import shipping price

ilan316

is it possible for the plugin to import shipping price as it imports the item price?

can I set it to import only the cheapest shipping price if USA ?

Mar

is it possible for the plugin to import shipping price as it imports the item price?

This is requested many times in the past. If it is possible, it should have been implemented long time ago. The reason is because products have different shipping cost to different countries. The shipping cost is only known when a product is added to cart with its delivery address. There is no way shipping cost is known during import of the product.

ilan316

This is requested many times in the past. If it is possible, it should have been implemented long time ago. The reason is because products have different shipping cost to different countries. The shipping cost is only known when a product is added to cart with its delivery address. There is no way shipping cost is known during import of the product.

why?
in the product page, I'm already selecting the country,
why would I select a country, and then I will change the delivery address to other country.

i don't see the point in doing that

Mar

why?
in the product page, I'm already selecting the country,
why would I select a country, and then I will change the delivery address to other country.

i don't see the point in doing that
I don't see how a country can be selected in the product page. When a product is added to cart, the destination country will be added also, that is the ONLY time shipping cost will be known according to the destination country. It is very clear. If you don't understand it, I don't believe you will understand further explanation.

Getford

you have to get a special plugin for that called alishipping. it does the work for you.. The original plugin doesnt have that exclusive feature.
asides using the product filters in aliexpress, this situation isnt possible,Once you import the product, alishipping will import all shipping methods for you. probably you can directly suggest this non-existing feature to the support team

Mar

you have to get a special plugin for that called alishipping. it does the work for you.. The original plugin doesnt have that exclusive feature.
Even with that add-on, shipping cost is only known when a product is added to cart. There is no way shipping cost is known without shipping destination country, much less during import of the product.

Mar

Once you import the product, alishipping will import all shipping methods for you. probably you can directly suggest this non-existing feature to the support team
Alishipping will import all shipping methods of AliExpress. But the add-on will apply shipping methods only when there is a destination country, and that is when a product is added to cart.

Getford

Alishipping will import all shipping methods of AliExpress. But the add-on will apply shipping methods only when there is a destination country, and that is when a product is added to cart.
ofcouse.. i wasn't disputing this fact though... Although one could also Calculate shipping methods directly from the product page by downloading the woo Shipping calculator plugin which works fine with alishipping. Its shortcode can be added to the product page. that is for those using alidropship woo

Mar

ofcouse.. i wasn't disputing this fact though... Although one could also Calculate shipping methods directly from the product page by downloading the woo Shipping calculator plugin which works fine with alishipping. Its shortcode can be added to the product page. that is for those using alidropship woo
I haven't tried that plugin, but I believe it can only calculate if there is shipping destination country. If there is not, what would be the basis of the calculation?

ilan316

isn't that called a shipping destination country?o_O

Attachments

• 350_500_750_1000_Ml_BPA_free_Thermos_Double_layer_Insulation_Vacuum_Bottle_Stainless_Steel_Wat...png
    350_500_750_1000_Ml_BPA_free_Thermos_Double_layer_Insulation_Vacuum_Bottle_Stainless_Steel_Wat...png
    378.9 KB · Views: 24

ilan316

can you send a link to woo Shipping calculator plug in ?
i can not find it

chris37

Are you sure is working, how this plugin do that?
Is connected with aliexpress shipping method?
And if yes how is know to which product is will apply the shipping method if not the one bring it in the site first?

Don't get me wrong, I don't try to play clever here , I am really interesting do know if you really try it and you have successfully add shipping method with this plugin same us is on aliexpress .

Mar

isn't that called a shipping destination country?o_O
Yes, that is the shipping destination country in AliExpress product page and that is the basis of shipping cost even without adding the product to cart. That is in AliExpress, not in our stores. During the beta test of Shipping Product AliExpress add-on, I suggested to have it, but for technical reason the team cannot add it. So again, shipping cost will be known only with shipping destination country selected. In our store, you have to add the product to cart.

Getford

Are you sure is working, how this plugin do that?
Is connected with aliexpress shipping method?
And if yes how is know to which product is will apply the shipping method if not the one bring it in the site first?

Don't get me wrong, I don't try to play clever here , I am really interesting do know if you really try it and you have successfully add shipping method with this plugin same us is on aliexpress .
1594323770296.png

As you can see from my site, it displays alishipping methods because its as been saved as default shipping method on woocommerce settings.. So it easily displays shipping method for selected countries.. Note that this plugin works for only those using alidropshipwoo.:(

chris37

Hi @Getford Is must to be add(shortcode) to each product page individual?

Getford

does it take the shipping price from aliexpress ?
It will take the shipping price from aliexpress if you have alishipping add-on installed and set as the default shipping method in woocommerce.. Else, it automatically displays the default shipping price for each products you set on woo-commerce. In summary,it displays whatever shipping price you set as default :cool: