IonCube for PHP 7.2 installed, yet AliWOO 7.2 not detecting it

ronrontheonly

First installation of AliWOO on my wordpress website :

Create a phpinfo.php file, checked my PHP version with it :
PHP Version 7.2.9

So I get the AliWOO for Ioncube 7.2, upload to my website, activate it

Answer :
"Ooops! ionCube Loader Not found. Please check instructions ."

Followed all instructions in the link, installed ioncube loader and checked its intallation on my wordpress website.

The phpinfo.php now clearly states the presence of ionCube :
"with the ionCube PHP Loader (enabled) + Intrusion Protection from ioncube24.com (unconfigured) v10.2.4, Copyright (c) 2002-2018, by ionCube Ltd."

Checking AliWoo plugin :

Do I deactivate, reactivate it.

Still the answer :

Redownload, re-upload, reactivate it :

No doublt IonCube is installed. I spent 2 hours and a half on installing AliWoo and still can t use it.

What is happening ? Why does it says that when IonCube is clearly installed ? Thanks in advance for any help.

ronrontheonly

So I explored more on the problem, in the README.txt file of IonCubes it says that :

For the installation, I need to launch the :

"Launch the Loader Wizard script in your browser. For example:
http://yourdomain/ioncube/loader-wizard.php"

After installing it, it returned a successful installation for the IonCube Loader as shown in the image enclosed at the end :

STILL after this I get the message

So I de-activated and re activated it and I still get :

The IonCube message clearly states :

"Please contact the script provider if you do experience any problems running encoded files."

So that s what I do right now basically.

It also states :

"Please note that if encoded files in a different directory from the Wizard fail then you should attempt to copy the php.ini file to each directory in which you have encoded files."

So I have being copying the "php.ini" file in the AliDropshipWoo plugin folder, it didn t work, so I copied it more than 40 times in each sub folder of the AliDropshipWoo... STILL THE SAME ERROR

So I have been trying to install your plugin for 4 hours now. In addition to a potential solution for this problem, I would like an email address for a refund please, if it happens that you don t find a solution or if it does not work. Because this is just not ok to buy a plugin and to have a tutorial that just does not work on how to install the plugin. Thank you.

Script provider.PNG

ronrontheonly

BTW I reinstalled my whole website in PHP version 7.1, IonCube Loader version 7.1, AliDropshipWoo for Ioncube 7.1, and check that IonCube Loader is correctly installed, and the exact same error appears..

And I now am 100% sure that it can t be a PHP compatibility error from the website : AliDropShipWoo checks the PHP compatibility BEFORE the IonCube loader, and throw a message that the wrong AliDropship woo is installed.

(Now 6 hours into the installation of AliDropShip Woo, I am more than disappointed at that point)

Mar

BTW I reinstalled my whole website in PHP version 7.1, IonCube Loader version 7.1, AliDropshipWoo for Ioncube 7.1, and check that IonCube Loader is correctly installed, and the exact same error appears..

And I now am 100% sure that it can t be a PHP compatibility error from the website : AliDropShipWoo checks the PHP compatibility BEFORE the IonCube loader, and throw a message that the wrong AliDropship woo is installed.

(Now 6 hours into the installation of AliDropShip Woo, I am more than disappointed at that point)
With all your troubles, have you get in touch with your hosting service? Remember that the plugin is installed by so many users and they have no problem.

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

DOWNLOAD PLUGIN
(IonCube Loader for php 7.2+ version)"

The fact that you are installing that yourself rather than your host makes me think that you are either ...

1. Running your own online server ... in which case all the problems are your fault and not the plugin's fault.
2. Running an offline WAMP style server on your computer ... in which case, installing Alidropship plugin won't work.

If in fact you are using a hosting service ... contact their support. There have been other instances of Ioncube not being correctly activated on other hosts and the problem has been resolved by the users contacting the host. I'm surprised this wasn't your first action ... unless point number 1 above applies.

I would like an email address for a refund please, if it happens that you don t find a solution or if it does not work. Because this is just not ok to buy a plugin and to have a tutorial that just does not work on how to install the plugin.

The instructions for installing the Alidropship plugin DO work. At least for several thousand others. That would indicate that the problem is with you or your website host. Hardly an excuse to demand a refund in bold, loud writing ... lol :)

BUT ... Installing Ioncube on whatever server you are talking about is NOT an Alidropship issue ... it's an issue with whoever is running the server you are on. Whoever they are ... they're incompetent and you should be loudly demanding a refund from them if they can't resolve the matter ... and move to another host.

