How to test your site when ready to launch

RobynM

Once our site is ready, loaded with products and set to go live, (I have it set to Maintenance Mode at the moment) how do we test it to make sure all the functions are working as they should? Are we supposed to buy something from ourselves, check our Paypal account to see if we've paid ourselves, see if we get all the relevant emails and then wait for delivery?

Is there a method to trial the site before unleashing it to the world?

Thanks
Robyn

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Once our site is ready, loaded with products and set to go live, (I have it set to Maintenance Mode at the moment) how do we test it to make sure all the functions are working as they should? Are we supposed to buy something from ourselves, check our Paypal account to see if we've paid ourselves, see if we get all the relevant emails and then wait for delivery?

Is there a method to trial the site before unleashing it to the world?

Thanks
Robyn
Please check this thread.

RobynM

Thanks @Ekaterina for answering all my questions, however, you didn't say HOW to test it? Was I correct in saying just to buy some products ourselves? Or is there another way? Is there a tool perhaps that tests functionality for us, without having to wait weeks to see if our own products arrive? Products that we don't necessarily want ourselves. And ... which wastes so much time, when our store is ready to go, we don't want to wait another 2, 3 or 4 weeks just to launch!

What does everybody else do? Can I have some others' experiences please?

Thanks
Robyn

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Thanks @Ekaterina for answering all my questions, however, you didn't say HOW to test it? Was I correct in saying just to buy some products ourselves? Or is there another way? Is there a tool perhaps that tests functionality for us, without having to wait weeks to see if our own products arrive? Products that we don't necessarily want ourselves. And ... which wastes so much time, when our store is ready to go, we don't want to wait another 2, 3 or 4 weeks just to launch!

What does everybody else do? Can I have some others' experiences please?

Thanks
Robyn
Hello Robyn , yes you can test all process by yourself. This is the best way to understand what else needs to be done or fixed before you launch a marketing campaign.