and edit text a little?

bingbang

did you contact the seller on aliexpress or did you just add the products and maybe photoshop the pictures and edit text a little?
Hi flowhacker, yes I have contacted each supplier, all fully aware of my dropshipping intentions and hopefully will create a long-lasting relationship with them. Yes, I had to edit ALL the listings as the descriptions and sometimes the screenshots were of poor quality.

theflowhacker

thanks for info! one last question if you dont mind... how did you contact the seller? did you send a message through ali, or did you search up the manufacturer site? or maybe you called the seller? all help is absolutely appreciated, sorry for asking a lot questions, but I almost just got started and have my plugin up and running without no products yet because I was confused if I just pull the trigger and import products right away or contact seller first

theflowhacker

by the way, nice site you got there! I liked the niche you targeting.. bet you would have a lot of sales specially from the peoples that are redecorating their homes etc... and young people students etc that are moving out for studies etc... they often rent apartments and often are the owners of the apartments strict and does not allow to hang something on the wall.. so your stickers spices up the boring wall

bingbang

I am up to the point where I am starting to promote the
thanks for info! one last question if you dont mind... how did you contact the seller? did you send a message through ali, or did you search up the manufacturer site? or maybe you called the seller? all help is absolutely appreciated, sorry for asking a lot questions, but I almost just got started and have my plugin up and running without no products yet because I was confused if I just pull the trigger and import products right away or contact seller first

I contacted the seller via AE, but before I did, I made sure the Seller rating was above a certain percentage to ensure and insure that a good vendor was to be used.
Oh, thanks for the feedback.
What is your webstore and niche?

theflowhacker

thanks for the info and help! my last question: did you just contact the seller via messages in AE?

Its a good feeling to connect with same minded people, and have common goal! to achieve success!
I hope you really do well and looking forward to see you succeed! fun and motivation to see others succeed, and of course help and share the success with others that are on the same path!

my webstore is called guavano, I started at squarespace and was doing stock-n-load business model but found really quick out that dropshipping was more viable so I changed to wordpress and installed alidropship plugin. My niche is jewelry and fashion, I am targeting business people.