Unless of course it's you running your own server ... in which case you need to study more on how to set it up correctly, or give up and use a paid host.

:)

Last edited:

ronrontheonly

I have been reading you both carefully :

- "With all your troubles, have you get in touch with your hosting service? Remember that the plugin is installed by so many users and they have no problem."

I followed carefully all the steps in your official guide and all the signs that the plugin works are there but hey, I guess that s the only thing I didn t do so I m trying it right now.

- "The fact that you are installing that yourself rather than your host makes me think that you are either ...
1. Running your own online server ... in which case all the problems are your fault and not the plugin's fault.
2. Running an offline WAMP style server on your computer ... in which case, installing Alidropship plugin won't work.
"

No and no, my host is 1 and 1 (in case you don t know about them 1 and one is not a little host provider, it s one of the biggest hosting providers in Europe) , my website has SSL enabled, and is live.

- "I would like an email address for a refund please, if it happens that you don t find a solution or if it does not work
The instructions for installing the Alidropship plugin DO work. At least for several thousand others. That would indicate that the problem is with you or your website host. Hardly an excuse to demand a refund in bold, loud writing ... lol :)"

If you read carefully, you ll see that I wasn't asking for a refund, but for the adress to contact for a refund, if your solution doesnt work.

If you buy an Iphone and it doesnt work, the service guys tell you "Oh but they work for thousands of others" sure, but if it doesn t work in your case, is it reasonable to ask for a refund ? I think yes.

The fact that even the contact of a refund hasn t been given is not a good sign so far. But hey, I m still hopeful I can use AliDropship Woo one day. But as the contact hasn't been given here I will ask the question of the money back in another thread, if I dont find a similar thread, because it can be useful to everyone who has a problem and AliDropshipWoo shouldn't have a problem with since they look like an honest company.

-"BUT ... Installing Ioncube on whatever server you are talking about is NOT an Alidropship issue ... "
The IonCube install validation message clearly states :
"Please contact the script provider if you do experience any problems running encoded files."

The host is not the script provider here. And AliDropship Woo is still blocked, so what am I supposed to do ?
I will try the last

-"or give up and use a paid host."
See answer above. 1&1 is a paid host.

- Finally, at no point in any of your messages you acknowledeged even a shadow of responsability from the AliDropship Woo plugin. Do you consider your plugin perfect ? If a client has a problem with it, it is instantly their falt ? I don t know if you conscienciously give this impression or not, but that's clearly the sentiment I have when reading you.

Direct Webstore

my host is 1 and 1 (in case you don t know about them 1 and one is not a little host provider, it s one of the biggest hosting providers in Europe)
Wow ... now they just have to activate ioncube on PHP7.2 correctly and they will be amongst the capable providers too! :)

If you read carefully, you ll see that I wasn't asking for a refund, but for the adress to contact for a refund,
Pedantic and irrelevant.

If you buy an Iphone and it doesnt work, the service guys tell you "Oh but they work for thousands of others" sure, but if it doesn t work in your case, is it reasonable to ask for a refund ? I think yes.
If there is nothing wrong with the phone but the the mobile network has a technical problem and you don't contact them about it ... No. It's not reasonable to ask for a refund.

But as the contact hasn't been given here I will ask the question of the money back in another thread
We are just members here like you. It is not "our" plugin. This forum is a "members forum" ... if you want to contact Alidopship do so via the email address on the email you received when you bought the plugin. It's not hidden. There is no conspiracy. In case you have deleted the email with your licence key etc ... it's, support@alidropship.com

The host is not the script provider here. And AliDropship Woo is still blocked, so what am I supposed to do ?
What you should have done before you started this over the top drama ... contact your web host. Simple as that.
As to why you are trying to install ioncube on 1 and 1 is beyond me. I'm afraid you have wasted your money. Again ... contact your host.

Finally, at no point in any of your messages you acknowledeged even a shadow of responsability from the AliDropship Woo plugin.
Again .. it's not "my" plugin. I'm a member and customer in a members forum. This in not the place to contact Aliexpress support, even if they do read this forum sometimes.

Do you consider your plugin perfect ?
So far it's working flawlessly for me ... but nothing in the world is "perfect" ... but it's close to it.

