Information about custom duty/tax in india

Amit

Hi I am from India and i am planning to buy plugin i want to know what is the custom duty/tax on Chinese goods in India(for buyers) as my store will be operational from India and majority buyer may come from India especially for products say below 50 USD also what shall be the procedure for paying tax if any.

kingpin

hi Amit

custome duties or taxes are category dependant.

selling in India is not actually that fruitful for some reasons.

people ask for Cash on Delivery
shipping from China to India is horrible

30 to 45 days.

people can get the same products easily and cheap in local markets in India. But still it you want to focus on Indian markets you should sell stuffs that are cheap in pricing on aliexpress so that buyers on your store don't mind waiting for month for the delivery.

dropshipping from aliexpress is best for countries where epacket shipping is available.

regards

Amit

Thanks a ton...i am planning to get into apparel category..can you give me an idea about custom duty in this category?

kingpin

Thanks a ton...i am planning to get into apparel category..can you give me an idea about custom duty in this category?

Indian custom officers charge depending on the perceive value of a product in Indian soil.
many times they dont charge sometime they charge more than what is required
Nalayak hai sab :p

just sell products that are below 2000 INR and tell your aliexpress supplier to mark the parcel as a gift. your buyer doesn't need to pay any custom duties in this case.

regards!

Reactions: pkb

Amit

Thanks i will keep these things in mind :)...also is it true that with new custom policies now suppliers can not mark anything as 'gift'

kingpin

Thanks i will keep these things in mind :)...also is it true that with new custom policies now suppliers can not mark anything as 'gift'

i have no idea about this new policies.

I sell in US and other countries where epacket shipping is available.

I sell in India sometime though

regards