How many days to wait before spending money?

kevgl

Okay so i have seen on a lot of forums everywhere that PayPal is holding your money for 21 days if i am not mistaking.
If i get a customer to pay for an order i thus can not touch this money for at least this 21 days.

But what about the refunds & returns, how are you all managing this? Do you try to NOT touch the money that is on PayPal? For at least that 50-60 days are passed? I mean you can spend the money but if you have to pay it back later....

We all have something like this in our refunds/returns policy: If you did not receive the product within the guaranteed time(45 days not including 2-5 day processing) you can request a refund or a reshipment.

As an example: the customer gets his product on day 50 but still has time (within 15 days after delivery) to ask for a refund.
So only after 65 days i am assured the customer can NOT ask for a refund or is not eligible to get the money back. Am i correct?

maxyy89

I have too read about that 21 days, but I have so far around 230$ worth of orders and profit is around 150$. I have doing like this, i get some orders pay to my Paypal,l let that money to sit on Paypal for a few days and then withdraw to my credit card without any problems. as for refunds i don't know much.

kevgl

Are you not worried about customers who want their money back and you'll have to pay what you allready have spent?

otk

Okay so i have seen on a lot of forums everywhere that PayPal is holding your money for 21 days if i am not mistaking.
If i get a customer to pay for an order i thus can not touch this money for at least this 21 days.

But what about the refunds & returns, how are you all managing this? Do you try to NOT touch the money that is on PayPal? For at least that 50-60 days are passed? I mean you can spend the money but if you have to pay it back later....

We all have something like this in our refunds/returns policy: If you did not receive the product within the guaranteed time(45 days not including 2-5 day processing) you can request a refund or a reshipment.

As an example: the customer gets his product on day 50 but still has time (within 15 days after delivery) to ask for a refund.
So only after 65 days i am assured the customer can NOT ask for a refund or is not eligible to get the money back. Am i correct?
PayPal doesn't hold Your money for no reason, You can withdraw any time. If that's all the money You have in life, then ofcourse it is smart to keep some in reserve to be able to do refunds if needed.

kevgl

I don't spend that money, i keep it away from Paypal only.:)
Thanks, very smart indeed. I thought i couldn't touch it but after 7 days i tried to withdraw and with succes. Great!

PayPal doesn't hold Your money for no reason, You can withdraw any time. If that's all the money You have in life, then ofcourse it is smart to keep some in reserve to be able to do refunds if needed.
PayPal doesn't do this for no reason indeed. But i still am expecting some issues on paying or withdrawing, i don't know why, i just feel so, lol. I will hold onto the money and spend it only after the 65 day mark. It is what it is.

Thanks for the anwsers.

MarkCM

I pretty sure Paypal only holds money for items sold on "EBay" ... by new sellers. After you've made a certain amount of successful sales with no customer problems ... the waiting time is removed.

There won't be any waiting period for transactions outside of EBay ... like your own privately owned Alidropship site.

kevgl

I pretty sure Paypal only holds money for items sold on "EBay" ... by new sellers. After you've made a certain amount of successful sales with no customer problems ... the waiting time is removed.

There won't be any waiting period for transactions outside of EBay ... like your own privately owned Alidropship site.
I have noticed no holding too, but now i know for sure. Thanks.

Kreatonus

I have sold products online and have been the victim of several scams on PayPal. Now I plan to start a real estate business. What do you recommend for a beginner?

GordonParker965

My dad's been in real estate for years, and now he wants to train me and hand the business over to me. I've already made several sales trips with him, and I've learned a lot of useful things. Try to find as much information on real estate as possible, read about the brrrr method, and start a rental investment http://relentlessfinances.com/brrrr-basics/ . Maybe you have a friend or a relative who can help you make your first deal. But don't be offended if you don't get their help, because you will be their competition.

Last edited:
The best way to get started in the real estate business is to find a good real estate agent who can help you learn the ropes. A good agent will be able to give you advice on what properties are a good investment, how to finance a purchase, and how to manage and sell a property. This is an ideal scenario though because I agree, that they will see you as their competition. So do as much research as possible and I hope some luck will be on your side!