How i can hide attribute "Ships From" in product page

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris37

Even if you change that file to stop it being displayed on the product page, it is being preset by the default you are selecting on the product page, so it will still be listed as an attribute/option against the product in the cart, checkout, order details pages and the order confirmation email.

The better option is to disable the attribute from being used for variations, and accept that you need to manually click 'China' when placing the order with the supplier through WooCommerce. It still adds the product to the order automatically, you just need to tell it which country option you want. That way it's completely invisible to the customer, which I assume is what you're trying to achieve.

As far as I'm aware that's the only way to completely stop it from being visible, without adding a load of custom code.

You are right.
is always is gonna show in the confirmation email....but the order is already made....
For this reason even if I hide it from display in the products pages I change and the name to nearest warehouse...
The custome don't need so many information before it buy the products.

But when already place the other, you show them in the confirmation email and some extra information(like the ship from nearest warehouse).
I don't believe customer is gonna care.

chris37

I have tried the CSS code, one time it work, another time it don't. I tried it out of curiosity but I don't really have a plan to implement it permanently. This is a complicated area that would cause the 'ADD TO CART' button not active and the product cannot be ordered in exchange of 'Ship From' attribute removed, which personally is not worth and something I can very much live with and don't bother me a bit. I don't believe customers will not buy because of the Ship From option. That is my personal view of the matter, for those who is willing to take the risk, that is your call.
Is always work .... the proplem is when aliexpees seller change attribute from them end a broke the connection...
The multiple solution are anwsed many time in this forum ...we just must to bring it to our need.
Personal I don't want to hide the "ship from" attribute but I don't really like the China appear in my site .so I prefer to rename it to nearest warehouse.

Mar

Is always work .... the proplem is when aliexpees seller change attribute from them end a broke the connection...
The multiple solution are anwsed many time in this forum ...we just must to bring it to our need.
Personal I don't want to hide the "ship from" attribute but I don't really like the China appear in my site .so I prefer to rename it to nearest warehouse.
That is one of the problem. How do we know that AliExpress seller change attribute at their end? No matter how you try you hide 'China" customers will know that products come from China. As I mentioned in one of my posts I don't advertise China, but I don't spend extra effort to hide it. If China is bad, AliExpress which everybody know is China and never hide the fact would have not succeeded. Again, it is my personal view that is supported by facts.

chris37

That is one of the problem. How do we know that AliExpress seller change attribute at their end? No matter how you try you hide 'China" customers will know that products come from China. As I mentioned in one of my posts I don't advertise China, but I don't spend extra effort to hide it. If China is bad, AliExpress which everybody know is China and never hide the fact would have not succeeded.
How I say again you can not know(you must do manual check ,is not convenient at all)...this is the reason also why many product have stock to zero but have stock in aliexpress.

When the attributes change nothing work in our site.. is some case is effect and the shipping import method from alishipping... For they be synchronize must have same attribute, if something change all shipping method must be reimport.

Mar

How I say again you can not know(you must do manual check ,is not convenient at all)...this is the reason also why many product have stock to zero but have stock in aliexpress.
Manual check is not convenient, yes and I will never do that just because I hid a Ship From option that don't do harm to anybody. There are other reasons why products are marked zero stock, that is something we cannot do anything until we see it. That s why I don't want to add another reason by hiding the innocent Ship From attribute.

Mar

The custome don't need so many information before it buy the products.
Ship From attribute contrary to some statement that it is useless is not without a purpose. Many customers especially in the USA and Europe would choose the Ship From their country if the option is available in the product. That is for fast delivery. The fact that prices would be different, that mean the option has a purpose. I have renamed all Ship From attribute to Nearest Warehouse in my site in the past, I reset all to restore the option for customers.

deedspool

I'm trying to delete all ship from attributes. Then I regenerate all the variations from the other attributes, next I update price for each variation.
Then in front view, there's only "Color" (that's default attribute's name from Alidropship) shown in product page.

Please let me know is it safe to do that? (I only work with products that shipped from China)

Regards

Mar

I'm trying to delete all ship from attributes. Then I regenerate all the variations from the other attributes, next I update price for each variation.
Then in front view, there's only "Color" (that's default attribute's name from Alidropship) shown in product page.

Please let me know is it safe to do that? (I only work with products that shipped from China)

Regards
You are in the thread that discuss this subject to death. You did not bother to review the thread and instead ask this annoying question again?

deedspool

You are in the thread that discuss this subject to death. You did not bother to review the thread and instead ask this annoying question again?
I'm sorry,
But after read this topic, I still can't figure out which solution is preferred.
As I know there's 2 main ways:
1. Just keep all of them and rename "Ship from" to "Nearest Warehouse". For this I have no question
2. Delete the unnecessary "Ship from" attributes, just keep the one you need and change them label to something like: Free or World wide shipping...
And question is about technically, did it break the alidropship functions if I do that or it still working. If it does then I know it's better to stick with the first way.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.