If a client has a problem with it, it is instantly their falt ?
No. Not instantly ... but if thousands don't have a problem and one does ... it's logical to presume that. But in this case it's a combination of a web host not configuring things correctly and their customer not contacting them about it.

I don t know if you conscienciously give this impression or not, but that's clearly the sentiment I have when reading you.
You're right. Your impression that I think there is no problem with the plugin is correct. And I say that quite consciously. There is no problem with the plugin. It works fantastically well on all 7 of my stores. I guess I'm just tired of seeing a few people here blaming the plugin when they have a problem that has nothing at all to do with the plugin.

The problem is with your "biggest and best" web host in Europe. Just contact them for God's sake! I find it hard to believe that you STILL haven't done so and instead are wasting your time being melodramatic here.

And try and get a refund for that ioncube loader you wasted your money on.

Last edited:

Mar

- Finally, at no point in any of your messages you acknowledeged even a shadow of responsability from the AliDropship Woo plugin. Do you consider your plugin perfect ? If a client has a problem with it, it is instantly their falt ? I don t know if you conscienciously give this impression or not, but that's clearly the sentiment I have when reading you.
I have seen so much of this ionCube Loader issue in this forum. All, I mean all not some was resolved by getting in touch with their hosting service. It is either the hosting service support activated ionCube Loader or the user moved their site because the hosting service don't support ionCube Loader. Either case, it will not happen if the users did not contact their hosting service. When buying a plan, especially if from a hosting service not known with Alidropship sites, that is one of the important questions users including me ask if they support the PHP version and the compatible ionCube Loader required for the plugin. Meaning when the time come, it is their responsibility to resolve problems like this.

To answer your question if the plugin is perfect, certainly not, and there is no perfect plugin anywhere. But this problem is definitely not a problem of the plugin, rather the problem is your making.

ronrontheonly

Okay so thanks for your answers,

As I already answered I have contacted my host for the installation of IonCube.

Answers to your messages :

Direct webstore :

-"If you read carefully, you ll see that I wasn't asking for a refund, but for the adress to contact for a refund,"

"Pedantic and irrelevant.
"

Asking for an email address in advance for a service not provided is planning in advance, that s what I clearly asked for. You were talking about an "excuse for a refund". You may have read it too quickly, that s not a big mistake, but I was clarifying the situation for you.

Oh and remember that using "pedantic" is quite rude. Keep that in mind for your future contact with your clients, like if they ask for a refund. Answer them like that, they migh have a bad opinion of you.

-"If you buy an Iphone and it doesnt work, the service guys tell you "Oh but they work for thousands of others" sure, but if it doesn t work in your case, is it reasonable to ask for a refund ? I think yes."

If you don't know how to turn it on ... no."

I followed the AliDropship Official Guide. It didn t work. I retried it a total of 4 times now. I signalled my problem to the support staff of this website 2 times (and got no answer). Then I contacted people on this support forum, got no answer that resolved my problem yet.

If your Iphone doesn t turn on even if you followed all the official guides on it, and if after following any other instructions by the staff the Iphone doesn t turn on, you should still pay for it ? Sorry, it sounds like an unfair commercial policy to me. Furthermore selling a defecting product is punishable by law in many countries, so whether.

By the way if you re not conscious about it, it is also quite rude as the comparison seems far fetched, to volontarily diminish me. First, as the example is caricatured, it doesn t sound well meaning or oriented towards a solution. Second it seems also rude because as this looks like diminishing me, you in turn sounds extremely haughty. Careful, this way of formulating your answers won t bring you friendly answers most of the time.

- "The host is not the script provider here. And AliDropship Woo is still blocked, so what am I supposed to do ?
What you should have done before you started this over the top drama ... "

Again if you pay for something, wouldn't you expect it to work ? You consider the basic use of the product I bought drama ? By many standards it is called basic service client.

"As to why you are trying to install ioncube on 1 and 1 is beyond me. I'm afraid you have wasted your money. Again ... contact your host."

I dont know what the wasted money here refers to. I didnt bought IonCube, it never indicated that nowhere in the tutorial ? Or you are referring to AliDropship Woo ? I m confused.

"Finally, at no point in any of your messages you acknowledeged even a shadow of responsability from the AliDropship Woo plugin.

