Google merchant setup

neeraj89

Hi,
Was going to try google shopping ads for the first time.
Do we need to select all the categories, while generating XML file? Or just one category is fine (which i am going to advertise)

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Hi,
Was going to try google shopping ads for the first time.
Do we need to select all the categories, while generating XML file? Or just one category is fine (which i am going to advertise)
You need to match all your product categories you want to advertise to the relevant Google categories. I hope you'll find this guide helpful.

neeraj89

yes i have seen that guide. i have matched the categories. and now pasted the url. Now i think its under review. i have uploaded one category. Not sure how much time will it take to approve all products..

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

yes i have seen that guide. i have matched the categories. and now pasted the url. Now i think its under review. i have uploaded one category. Not sure how much time will it take to approve all products..
It can take Google up to 2 days to approve your products.

shin

I think Google requires unique ID number for each product to approve. Does the add-ons provide this?

neeraj89

LOL after 3 days, not a single product approved, instead 17 disapproved. Seems lots of work to do..

Attachments

• OnPaste.20180502-170335.png
    OnPaste.20180502-170335.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 12

sherbert

LOL after 3 days, not a single product approved, instead 17 disapproved. Seems lots of work to do..

Completely agree. I gave up in the end, it was too much hassle and constantly got disapproved items, even after paintakingly going through each item and correcting colors etc.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Completely agree. I gave up in the end, it was too much hassle and constantly got disapproved items, even after paintakingly going through each item and correcting colors etc.
Each of your products you're going to advertise on Google needs to be carefully edited so that it complies with Google strict requirements. Otherwise, it just won't be shown in Google ads.

neeraj89

Each of your products you're going to advertise on Google needs to be carefully edited so that it complies with Google strict requirements. Otherwise, it just won't be shown in Google ads.
wow my remaining pending products got approved. haha. do you think i am ready to advertise now?

Attachments

• OnPaste.20180504-125307.png
    OnPaste.20180504-125307.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 15