My AlidropShip Journey

Yan

Hey guys, Yan from France. :)

I just bought the alidropship a few days ago. I'm still in the process of fleshing out my site.

My goal for this thread is to serve as a journal and to share with you guys what is and what is not working.

Current goal: First sale!

Last edited:

Peter

Hey Yan, goodluck on your first sale, won't be long I have no doubt.

Site looks clean and responsive. I like the way your products display when I select one on the home page.

May I ask if you bought the store from alidrop ship team? If so, they did a great job.

Reactions: Yan

Alessandro

Hello Yan,

Bonne chance pour tes premières ventes (je suis de Belgique).
Wish you luck and your website looks awesome !

Yan

Hey Yan, goodluck on your first sale, won't be long I have no doubt.

Site looks clean and responsive. I like the way your products display when I select one on the home page.

May I ask if you bought the store from alidrop ship team? If so, they did a great job.

Hi Peter, no I just bought the plugin and I did the store myself. Thank you. :)

jubran

Good luck out there!

Here's 3 things you need to fix as soon as possible to make your first sale:
1. Have a valid working SSL
2. Instead of writing I love one piece for the credit card payment gate at the cart page, simple write Credit Card... This looks suspicious
3. Make your website load faster. It loads very slow. I assume you're on Shared hosting of Hostgator so if you really looking to make a living out of this, move a hosting company NOW but first try to optimize Wordpress.

One more thing is to remove the watermark brand name from the products

Yan

Hi Jubran,

Thanks a lot for the suggestions!

1. Do you know where I can buy a good valid working SSL? I was looking at using the free one on cloudflare and buy one when I get some cash flowing into the business.

2. I'll fix that. I put it just for branding purposes.

3. Can you share a good hosting company that is not expensive? I'm on a tight budget.

What do you mean by the watermark brand name from the products?

Thanks again bro!! :)

jubran

Hi Jubran,

Thanks a lot for the suggestions!

1. Do you know where I can buy a good valid working SSL? I was looking at using the free one on cloudflare and buy one when I get some cash flowing into the business.

2. I'll fix that. I put it just for branding purposes.

3. Can you share a good hosting company that is not expensive? I'm on a tight budget.

What do you mean by the watermark brand name from the products?

Thanks again bro!! :)
Cloudflare should be enough!
Other than that, you can go with SiteGround, they also use Let's Encrypt SSL for all the plans so it's free SSL but the plans aren't the cheapest but definitely one of the best or in my opinion the best shared hosting plans.

Yan

Cloudflare should be enough!
Other than that, you can go with SiteGround, they also use Let's Encrypt SSL for all the plans so it's free SSL but the plans aren't the cheapest but definitely one of the best or in my opinion the best shared hosting plans.

Thank you I'll try cloudflare for now and switch to siteground or another host when I have some cash flowing into the business. :)

MQis

Hi MQis, I added paypal and stripe. :)
Hi again :)
Did u really get a STRIPE as payment gateaway? I heard they are very strict about copyright issue? I wonder if One Piece has no issue regarding copyright?
Is country where u live support STRIPE?

Sorry for so many questions asked.. haha

Yan

Hi again :)
Did u really get a STRIPE as payment gateaway? I heard they are very strict about copyright issue? I wonder if One Piece has no issue regarding copyright?
Is country where u live support STRIPE?

Sorry for so many questions asked.. haha

I think so. I don't know about any copyright issues. I created a stripe accound and had to provide all counts of documents and numbers: My ID card, Social security number, telephone check, sole proprietorship number, tax number, etc.

I live in France by the way. :)

Yan

Day 2:

I'm still fleshing out my site. Had a problem with dns verification with mailgun. Solved it. Added a zendesk chat. Added cloudflare.

I'm building my facebook fan page.

I went from 98 likes on a dormant facebook page with only 1 post to 1046 Likes and 1160 Follows in 1 day only. I hope to reach 10K likes by the end of this month. I'm just focusing on facebook for the moment before getting down to instagram. And it is all organic.

I had 90 visitors to the site (about 50 from here) and my first 2 abandoned carts.

Attachments

• Facebook.png
    Facebook.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

jubran

Good job! Pretty motivated guy, I am sure you'll make it soon :)

BTW, I didn't really look at your page but many people tend to advertise for India / Asian low CPC countries to get likes but if you do this, you probably shouldn't as Facebook ads won't work the best for you then.

Yan

Good job! Pretty motivated guy, I am sure you'll make it soon :)

BTW, I didn't really look at your page but many people tend to advertise for India / Asian low CPC countries to get likes but if you do this, you probably shouldn't as Facebook ads won't work the best for you then.

Thanks a lot bro! :)

I'm not spending any money on advertising yet. I'm still learning and testing things out. I have just put a video on my page and shared it where I can. I'm trying to build an audience first.

I'm also working on the site. It is not fully done yet. A few kinks to work out. Hope to get my first sale soon! :) Btw do you have a page where you are sharing your journey?

jubran

Thanks a lot bro! :)

I'm not spending any money on advertising yet. I'm still learning and testing things out. I have just put a video on my page and shared it where I can. I'm trying to build an audience first.

I'm also working on the site. It is not fully done yet. A few kinks to work out. Hope to get my first sale soon! :) Btw do you have a page where you are sharing your journey?
Good job so far :)

Well not yet!

Yan

Day 3:

Hit an obstacle. Facebook blocked me from sharing in groups for 1 week. I'm trying to find new ways of building my page. Still has a target of 10K but I think it will take me at least a month.

Working on individual product on the site. Cleaning images, checking reviews, checking seller, adding a good description, fixing prices.

My site has a serious loading issue. I'm currently on a shared hosting at hostgator. Seriously considering moving to siteground as told by Jubran or using the hosting on alidropship. I'll wait till black friday to find a new host. Any suggestions from you guys?

Current goal: Still hustling for the first sale!