Again .. it's not "my" plugin. I'm a member and customer in a members forum. This in not the place to contact Aliexpress support, even if they do read this forum sometimes.
"

I sent 2 messages to the support and got no answer yet.

"I guess I'm just tired of seeing a few people here blaming the plugin when they have a problem that has nothing at all to do with the plugin."

I really understand, but I hope you can understand that as a new user, the experience has not been great so far as I simply can t even start to use it. The fact that many users posted a thread about IonCube indicated that maybe a better explanation or tutorial on this element would be a useful addition to AliDropShip.

Mar :

"I have seen so much of this ionCube Loader issue in this forum."

Yes me too ! So as I said before a more detailed tuturial would solve many people s problems and save you threads and time ^^

"All, I mean all not some was resolved by getting in touch with their hosting service. "

As stated in my last message I am currently interacting with my host provider to install IonCube, it might be done today so I may post an update today if it effectively gets done...

Direct Webstore

I followed the AliDropship Official Guide. It didn t work. I retried it a total of 4 times now.
Because it has nothing to do with web hosts configuring their ioncube correctly. It's like blaming the docs for setting up your computer and it "doesn't work" when it's the electricity company that has turned off your power.

You don't seem to be able to grasp this one key fact. Anyway ... continue stubbornly blaming Alidropship's plugin guide on your hosts ioncube problems if it's makes you feel better. To me it's just annoying ... so I'm outta here.

Good luck.

Last edited:

ronrontheonly

'Good luck with your host's support. :)'

Thanks !

But just to know, as you have 7 websites, did you contact you host everytime for the installation ? I plan to open another after this one.

ronrontheonly

So finally had an employee from my hosting provider,

I explained him each and every step went throught, with screenshots (because for the 4th installation I did it to show my strict following of the tutorials, both from AliDropShip and the 1&1 tutorials for ionCube (they had one on their website)

They told me they couldn t see any problem with the installation. Then they told me that maybe I had to copy th php.ini file to every subfolder of the plugin instead of just the main folder of the plugin. They provided me with a script to do so. I did it, still didn t work..

So they told me to wait for tomorrow to ask their technical team.

As I was desperate and had nothing left to try, I tried applying the same script to my whole website.

And it finally worked. So actually you have to add the php.ini file to every single one folder and subfolder of your website to make it work.

ronrontheonly

So intructions for anyone who followed the tutorial but still have the Ioncube loader not found error :

1) Check that all the previous steps were completed

I.E. make sure you used the compatible versions for your PHP version

(In all the instructions I give, you will have to replace "yourwebsite" by your domain name + domain extention (.com for example))

Opening yourwebsite/phpinfo.php should show :1.PNG7.PNG

Last edited:

ronrontheonly

Check that you have the php.ini file at the root of your website (it should be the case if you have successfully done the last steps)
Then you can follow the steps of this tutorial to create the script to put also in the root of your website :

https://translate.google.com/transl...phpini-dans-tous-les-repertoires-a703438.html

I put a translated link, the original page is in french, if the script doesnt work it could have been because the tranlation changed the script to copy paste too, so go to the nono translated page to get the proper script :

https://assistance.1and1.fr/heberge...phpini-dans-tous-les-repertoires-a703438.html

Then you launch the script by typing yourwebsite/copyphpini.php

It should show a page with many lines, and a "Done" at the end, signifying that the script executed well

This is what worked for me, hopefully it will be of use for others.

Direct Webstore

So actually you have to add the php.ini file to every single one folder and subfolder of your website to make it work.

Complete 100% absolute rubbish. It seems your "biggest web host" in Europe is totally incompetent. Nobody else has had to do that. Even the smallest host should be able to configure ioncube for any PHP version correctly. Unless there is something else you are not telling us that has nothing to do with your host. I suggest moving to another host before you have any further problems. Which I predict you will.

This is what worked for me, hopefully it will be of use for others.
I seriously doubt it. To anyone reading this ... just ignore this total piece of overly dramatic rubbish. Just contact your hopefully competent host and ask them to configure ioncube for your chosen PHP version ... like countless others have before. Do NOT waste your money by buying that ioncube loader like this guy did. You'll be wasting your money.

No doubt he will be back here replying that I don't know what I'm talking about ... but after over 15 years of web mastering ... I actually do. The technician at his web host is totally incompetent. 1000% fact.
'

Last edited: