Is Content Necessary thing for eCOmmerce Websites?

magyy

Hello. I hope you guys are fine and enjoying sound health. I have a question, after reading "Google Last September core update", I think the content should need to be published on eCommerce websites as well. Because Google has been talking about content guidelines now. There is no such backlinks core update we have seen for a long time. what do you guys think? But if the content is so important for google, then why it is sending thousands of visitors to big eCommerce sites such as daraz, shopsy, and shopbot as these sites don't write blog content. What do you guys say about it?

GoLogin

Just setting up your website and listing your products won’t gonna deliver appropriate results for you as there are of various E-commerce portals. It becomes quite tricky for novice E-commerce website owners to earn a healthy ROI and higher online sales. They first need to establish a unique presence on the web and this is where content marketing comes into play. A well-executed content marketing strategy can help you attract the targeted web traffic to your E-commerce website with ease. This can help you generate quality leads, boost your conversion, grow your social media traffic and increase your online sales.

chris37

Just setting up your website and listing your products won’t gonna deliver appropriate results for you as there are of various E-commerce portals. It becomes quite tricky for novice E-commerce website owners to earn a healthy ROI and higher online sales. They first need to establish a unique presence on the web and this is where content marketing comes into play. A well-executed content marketing strategy can help you attract the targeted web traffic to your E-commerce website with ease. This can help you generate quality leads, boost your conversion, grow your social media traffic and increase your online sales.
That right!!! From where you copy that? ;)

Gaharit

In simple terms, content is necessary in order for Google to better understand what your site is and what people you can recommend it to. Also, SEO optimization is a very important part of this process. Thanks to SEO, the traffic of your site will increase many times. You should also pay attention to such a process as ecommerce web development. Few companies provide truly high-quality services of this nature right now, so you should only choose trusted sources. There are a huge number of cases where updating the code or design of the site literally gave it a second life. I hope you can find a solution to your problem. Good luck!

Last edited:

EdnaW

Hello. I hope you guys are fine and enjoying sound health. I have a question, after reading "Google Last September core update", I think the content should need to be published on eCommerce websites as well. Because Google has been talking about content guidelines now. There is no such backlinks core update we have seen for a long time. what do you guys think? But if the content is so important for google, then why it is sending thousands of visitors to big eCommerce sites such as daraz, shopsy, and shopbot as these sites don't write blog content. What do you guys say about it?
I know this is a relatively old thread, but I think the answer to this question is more timely because Google just recently rolled out the Core Web Vitals which heavily take into account user experience and satisfaction when visiting a website. When a user extends their stay on your site for a prolonged period of time–whether it's on your store or your blog/article section, this gives the go-signal to the algorithm to crawl your content even more which could potentially lead to sales.

Gathering content is not that difficult nowadays too! You can opt to hire freelances and ghostwriters on sites like Fiverr or Upwork for a cheap price. Try to make a brand for yourself and publish the content in your name–it not only makes you look more knowledgable, but it actually puts a face to the information they're reading. You just need to work out on getting your writers to sign a Unilateral Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) to make sure they don't republish your content anywere. The best part is, most of the content generation process can be automated from the top, down. If you don't know how to make your own NDAs, you can automate them through online platforms. The hiring process is something you need to do on your own though unless you plan on hiring someone else. The content can be generated through AI as well using famous software like GPT-3 or Conversion.ai. Everything is much more straightforward and achievable nowadays.

QueenBris

Of course, it is! I firmly believe that good content is one of the most necessary things for ecommerce websites.

Of course, it is! I firmly believe that good content is one of the most necessary things for ecommerce websites. I don't know how you guys feel about it, but I will usually find the exact description everywhere whenever I look for a product online. As for me, I find it very frustrating, and I don't usually return to such websites. Authenticity is the key. Also, if you're interested in optimizing product content for Google Search, you could click here. You will also learn more about how to grow your online business. I hope you'll find this helpful!

Last edited:
I have to disagree with GoLogin! Nowadays, the audience isn't that simple as it used to be. Now, we all need more stuff to see and touch. That's why even eCommerce Websites have to generate some sort of content. The more, or the better content you generate, the more people would be attracted by your platform, which will get you more sales. That's how it works nowadays. Besides that, you shouldn't forget about terms and conditions. I recommend you generate them on termshub.io. It's the best method to get the most relevant words for your website.

Last edited:

Tia Roy

While this is an old thread, I find the question is still relevant today. While it may seem unnecessary for new eCommerce websites to pay attention to creating content while focusing on generating sales, paying attention to content can actually lead to brand awareness, and in turn influence sales. There are various types of content one can develop, not necessarily a blog. However, blogs aid in increasing the SEO value of the website via building backlinks as well as promoting your products especially for B2C businesses. In this case, your blog ranking would bring traffic to your website, and also bring more brand awareness to your potential shoppers.

Coming back to the usefulness of content, many analysts have found that eCommerce content marketing can generate leads leading to potential conversion, educate customers and establish a relationship with them. From the customers perspective, all the above functions drive immense value. Adding a How To Use section or product videos or FAQ Pages are compelling resources that help ease customers into trying your products with adequate information. For example, adding a photo gallery for home decor websites is a great way to enhance brand visibility and entice shoppers to actually purchase products that will fit the environment at home.

I believe every popular eCommerce website has some form of content strategy to deploy. If not inbuilt in the website, newsletters and mailers are good strategies to keep your loyal customers anticipating your new products or informing your new customers about your offers. You can even display user generated content such as reviews in your social media stories to drive more eyes to your website.

Google keeps a tab on the actions your customers take on your website, which is also what drives up the domain authority (user experience being one of the factors). In fact, you can use content right from the beginning of designing your website to improve the vital ranking factor- user experience. So, instead of tailoring your content to suit your products, you tailor content according to the taste and preference of your customers and with the aim to give them the best website or page experience. For example, UX marketing copies are precise with loads of information and no fluff. Employing UX writing to describe the smallest buttons and icons on your website to create guidelines, content can become the driving force that bridges the gap between your website interface and potential customers. Content in this case becomes the communication key between you and your customers!

So, content has become an integral part of the eCommerce industry, and it's in the best interest of any eCommerce website to effectively use content.​

apparelpulsar

Well, even though content is crucial and is needed to search engines to understand what your website is all about, there's one more metric which helps it understand information on a site. This is, as you've mentioned, backlinks and links outgoing from your website. They link your website with other thematical web resources and give yours a lot of weight. The more products are linked with each other, the better your site is indexed.
Content is the second important metric. When you enter keywords into your text and picture descriptions, it gives search bots an opportunity to comprehend the main idea of your pages and lets your website raise in search results.

leafsweetrolls

I think having a blog is essential for any eCommerce due to the importance of a low bounce rate and UCG. Hence, allowing people to post comments is a necessity, though policing that section will be a recurring task. At the same time, one can promote their latest article on socials and track each URL's progress via Ahrefs or moz. If an article is gaining popularity, it can be used as the basis for building a favor-for-a-favor relationship with another domain (or earn you a "free" backlink). Thus, developing a blog section opens up a lot of possibilities for improving your SEO metrics that are perhaps too valuable to pass on...

Last edited: