How i can hide attribute "Ships From" in product page

Status
Not open for further replies.

cion3

Hi, as the title says im facing a real problem at least for me,in the last 2 days when i import my product together with "color" attribute i have and the "ships from".
I know that i can't delete none of this attributes because the fullfiment process wll not work (right?) well how i can at least hide this because it's really not good to seen by customers when they go to buy the product.
I have tried to copy paste some codes to function.php but didn't work.Please if anyone know the solution i would be grateful.
shipsfrom.jpg

Arnaldo

So far the only thing i found to make these dirty variations more user friendly was to rename attributes like this:

Ship from = shipping

China = worldwide standard delivery

US and other warehouses = USA Express or EU express.

Not the best fix but a bit more logical.

Also you can "auto-select" these variations at product level so your customer won't have to select these by themselves (one less button to make the add to cart glow and buy).

I already spoke with Alidropship team about this, but don't know if there is any fix for this.

So if anyone feels concerned please speak your voice here!

That doesn't mean the solution is not great indeed, shopify users will have also this problem. But if ali does... boom! Killer!

Last edited:

LightlyScorched

Hello! I have seen this on some of my stores. The Alidropship experts may feel free to correct me, but you can remove this attribute. I just did it today - especially if there is only one option, it's not needed. In one product, I saw that each product was available shipped from the USA or China, and the USA variations were understandably more expensive. I removed the USA variations (to keep everything consistent and inexpensive) and saved my listing. Hope this helps.

Arnaldo

Hi @LightlyScorched.

You're partly right, but it is not always the case for all US domestic shipping.

I'd rather pay 2$ more and add it to final price, specially if i can reduce shipping delay by 15 days!

Also you have many cases where 2 warehouses (china, US, EU) can ship to the same location but at different costs.

But if warehouse 1 is out of stock, warehouse 2 is not so you can still send the product.

I guess that what bothers OP like me is we can not hide these variations on the front end. It is sometimes confusing if you put yourself on the customer shoes. 3 box to tick or you can't push the add to cart button... People are impatient.

Many experts say that a site loading more than 2s decreases conversion dramatically... So if your customer has to figure out like for 30 s "what should I do to buy this product??" exactly the same output. frustration, hesitation then leaves.

So, yes you can also choose "shipping from" option at order stage in the back end, but if 2nd warehouse doesn't ship to this location, you're screwed!

Last edited:

LightlyScorched

Good point about warehouses that ship only to certain locations. I guess in this case, I'd message the supplier and ask about it.

Although I would love to decrease the shipping time, one product that ships fast will make everything else look bad, haha! I'm not yet at the stage where I can warehouse a lot of product in the US, but I have plans to go that direction.

Hi, i just did like @LightlyScorched , i prefer to remove it to have a store more consistent and clean, probably when you want to do "Place Order Automatically" you will need to select the china or united states variation.

That's what I thought initially but how do you handle stock synchronization @AryanShirani ?

(Personal question, is it me or your name sound really Persian to my ears dude? ;-))
About stock i always check if there is a good amount of product in stock like at least 3000 pcs, i am not selling a lot of products but at least you don t need to worrie... anyways there is always another seller with the same products in my case so it s okay...

Yes i am persian :) and you ??

LightlyScorched

I thought I said - I chose the products that shipped from China and deleted the ones from the US, Russian Federation or wherever else. I just want everything consistent for now. I only have about 3 products that are like this and may just delete them all.

swisstribe007

Anyone has found a solution? Clients don't need to know where it comes from. I use the woocommerce plugin... it has an option to not show on product page but still shows up... not sure why... please help

Maxx

Hi, as the title says im facing a real problem at least for me,in the last 2 days when i import my product together with "color" attribute i have and the "ships from".
I know that i can't delete none of this attributes because the fullfiment process wll not work (right?) well how i can at least hide this because it's really not good to seen by customers when they go to buy the product.
I have tried to copy paste some codes to function.php but didn't work.Please if anyone know the solution i would be grateful.
View attachment 3546

OK, I guess I don't understand all of these "workarounds" to get something to work that is already a core function of the software that "should already be working". Why is this thread still going? Support should have already been in here and fixed the issue as well as a host of other issues folks are having.

There is a "tick" box (as you all know) to hide the attribute from your product page that does absolutely nothing! Why Not? Also not working is the option for a dropdown box with the product options, I tick this, preview, looks great, "save attributes", and it reverts back to the defaults. Why is this?

I've been working with the software for a couple of weeks now and it's very frustrating to run across these "features" that are not working from the get-go. Thought I was buying a proven piece of software, but I guess not... When theses issues are found, they really need to be fixed wit all due haste, not just left foe US to find a workaround...

Attributes.png

Arnaldo

"This workaround" just works and you'll have stocks synchronization.

No Shopify, Dropified, Alidropship has that option AliWoo allows us to do.

Yes, support team documenting this workaround would have been good and welcomed indeed, but it's a core Woocommerce feature, not Alidropship.

Frustration is part of the process on your way to success.

Don't forget we do dropshipping also... it gives us some perspective compared to managing a real store, which is far more complicated...

No solution is perfect in this world.

Having a more present Alidropship online support, is another subject still.

Arnaldo

@Maxx
Also not working is the option for a dropdown box with the product options, I tick this, preview, looks great, "save attributes"

Just tick the "as dropdown" for the attributes you display like that, save attribute BUT DO NOT click "Publish" button twice after that.

The attribute will be saved, that's the action of republishing the product page that reverts back to last attribute option.

I had this problem too but doing the above works for me.

Don't ask me why it works like that, but it's pure Woocommerce functionality, not Alidropship related.

Cheers.

luxatrel

You should delete this option (Ship from" when importing products subsequently. For products already added/published, edit item (product). Under product options, select Attributes and hit the delete icon for "Ship from".

Status
Not open for further replies.